DiRT Rally Thread

Apologies if this has been covered already, but was there ever official word on whether the vanilla CSR is compatible or not?
The official list has already been added to the OP. CSR wheel isn't listed. But since the GT2 and GT3.RS are both listed it may indeed be an omission. Hard to tell until it hits and someone with a CSR lying around gives it a go.

First corners look like this almost every race.
... Have you watched actual rallycross? That's nothing new. Rallycross drivers are just like rally drivers, except they have less sense. Similarly, rally drivers are just like racing drivers, except that they have less sense.

Hi guys, found a very interesting guide/comparison of all the cars in DiRT Rally!! Describes each cars' characteristics and how you should drive them, very informative!!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=462311586

And there was me generally doing a Clarkson and going FULL POWER!™ with every car out there, even with machines like the 037 and the 205. No wonder I keep getting radiator damage. :lol:

Unhappy day's for my wallet though. :lol:

Nah, when it comes to life's little pleasures (like Forza, PCars, DriveClub, SLR Evo, The Crew etc) I don't mind paying because I know I will always go back and enjoy these games many times. Just a shame they don't bring out more great racing games at more regular intervals.....
God knows when GT Sport and GT7 will be hitting the shelves. Quite frankly fed up with PD's crap.

Look at you guys, being able to fire up this game on Tuesday, while I have to wait until Friday. :grumpy: At first, the online retailer where I preordered the game from stated Tuesday, but when I checked back later this evening, the date got pushed to Friday. The only good thing to come out of this is that my bank account won't be totally emptied by the payment (Yeah that's how bad my job's pay is). Does anyone know if there's going to be a day-one patch?

If DiRT got "DiRT Rally", how about GRID gets "GRID Circuit"? :D (TOCA with the GRID name)

I always thought that Codies couldn't find a name that stuck when it comes to their track racing games. You can't call it "GRID Touring Cars" as touring cars only comprise the minority of the car roster in the most recent iterations, and "GRID Autosport" only represents the most recent release, and can't be used if they decide to branch out into things like drifting again. The best one that would work would be "GRID: Championship Racing". But hey, that's just my 2 cents.

"GRID Touring Cars" as touring cars only comprise the minority of the car roster in the most recent iterations

I don't know what Grid you played...

I played a game with Brasil Stock Cars, NGTC British Touring Cars, EuroV8/V8 Superstars/whatever, a whole load of Super Touring cars, V8 Supercars, and some of the old Super 2000 World Touring Cars.

And spin it this way, naming it GRID Touring Cars would generate a metric ton more interest than the series has had as of late.

Wow.... SMS and Milestone your excuses are now void......

Milestone has no excuse, but I think PCARS is more graphics extensive than DR so it's still not too bad. Not that I'm complaining, DR certainly looks good enough 👍

Codies really outdid themselves with DR. I hope they carry this momentum all the way through this generation as well with their GRID games.

I don't know what Grid you played...

I played a game with Brasil Stock Cars, NGTC British Touring Cars, EuroV8/V8 Superstars/whatever, a whole load of Super Touring cars, V8 Supercars, and some of the old Super 2000 World Touring Cars.

And spin it this way, naming it GRID Touring Cars would generate a metric ton more interest than the series has had as of late.

To be fair, the Touring section of the game is only 20% in GAS. You also have Endurance GT, Formula, Tuner and Street cars so I think the Autosport name is justified.

Personally I'd like them to bring the Race Driver nameplate back :D

Yes its just so refreshing to see a game where with hard work from the devs they can get 60 on both PS4 and XBOX and even in the DF review they say the XBOX has less screen tear than PS4 but with both its almost unnoticeable.
Reason i mention SMS and not just Milestone is SMS used consoles as an excuse for some of their poor work. (you know, consoles which made up pretty much all of the sales of the game)

Can't wait for this game to drop and in respect to Codies (they do get some stick) i'm going to break a rule of mine...i'm preordering the full fat version today..... they deserve it.

If they did this with the 'grid' franchise they could walk it and people would be going "PCars.... whats that then?"

Last edited:
Yes its just so refreshing to see a game where with hard work from the devs they can get 60 on both PS4 and XBOX and even in the DF review they say the XBOX has less screen tear than PS4 but with both its almost unnoticeable.
Reason i mention SMS and not just Milestone is SMS used consoles as an excuse for some of their poor work. (you know, consoles which made up pretty much all of the sales of the game)

Can't wait for this game to drop and in respect to Codies (they do get some stick) i'm going to break a rule of mine...i'm preordering the full fat version today..... they deserve it.

If they did this with the 'grid' franchise they could walk it and people would be going "PCars.... whats that then?"
I've broken my no pre-order rule and pre-ordered DR earlier this evening on PS4. The console reviews I've seen so far all have been fantastic and the DF tests have come out very well for the consoles so it's a no-brainer to me. I've been counting down for the release of DR for over six weeks now and it's so close that I can almost touch it! Rather excited!

I have a problem with Dirt Rally and that is that it makes me feel sick. I had the same issue with the original dirt and their second installment. There is something in the motion that makes my head turn and wants me to throw-up. I'll pass on this one.

However it looks like a really nice rally game! Good to see Codies returning to what they were once good at :banghead:

I have a problem with Dirt Rally and that is that it makes me feel sick. I had the same issue with the original dirt and their second installment. There is something in the motion that makes my head turn and wants me to throw-up. I'll pass on this one.

However it looks like a really nice rally game! Good to see Codies returning to what they were once good at :banghead:
I believe the guy from VVV also had that problem with one of the versions a while back due to something with the shadows and the motion or something.

Good to see I am not the only one. It's very strange and I thought it had to do with me aging badly but that wasn't the case. Well aging badly is in fact...

Didn't have this issue with SLR nor with their Grid Autosport title so I assume it comes down the the Dirt series. Dirt 1 and 2 always caused me a massive headache as well after playing. Well bad luck for me I guess...

Inside sim racing: "lets talk about the graphics John"....

john: "MIND BLOWING...and this is just on the Xbox one!!"

Codies you beauties.....:drool:

How refreshing to not have delays or day one patches.... the bar has been raised..OK the bar was pretty much on the floor anyway, but wow...

:D Its Coming soon :))))

I'm wondering if this PS4 Legend Edition in the cardboard sleeve and McRae video is exclusive to Europe? When looking here in Canada on Amazon the game shows the 'normal' cover image, calling it "Launch Edition", on ebgames.ca they show the "Legend Edition" with the cover as above (minus cardboard sleeve) and doesn't mention the additional video, and at BestBuy it's just the generic cover with no mention of launch or legend edition. Anybody know if they'd all be the same everywhere if I pre-ordered it now?

Wow.... SMS and Milestone your excuses are now void......

No excuses anyway, the sony guy who said they will reject games for PSVR if they fall below 60fps said that the ps4 is easily capable of 60fps, although did say its not easy for devs to do it

I had this problem with WRC3 on ps3. could only play it for 20 minutes

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Figured as people on the codemasters forums are started to get theirs I can post mine. Any questions about the game then feel free to post.

Back