Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,414 comments
I think Wyatt Sicks will get involved with Chad Gable during the match, Gable will get his hands on the case but then the music will hit and he will freak out.

So that's three of the guys getting distracted! :lol:

Last edited:
I think Jey is the best one to win. Knight, Drew and Gable have their own distractions. And it's too soon for Andrade or Hayes to win.

I think Jey is the best one to win. Knight, Drew and Gable have their own distractions. And it's too soon for Andrade or Hayes to win.
I dont think its a "too soon" remember it is Money in the Bank after all and have a whole year to build on.

One scenario I thought of post-Raw (as McIntyre spoke to the camera to go off-air).

Is that Drew does indeed win, cashes in at the main event, and THEN Punk costs him that match too.

Also heard a scenario to sell the injury and McIntyre salt to the wound by stealing the bracelet, AJ Lee makes a brief return instead and costs McIntyre either MitB or the title match if he wins.

Less likely but sounds a lot of fun

I think it will be Jey or Gable for the men's match, and either Stratton or Stark for the women's.

Okay so another big weekend for WWE is upon us with Smackdown, Money In The Bank and NXT Heatwave all taking place in Toronto.

First of all this is the advertised stuff for Smackdown tonight.

Rhodes, Owens and Orton to address the Bloodline.
A-Town Down Under v DIY-WWE Tag Team Championship
Bianca Belair & Jade Cargill v Indi Hartwell & Candice La Rae

--------------------------------------------

Here is the card for Money In The Bank.

Intercontinental Championship.
Sami Zayn (c) v Bron Breakker

Six-Man Tag Team Match.
Cody Rhodes, Kevin Owens & Randy Orton v The Bloodline

Women's Money In The Bank Ladder Match.
Naomi, IYO Sky, Chelsea Green, Lyra Valkryia, Tiffany Stratton & Zoey Stark

Men's Money In The Bank Ladder Match.
LA Knight, Chad Gable, Carmelo Hayes, Andrade, Drew McIntyre & Jey Uso

World Heavyweight Championship.
Damien Priest (c) v Seth 'Freakin' Rollins

Its been reported today that the World title match will main event the show, which is interesting regarding the men's MITB ladder match and a potential cash-in.

Its been reported today that the World title match will main event the show, which is interesting regarding the men's MITB ladder match and a potential cash-in.
Interesting... maybe they are going with the McIntyre win and cash-in thwarted by Punk....

I mean... they've done cash-ins on the same PPV before, so it's not unheard of.

DIY are new WWE tag team champions beating A-Town Down Under in a great main event on Smackdown last night, it was built up to be a big match with video packages about the rivalry and history about the titles.

MITB countdown show is on, the show starts at midnight UK time, no changes to the card since last nights Smackdown.

(side-eyes the Stardom 5Star Grand Prix)
Speaking of the 2024 5Star GP:

New Japan: shrinks G1 Climax back down to two blocks
Stardom:

Top two in each block advance on:
RED STARS A:
  • Maika (World of Stardom/⅓ Artist of Stardom Champion)
  • Hazuki
  • Natsuko Tora
  • Natsupoi (possibly next or next next Wonder of Stardom Champion, pending the Mika Iwata (c) v.s Saori Anou match in Sendai Girls on 7/15 and her own shot at the belt on 7/27)
  • Konami (½ Goddess of Stardom Champion)
  • Manami (representing Sendai Girls Pro Wrestling)
  • TBD pending play-in tournament results
RED STARS B:
  • Mayu Iwatani (IWGP Women's Champion) (2018 5Star winner)
  • Tam Nakano
  • Momo Watanabe
  • AZM (pronounced Azumi)
  • Mei Seira
  • Saya Iida (½ New Blood Tag Team Champion)
  • Tomoka Inaba (represting Pro Wrestling JTO)
BLUE STARS A:
  • Saori Anou (possible next Wonder of Stardom Champion)
  • Syuri (½ Goddess of Stardom Champion) (2021 5Star winner)
  • Starlight Kid
  • Xena (⅓ Artist of Stardom Champion)
  • Koguma
  • TBD
  • TBD pending play-in tournament results
BLUE STARS B:
  • Suzu Suzuki (2023 5Star winner)
  • Saya Kamitani (High Speed Champion)
  • Hanan (½ New Blood Tag Team Champion)
  • Ami Sohrei
  • Saki Kashima (who will likely play spoiler in the block)
  • Thekla
  • TBD
Only champions not in yet are Mina Shirakawa (⅓ Artist of Stardom Champion), Mika Iwata (Wonder of Stardom Champion as of now, an outsider representing Sendai Girls), and Rina (Future of Stardom Champion, also likely not in because of school considering she's 17)

