DiRT Rally Thread

I've also pre-ordered the Legend Edition at Consoleshop.be for only 58€, while the digital pre-order is 70€.
Let the countdown begin : 36 days to go !

Hmm.. in the US, when I look at Dirt Rally for ps4 at GameStop and Amazon it shows Legend Edition, but at Best Buy it does not show Legend Edition. I have Games Club Unlock at Best Buy so I would save $10. Wonder if Best Buy is just slow to update or if they really are not getting the Legend Edition?

Hmm.. in the US, when I look at Dirt Rally for ps4 at GameStop and Amazon it shows Legend Edition, but at Best Buy it does not show Legend Edition. I have Games Club Unlock at Best Buy so I would save $10. Wonder if Best Buy is just slow to update or if they really are not getting the Legend Edition?
I'm taking a wild guess and say it's a retailer specific edition of the game - depending where you live, of course. But in all honesty, I don't have a clue. All these pre-order incentives and different editions of games these days are just confusing.

All these pre-order incentives and different editions of games these days are just confusing.
My personal (least) favourite is retailer-exclusive content; you get different pre-order bonuses depending on who you buy from. I noticed it with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, where you could get the Francis Drake, Henry Morgan or Stede Bonnet packs. They were purely cosmetic, of course - extra costumes and accessories for your ship - but that just proved how hollow it was. If you went to one retailer, you got the very fetching Drake pack, but if you went to another, you got the foppish Bonnet pack, and there was no way to tell which was which. Ubisoft eventually made everything available through DLC, and for cheap, but it was just a ridiculous marketing exercise.

My personal (least) favourite is retailer-exclusive content; you get different pre-order bonuses depending on who you buy from. I noticed it with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, where you could get the Francis Drake, Henry Morgan or Stede Bonnet packs. They were purely cosmetic, of course - extra costumes and accessories for your ship - but that just proved how hollow it was. If you went to one retailer, you got the very fetching Drake pack, but if you went to another, you got the foppish Bonnet pack, and there was no way to tell which was which. Ubisoft eventually made everything available through DLC, and for cheap, but it was just a ridiculous marketing exercise.
Urgh. Unsurprisingly, Ubisoft took it to a whole new level with Watch Dogs. But I'm sure there are most likely worse examples than that.

Also, a new (Community) trailer ;

Urgh. Unsurprisingly, Ubisoft took it to a whole new level with Watch Dogs. But I'm sure there are most likely worse examples than that.

Also, a new (Community) trailer ;

Ouch! I also checked out the official trailer at the Xbox Store recently. It has positively blown me away. Codemasters have gone back to their rally sim roots, and it looks like the game's running at 60 fps!

Should make for an interesting addition to my X1 games lineup.

Oops, today's daily rally stage requires you to "own" the car. I think something went wrong with the settings on Codemasters' end......

DiRT Rally Road Book - 18/03/16

Supported wheel list for consoles

Xbox One
– Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing
– Thrustmaster TX – 599XX EVO 30
– Thrustmaster TX – F1 rim
– Thrustmaster TX – Ferrari GTE rim
– Thrustmaster TX – PS rim
– Thrustmaster TX – TM Leather 28 GT
– Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
– Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals
– Thrustmaster T3PA Pro pedals
– Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2 with compatible Wheel Rim (Universal Hub for Xbox One / CSL P1 for Xbox One)
– Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V1
– Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2
– Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3
– Fanatec CSR Pedals
– Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals
– Fanatec Clubsport Handbrake (V2/V3 pedals required)
– Fanatec ClubSport Shifter (SQ)
– Hori Racing Wheel
– MadCatz Pro Racing
– Logitech G920 Racing Wheel

PS4
– Thrustmaster T80
– Thrustmaster T100
– Thrustmaster T150
– Thrustmaster T300 – 599XX EVO 30
– Thrustmaster T300 – F1 rim
– Thrustmaster T300 – Ferrari GTE rim
– Thrustmaster T300 – PS rim
– Thrustmaster T300 – TM Leather 28 GT
– Thrustmaster T500 – 599XX EVO 30
– Thrustmaster T500 – F1 rim
– Thrustmaster T500 – Ferrari GTE rim
– Thrustmaster T500 – PS rim
– Thrustmaster T500 – TM Leather 28 GT
– Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
– Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals
– Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals
– Fanatec ClubSportWheel V1
– Fanatec ClubSportWheel V2
– Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V1
– Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2
– Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3
– Fanatec CSR Pedals
– Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals
– Fanatec CSR Elite Wheel
– Fanatec Clubsport Handbrake (V2/V3 pedals required)
– Fanatec ClubSport Shifter (SQ)
– Fanatec GT2 Wheel
– Fanatec GT3 V2 Wheel
– Fanatec Porsche Wheel Turbo S
– Hori Racing Wheel
– Logitech G29 Racing Wheel

Made my preorder of this today! :D Very excited for April 5th. :drool:

I've gone away from preordering things, but Amazon was offering a decent discount for prime members preordering this so I figured "Why the **** not?" :lol: .

...I was going to buy a digital version but makes more sense for me to remove the DC disc and maybe buy that as digital as I only need the original DC (cheap) as all the rest (season pass, Bikes was digitally downloaded). I think that would work?) :ill: @MeanElf ! Help this dinasour out with digital ..Would this work with DC for me and what would I lose data wise?;)👍
As the PS4 (and XB1 as far as I know) pre-loads a very sizeable chunk of the game from disc, you might as well keep it as it is - especially as the 30Gb of updates are already on your HDD.

Can't wait to get started on my career with the Alpine A110. Although, it appears to be a tad too powerful for the 60's category.

So Sainsbury's in the UK will have an exclusive steel book edition with rally guide. Will be limited. I think I'll get mine there now as I get staff discount.
Thanks for this :yuck: 👍 Oh no, Now I am In two minds Special Steel Book Edition which look cool and rare (Pick up on same day) or Legend Edition in the post pre-order. Can you cancel pre-orders this late does anyone know? :) Which edition is best? :lol:

If I got this right, the Steel Book Edition is exclusive to the UK? I would've double dipped already if it was available here.

^^I think I am going to go with the steel book as I like collector editions and didn't know this was available as I have a store right near me, If that fails I will just get the standard/Legend at any store..Cancelled my pre-order.

Back