Doog's Regular Replicas (NEW: Honda Accord LX)

• Thread starter Doog
  • 403 comments
Hate to add more to your list but on a similar Aston theme, how about the Vantage 600 "Le Mans"? Based on the old-style standard Vantage ('99 if I remember correctly)

Somebody has actually already done that (not sure who, but it was in Outeke's thread some time ago). Of course, I don't remember them posting a tune for it or anything, and I doubt you'd like to go through tracking them down and then negotiating with them for the car. I know I do. I'll look into it; it seems like a pretty interesting car.

Will you be doing more cars doog?

Yes, definitely. I just haven't been posting because I don't have time for it; I have a metric ass-ton of English work due on Friday, and I did a chunk last night, and I'll be doing another chunk tonight, rinse and repeat until Thursday night. To add to that, I have a morning announcement about the Ukelele club as well as a superpowers project, both due on Thursday in TV & Film. My portrait project in Photography is due on Friday, and I need to edit 13 more photos and choose 2 finals, and I haven't been able to finish my Daguerreotype assignment, due to me being sick last Wednesday, the day the teacher went over it, and the fact that I asked for her to give me the run-down on Friday, which she forgot, and I shrugged it off because I wanted to edit some other photos anyways. She's been absent yesterday and today, and there's no word wether the project is still due on Friday, or what happens with that. So yeah, I've just got a lot over my head right now. Fun. :dopey:

^Well I know from all our cruise rooms doog has A LOT more cars, question is: will he post them...

That's true. The thing is, some of the replicas I do cruise in never get published because they aren't as accurate as I'd like them to be. I allow a certain margin of difference but on some cars it's too drastic. The famous 1.8T Jetta for instance doesn't actually allow forced induction, and a naturally aspirated replica of a forced induction car doesn't seem right.

Well good luck to you!

And as long as youve got your priorities all good (attending the cruise rooms every night) life rolls on!

Hope to be seeing some new cars soon.... (korean taxi maybe)

Just as long as that Damn Jetta is nowhere to be seen 👍

Note: my replica thread will reopen Nov1 but ill be doing it like this, so I have a freindly trade shedule, not booked up a half year in advance.

Will be dooing a cruise section in it!
Will include my Mafia E55 and maybe the multi cultural schoolbus!

Well good luck to you!

Thanks. 👍

And as long as youve got your priorities all good (attending the cruise rooms every night) life rolls on!

Hope to be seeing some new cars soon.... (korean taxi maybe)

If you can find out for me what the hell kind of taxi they use in the Koreas, I'd be happy to see if it's possible.

Just as long as that Damn Jetta is nowhere to be seen 👍

The 1.8T as a replica is dead, but its life of crime is far from over. However, the naturally aspirated 2.0 base model Jetta is still possible. :mischievous:

Note: my replica thread will reopen Nov1 but ill be doing it like this, so I have a freindly trade shedule, not booked up a half year in advance.

Will be dooing a cruise section in it!

Sounds good.

Doog
Thanks. 👍

If you can find out for me what the hell kind of taxi they use in the Koreas, I'd be happy to see if it's possible.

The 1.8T as a replica is dead, but its life of crime is far from over. However, the naturally aspirated 2.0 base model Jetta is still possible. :mischievous:

Sounds good.

Yea, in south korea they use that Toyota Arsito,

look forward to Bashing that Jetta (in a non-creepy way) in the next lobby!

Yea, in south korea they use that Toyota Aristo

Are they painted in a certain color? Perhaps you could grab a picture for me. 👍

look forward to Bashing that Jetta (in a non-creepy way) in the next lobby!

tumblr_lsk1n0D2ia1qlrk9j.png

Hate to add more to your list but on a similar Aston theme, how about the Vantage 600 "Le Mans"? Based on the old-style standard Vantage ('99 if I remember correctly)

Hi,

I have 2 different versions of the Le Mans Vantage.

• Aston Martin V8 Vantage Le Mans
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage Le Mans 2000

If you send an F/R to Ouwtje, I can put them on share tonight. And you can have a look and/or copy them!

Those sound like great replicas hahahah expecially the bus :)

Outeke
Hi,

I have 2 different versions of the Le Mans Vantage.

[*]Aston Martin V8 Vantage Le Mans
[*]Aston Martin V8 Vantage Le Mans 2000

If you send an F/R to Ouwtje, I can put them on share tonight. And you can have a look and/or copy them!

Those sound like great replicas hahahah expecially the bus :)

Well, they will be sent to you!

As I will never have a schedule again!

I will be doing my repened replica thread like this one....

That's odd, that link showed up just fine on my phone, but its a mile and a half long on the actual site. All it was was a flat black Subaru.

