Does the Fuji JGTC race deserve to be a fixed event?

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 80 comments

Should the Fuji JGTC race be fixed to the race selection?

• Yes

Votes: 95 90.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know that. I think you misunderstood my question. You made a big deal out of whether it’s more than half the grid or half the grid that consists of road cars. So my question was, what difference does it make? Absolutely none if you ask me.

For years people have been begging PD to remake the old NSX GT500. It was finally added about two weeks ago. However, now some people act like none of that evered mattered… Because the prevailing logic in this thread appears to be that it would have been good enough if PD simply had taken a road-going NSX and upgraded it to mimic a JGTC car. 💩
Honestly it would been okay in my book , since i am doing that with almost all road cars anyway :D

I know its not "proper" but still its better than having less variety - why not when they got widebodies and parts to look pretty close to the proper race car

Last edited:
What’s so fantastic about it? There are no restrictions on PP and tire compounds. Cars don’t burn fuel and tires don’t deteriorate. The weather is static. Wasted opportunities with 10 laps to complete.
This is your opinion and its wrong, 90.9% of the thread voters enjoy this race. How does setting a PP restriction or Tyre compound make it better? guess what it doesn't because the AI are boosted to match whatever performance you are driving at regardless of whether a restriction is in place or not.
The cars don’t even have to be “official”. I’m fine with the fact that some of the GT500 cars and the F1 GTR have alternate liveries that are not in the game officially. The issue is that some of them are road cars, which impacts the JGTC immersion.
it impacts the immersion if you take yourself too seriously, 90.9% of the voters in this thread think the race should stay which would mean it's pretty good,
Also, why does it trigger you that some people would prefer if all the cars were proper racing cars? It’s just an opinion different to your own, and it’s hardly a controversial viewpoint. I think you should get over yourself.
It looks like you're the triggered one actually. no one is saying not to put the identical race car in. the person who should get over themselves is you.

This is your opinion and its wrong, 90.9% of the thread voters enjoy this race. How does setting a PP restriction or Tyre compound make it better? guess what it doesn't because the AI are boosted to match whatever performance you are driving at regardless of whether a restriction is in place or not.

it impacts the immersion if you take yourself too seriously, 90.9% of the voters in this thread think the race should stay which would mean it's pretty good,

It looks like you're the triggered one actually. no one is saying not to put the identical race car in. the person who should get over themselves is you.
The thread poll is not asking about your enjoyment. Read the actual poll question. You’re reading your own projection into the answers. Bad idea.

I personally enjoy the event, but I think there’s room for improvement in the areas I pointed out. Those points need to be addressed if the event was to become a mainstay.

For years people have been begging PD to remake the old NSX GT500. It was finally added about two weeks ago. However, now some people act like none of that ever mattered… Because the prevailing logic in this thread appears to be that it would have been good enough if PD simply had taken a road-going NSX and upgraded it to mimic a JGTC car. 💩
Honestly, and personally, the mimic version would have been fine by me if we had the race available two years ago. It's a simulation of a theme and it works just fine.

Would having all race cars be better? Yep. Is it necessary for enjoyment and immersion? I argue nope.

Last edited:
Yes, historic JGTC should be a permanent part of GT7.

Then again, the excellent Missions should also be repeatable with the same payouts. But here we are, 2-3 years down the line and those races are forgotten, with players focused on a handful of high paying events.

Makes no sense to me why you'd want to restrict options for players.

For me yes, it should. My only complain would be very uneven difficulty (on hard). Sometimes leader is far ahead, very hard to catch and sometimes I'm first after around 4th lap. Using only stock'ish GR3 cars around 720-740pp.

I think pd added the best race ever since the 4 money grinds with jgtc race. Even through its road cars turned in to race cars is nice touch for me.
This at least for me was an amazing event, sometimes pd can actully deliver.

I don't think there's any race we've done that I would vote against being a permanent addition to the game.

Just did this race for the second time. First time was in the '00 GT500 NSX on RH running 1:39s - 1:40s and easily took second place, but the McLaren in the lead beat me by 13 seconds.

Second attempt I went to a RM tire and ran 1:38s pretty much the whole race, but cars on RH were still maintaining the same pace, and then the 5th place GT500 Skyline ran the fastest lap of a 1:38.4 on the last lap. Had a really good run keeping the Mc-longtail behind me this time, but another NSX and Skyline took 1st and 2nd and there weren't enough laps to reel them in.

I really enjoy this race, but there is no rational explaining how fast the opponents are, how they respond to car/tire choice, or any other weird sliding scale factors that influence the race. I'm not a Fuji master, but I feel like I kept a pretty good pace here, and it would take some serious lap times and consistency to beat the AI in this specific run.

20970600129108804.jpg

Nothing against this event, but if there's one thing I can't stand about this Gran Turismo 7 it's the road cars completely tuned to look like their racing counterparts. For me it's pretending and accepting something we don't have.

I'm a player who wastes hours watching Replays, especially focusing on the cockpit camera, so you will have understood what my problem is. A GT-R that is supposed to replicate its Group A or JTC counterpart with a completely stock interior complete with acoustic limiter is ridiculous and not at all immersive. Don't make me burn in hell, maybe it's just me with a few others who see it that way.

Nothing against this event, but if there's one thing I can't stand about this Gran Turismo 7 it's the road cars completely tuned to look like their racing counterparts. For me it's pretending and accepting something we don't have.

I'm a player who wastes hours watching Replays, especially focusing on the cockpit camera, so you will have understood what my problem is. A GT-R that is supposed to replicate its Group A or JTC counterpart with a completely stock interior complete with acoustic limiter is ridiculous and not at all immersive. Don't make me burn in hell, maybe it's just me with a few others who see it that way.

I'm not going to deny this bugs me as well, but I accept that it's a problem with the interiors not reflecting the race modifications you can make on the cars.

I believe your issue would be invalidated would they just update the indoor furniture as you upgraded... Especially the Weight Reductions.

Anyone able to get the win in an unmodified gr3 Castrol NSX on hards around the new Susuka special race? Can get 2nd but about 6 seconds off the Mclaren F1 longtail gr2 😞

Edit: Have since managed the win but only when the McLaren longtail wasn't in the race. Best lap was a 2 min dead.

Definitely the best special races developed. Hope they make them a permanent addition or even a championship. I'm guessing we'll get Autopolis in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Another brilliant race for old school GT500's. Why these don't become permanent I don't know. As above I see Autopolis next but maybe motegi after that.. .

Last edited:
Anyone able to get the win in an unmodified gr3 Castrol NSX on hards around the new Susuka special race? Can get 2nd but about 6 seconds off the Mclaren F1 longtail gr2 😞
No...only try it with modified and customized road cars, and with a swapped F40(PP around 750 with RHs) managed to finish 3rd(McLaren 2nd, GT-R 1st...)
...swapped GTR33s, RX7s and XJ220s in the Pipeline... ;)

Finally managed a win in a stock NSX '00 on RH (suspension tuned though) against the McLaren longtail - It finishing 6th. Managed to take the lead on 3rd lap. Strategy seems to be push as hard as possible to get in front of the longtail as early as you can. Once overtaken it doesn't seem such a threat. The GT-R '99 came in 2nd and seems to have a considerable power advantage. Shall try that next 😁

At this point I think complaining about the home-brew race cars in this event is like walking into Burger King, asking them to make you a pizza, they actually do it and then you complain it doesn't taste like your local pizza joint.

Back