Four spots to be filled.
  • At 28, the largest 5Star field in the tournament's history (edging out the 26 of the 2022 5Star, which was won by eventual NXT talent Giulia).
  • Run in round-robin format, this year the top two in points in each block advance to a more traditional single-elimination format
  • In recent years, the prize has been simple: a shot at the World of Stardom Championship at Dream Queendom, Stardom's major year-end show. In the past, there was a choice of titles to challenge for
  • Since it"s inception in 2012, nobody has won more than once or been in the finals more than twice -
    2012: Yuzuki Aikawa
    2013: Nanae Takahashi
    2014: Io Shirai/Sky ⁵
    2015: Kairi Hojo/Sane
    2016: Yoko Bito ¹
    2017: Toni Storm ² ³
    2018: Mayu Iwatani ⁶
    2019: Hana Kimura 😭
    2020: Utami <of the last name which inadvertently trips the GTPlanet swear filter> ¹ ³
    2021: Syuri ³
    2022: Giulia ³
    2023: Suzu Suzuki ⁴

¹: Been to the 5Star finals more than once. Yoko is the only one to do it back to back, winning in 2016 and losing in 2017; Utami made the finals in 2018, just 30 days after her in-ring debut on August 12th that year)
    ²: Toni Storm was the first winner of the tournament to win their available title match. However, the change was apparently legit unplanned owing to then-World of Stardom Champion Mayu Iwatani dislocating her elbow on an innocuous dropkick
    ³: Won their title match, all of which were for the World of Stardom Championship
    ⁴: Then-World of Stardom Champion Tam Nakano would have to vacate the belt due to injury, thus Suzu's match was for the vacant belt. She'd end up losing to Maika
    ⁵: Only winner to use the 5Star to challenge for the tag belts (Goddess of Stardom). Teamed with Mayu Iwatani, lost to then-champs Nanae Takahashi and Kairi Hojo
    ⁶: Only winner to use the 5Star to challenge for the Wonder of Stardom Championship, lost to then-champ Momo Watanabe

Last edited:
I'm not going to give a proper reaction post as its 3.28am here and I did a full shift at work as well as staying up to watch the show.

However I will just say this for now, I hated the Drew/Punk thing.

Honestly love the Drew/Punk thing. MitB being used to further a story instead of pushing someone is always an iffy concept but I think they nailed it for everyone involved, especially with Punk actually being visibly upset screwing McIntyre over instead of joking around like before which shows how much this petty feud escelated and both just want to kill each other while protecting Seth Rollins and Priest.

If only Smackdown learn that, Bloodline isn't really impressive when all they doing is beating the same guy who can never beat them, its why I stopped watching after the World Championship match, nothing but wasted filler material burying KO until Roman returns...

I didn't like because I think MITB should be used to make new stars and not be a tool to enhance a feud that didn't need enhancing anyway, Drew v Punk was red-hot anyway. I also thought it was predictable and poorly executed, Seth had the match won with that suplexe but the ref didn't do the three count I think because he was waiting for McIntyre who maybe missed his cue.

I just think it was a waste of two perfectly good matches.

The rest of the card was a mixed bag for me, the women's MITB match was fantastic with all six ladies pretty much trying to kill each other for twenty minutes, Tiffany Stratton is a great choice but I think I would've gone for Chelsea who once again deserves all the credit and flowers in the world. Zayn v Breakker was a great match and it was a bit of a surprise to see Zayn winning clean, it was the best I've seen Breakker.

The six man tag was Okay but a bit predictable as The Bloodline won and it was just used to fuel the Reigns return which a lot of people thought would happen last night as the match was the main event, Solo pinning the champ Cody is significant though.

John Cena made an appearance and announced his retirement from WWE, next year will be his last in WWE as he takes part in his last Rumble and Mania, he did clarify in the press conference that it will last all year from Jan-Dec and that he hopes to take part in 30-40 events. Its not really a massive surprise.

I didn't like because I think MITB should be used to make new stars and not be a tool to enhance a feud that didn't need enhancing anyway, Drew v Punk was red-hot anyway. I also thought it was predictable and poorly executed, Seth had the match won with that suplexe but the ref didn't do the three count I think because he was waiting for McIntyre who maybe missed his cue.

I just think it was a waste of two perfectly good matches.
That one botch is definitely odd (reminds me of Kevin Owens vs. Reigns Last Man Standing match where the ref just stops counting for Reigns otherwise he was going to lose).

I'm not gonna knock too many points for predictability as it was more a matter of when not if and this scenario benefits greatly from the Money in the Bank contract probably more so than as a tool to push the other 5

Think about it like this for the story, Drew McIntyre grew to despise Money in the Bank, his last 2 reigns ended because of it, thinking its a dumb gimmick only to rely on it as a last resort just to fail the cash in, if that doesnt drive his rage even further, nothing will.

One thing I dont like is Seth getting mad at Punk feels forced when McIntyre was the one who cashed in Punk only went after McIntyre. I know they want to plant seeds for Seth vs. Punk but that matchup is so cold in comparison to McIntyre vs. Punk I really don't care :lol:

Adam Pearce has said that Drew McIntyre is indefinitely suspended.