I just tried it on my phone through the app and it doesn't show up at all. :confused:
Anyways, if I can be assed to do it, I have a Mercedes-Benz E550 '13 that's pretty much ready to be posted here.

Doog
I just tried it on my phone through the app and it doesn't show up at all. :confused:
Anyways, if I can be assed to do it, I have a Mercedes-Benz E550 '13 that's pretty much ready to be posted here.

Plans on the new 328i? The 2.0 turbo one?

PM me if you want new ideas :)

Doog

👍

Mercedes Benz FTW

If anyone's still interested, I have some news. I haven't updated the thread with new replicas in some time due to a combination of laziness and lack of motivation. Unfortunately, after I got over laziness and lack of motivation, I found that the main site I use for specs, Automobile Catalog, had changed their format somewhat. For whatever reason, they've decided to no longer carry transmission information, a key part of making a replica. This has made it nearly impossible to find transmission specs for several cars I've wanted to make, specifically ordinary cars, and it's definitely hampered whatever progress I would've made. I have put together a few replicas in the past few weeks, and I hope to start posting again soon.

Acura Integra GSR
Based off the Acura Integra Type R '01
Painted in Aztec Green Pearl

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_45.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_46.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_47.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_48.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_49.jpg

The Recipe

GT Auto

Engine Rebuild
Chassis Restoration
Paint the wheels silver

Tuning Parts

Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable Suspension
Comfort Soft tires

Ballast Amount: 15 kg
Ballast Position: 0

Power Level: 82.6%

Transmission

Top Speed: 261 mph
Final Gear: 4.765

1st: 2.159
2nd: 1.517
3rd: 1.147
4th: 0.921
5th: 0.720
6th: Do whatever you like here. The Integra GSR has a five speed here, but with the way it's geared here, you won't miss the extra gear. The car tops out at around 130 mph.

Suspension

Ride Height: 15, 15
Spring Rate: 7.9, 5.0
Dampers (Extension): 3, 4
Dampers (Compression): 3, 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3, 2

Camber Angle: 0.0, 0.0
Toe Angle: 0.00, 0.20

Brakes: 7, 8

Specs

Horsepower: 170 at 6400 RPM
Torque: 142 lb-ft at 6200 RPM
Weight: 1212 kg
Performance Points: 387

Comments

After a too-long hiatus from replica-making, I feel that this is a worthy car to come back with. If there was a hall of fame for the greatest front wheel drive cars, the Honda Integra would be in it. Introduced in 1986 as a near luxury sedan first sold as the Honda Quint Integra in its native Japan and then a year later stateside as the Acura Integra, the Integra was a modest success at first. Aimed as a sporty sedan to complement the up-level Acura Legend, the Integra was set aside from its competition for the main reason in that it had a DOHC four cylinder which was considered high tech at the time. A new Integra came four years later, and the mechanical marvels continued. The most interesting of the new Integra was its GSR trim level that debuted in 1992, with Honda's racey new VTEC four cylinder, a technology that turned the Integra into an appealing enthusiasts' choice. The Integra was renewed for a third generation four years after the second debuted, and the ball that had began rolling with the original GSR was picking up speed. This new Integra was completely remodeled inside and out, but more importantly, the much-loved GSR returned with more horsepower and more fun. A year later, things really got interesting when the Integra Type R was introduced in Japan, and somehow managed to find its way over to US shores not much later. It was a good time to be an enthusiast.
But most of today's enthusiasts will find that Type Rs are now nearly nonexistent, and the GSR has gained popularity, and it's not hard to see why. The GSR features a 1.8 liter four cylinder producing 170 horsepower, and thanks to VTEC, this potent engine is a peach when you step into it. But like other performance Hondas, this is a peaky engine, and power at more reasonable RPMs just isn't there. But it's alright, because this is a fun car when you have to thrash it around to keep up with traffic. And thanks to a feathery curb weight of 2672 lbs, the Integra's just as fun to punt around the curves as well. Jerk the wheel in your direction of choice and the Integra just holds on and makes sure you get to the end of the corner in good shape. Not to say the Integra's doing that because its computers are telling it to, because it has none. Honda's expert engineering abounds here, making the Integra quite the corner carver thanks to a capable suspension under it. It's a good thing you'll be getting good gas mileage as well, because you won't want to interrupt the fun with a trip to the gas station- that's valuable time you could be using to carve some GTIs up down the mountain, though be warned, don't expect to be passing anyone while going up said mountain, the Integra's high horsepower, low torque character renders it rather useless on steep grades, and it can start to lose its breath at around 90 mph. But that's okay, because it's still a fantastic little pocket rocket.

Back