ICYMI Drew completely lost it during the post show and when they tried to remove him Drew accidently elbowed Pearce in the face, he was eventually calmed down by Wade Barrett.

What made it predictable was McIntyre flat out saying that's what he was going to do after qualifying on RAW to close out the show. I mean.. I called it straight after RAW.

Raw stuff for tonight.

Dominik Mysterio & Liv Morgan v Rey Mysterio & Zelina Vega.
Lyra Valkryia, Kayden Carter & Katana Chance v Damage CTRL.
Braun Strowman & Awesome Truth v Judgment Day.
Chad Gable v Jey Uso

I think there might be a chance that Rhea Ripley will return tonight, given that Dom and Liv are teaming up.

There are also some reports that WWE will be introducing mid card title to the women's division on both shows, like a women's IC title and a women's US title, thoughts?

There are also some reports that WWE will be introducing mid card title to the women's division on both shows, like a women's IC title and a women's US title, thoughts?
  1. WWE Championship
  2. WWE Universal Championsip (still technically a thing)
  3. World Heavyweight Championship
  4. Women's World Championship
  5. Women's Championship
  6. NXT Women's Championship
  7. NXT Championship
  8. United States Championship
  9. Intercontinental Championship
  10. NXT North American Championship
  11. NXT North American Women's Championship
  12. World Tag Team Championship
  13. WWE Tag Team Championship
  14. Women's Tag Team Championship
  15. NXT Tag Team Championship
  16. NXT Heritage Cup
  17. Speed Championship
...we can squeeze a few more titles in :sly:
(fr tho I'm actually kinda on-board, just pointing out the silliness here)

1. WWE Championship
  2. WWE Universal Championsip (still technically a thing)
  3. World Heavyweight Championship
  4. Women's World Championship
  5. Women's Championship
  6. NXT Women's Championship
  7. NXT Championship
  8. United States Championship
  9. Intercontinental Championship
  10. NXT North American Championship
  11. NXT North American Women's Championship
  12. World Tag Team Championship
  13. WWE Tag Team Championship
  14. Women's Tag Team Championship
  15. NXT Tag Team Championship
  16. NXT Heritage Cup
  17. Speed Championship
...we can squeeze a few more titles in :sly:
(fr tho I'm actually kinda on-board, just pointing out the silliness here)
There are too many titles, you are right there.
I mean... the difference is though, because there is a lot of discourse/criticism online about AEW/ROH also having a lot of titles, is that WWE at least has 3 distinct brands, with only 2 of these championships regularly defended and used across more than one brand (the Women's Tag Championship, and theoretically the Speed Championship).

AEW/ROH has (I guess you could say spread across 2 brands, rather than 3 - but realistically with how things seem to be done on AEW, it's all one mish-mash of a brand):
  1. AEW World Championship
  2. AEW International Championship
  3. AEW TNT Championship
  4. AEW Women's Championship
  5. AEW TBS Championship
  6. AEW Continental Championship
  7. FTW Championship
  8. AEW Tag Team Championship
  9. AEW Trios Championship
  10. ROH World Championship
  11. ROH TV Championship
  12. ROH Pure Championship
  13. ROH Tag Team Championship
  14. ROH Six-Man Tag Team Championship (still technically a thing)
  15. ROH Women's Championship
  16. ROH Women's TV Championship

I think Women Midcard Titles is solving one problem but creating several others. I dont think any of the shows can manage 5 Titles effectively (5 and a half for the Womens Tag Team Championship). The Womens Tag Team Championship took over the role of "piss break" matches the Divas Championship had and when NXT made the NXT Womens Tag Team Championship, it just got lost in the shuffle and unified back with the Womens Tag Team Titles.

The midcard Women titles are just going to get lost in the shuffle and probably best to be unified with the main titles. The Shows arent long enpugh and the Womens roster isnt big enough to warrant them in.

I was right about Rhea! She returned to Raw and WWE last night at the end of the show to confront Dominik, his tag match with Liv, Rey and Zelina was the main event and Priest hinted that he had a plan during the show so you knew she would come back, also there was a great scene before the match where Liv was helping Dom prepare for the match by giving him a leg stretch and then the rest of judgment day walked in on them in an uncompromising position. :lol:

CM Punk and Seth Rollins had an interesting opening promo and Punk pleaded with Adam Pearce to lift McIntyre's suspension so they could fight and Drew will be back on Raw next week, Sonya Deville returned properly (she has had a few backstage segments recently) to team up with Stark and Baszler to take out Damage CTRL, so another female faction has started there which is good as there is a lack of them.

More Wyatt Sicks VHS stuff happened last night which was great and Bo Dallas was in Pearce's office last night, it is getting to the point where we need to see them in-ring. Bron Breakker took out Sami Zayn and Ilja Draganov.

Latest Posts

Back