Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,471 comments
I agree, it is a strange spot to be in not knowing. It is looking more promising that we may see some new Logi stuff in the fall.

I can’t say enough great things about them all! Live my Drivehub! Adding haptics to the pedals and seat/rig is amazing! It’s one of the best low cost/mega value upgrades one can make. For me it was anyway. I had them on my old g29 setup, and I just transferred them over with new mounts. I didn’t realize how helpful they would become.

When I ordered my Frex I thought for sure they would announce a Logi shifter the next day, just my luck kinda thing. Yeah there is no way to tell with them. But what I will say is that I brutalized the S*T out of that Frex shifter driving the Ford Mark IV last night lol. All that Frex cares about is doing work, I have the resistance set up pretty high, and it does not give a F**. It’s not far off from an old race gearbox, hammer through. Thankyou Drivehub!
Yeah, I think the new G hub update notes mentioning something about preparing for new products has given me hope that we're that much closer! I love everything I've read and seen about the Frex - from the simple design, rock-solid nature, and short throw.

Are you getting a Pro shifter from Logitech to compare when/if it comes out or skip it?

I agree about the haptics. I have them for the seat, just need the small pucks for my pedals. I have wind sim to help with the sense of speed and keep me cool (I only race in VR)

Yeah, I think the new G hub update notes mentioning something about preparing for new products has given me hope that we're that much closer! I love everything I've read and seen about the Frex - from the simple design, rock-solid nature, and short throw.

Are you getting a Pro shifter from Logitech to compare when/if it comes out or skip it?

I agree about the haptics. I have them for the seat, just need the small pucks for my pedals. I have wind sim to help with the sense of speed and keep me cool (I only race in VR)

Yes the Frex has simple components, utilitarian design, and is executed really well. Indeed it is rock solid!! It’s something I never considered before Drivehub!

So hard to say without any knowledge of the design. If it’s of equal quality to the pro wheel and pedals, then yes I imagine I may. If it seems like it will offer a good mechanical feel, then yes I would like to try. They made the ports on the base lol. So you just have to hope they decided to go the $400-500 ballpark route and make a really badass addition to G Pro lineup. My fear is they will go the $230 route. But that’s business.

Yes me too, it’s ruined flat screen for me! Hmmm Sounds like a cool added dimension to the VR experience! This may be my new endevour now lol. Thanks! I always need the air on and/or a pedestal fan going in order to play VR without overheating.

Last edited:
Haptics - how do they work with GT7? I was under the impression that things like pedals (eg ABS) wouldn't work. Can you give a rundown of exactly what you mean? I'm interested... ;)

Similarly I'd love more information on the wind sim, as I'm looking for a solution too. Now that I've got the rig and Logi DD set up, I'm absolutely drenched in sweat after a good race...! (Also only race in VR)

Yes the Frex has simple components, utilitarian design, and is executed really well. Indeed it is rock solid!! It’s something I never considered before Drivehub!

So hard to say without any knowledge of the design. If it’s of equal quality to the pro wheel and pedals, then yes I imagine I may. If it seems like it will offer a good mechanical feel, then yes I would like to try. They made the ports on the base lol. So you just have to hope they decided to go the $400-500 ballpark route and make a really badass addition to G Pro lineup. My fear is they will go the $230 route. But that’s business.

Yes me too, it’s ruined flat screen for me! Hmmm Sounds like a cool added dimension to the VR experience! This may be my new endevour now lol. Thanks! I always need the air on and/or a pedestal fan going in order to play VR without overheating.
I also hope, and expect, they'll deliver a higher-end Pro shifter. They should also be able to deliver more value for money than smaller companies, but that remains to be seen.

What would be awesome is to see some clever tech in how it works with the rest of the ecosystem (gear lockout if the clutch is not pressed, some kind of feedback maybe). I wonder if they could've implemented some kind of Trueforce effect on the pedals. Imagine feeling the abs and lockout through Trueforce send to the pedals. That would have been next-level stuff!

Sorry for enticing you to get more gear lol 🙃

Here's how my rig looks - can't drive without the wind now, and it's awesome it alters with your speed. But you can see I have no shifter :guilty:

Attachments

• tempImageQqROWy.png
    tempImageQqROWy.png
    468.1 KB · Views: 7
Haptics - how do they work with GT7? I was under the impression that things like pedals (eg ABS) wouldn't work. Can you give a rundown of exactly what you mean? I'm interested... ;)

Similarly I'd love more information on the wind sim, as I'm looking for a solution too. Now that I've got the rig and Logi DD set up, I'm absolutely drenched in sweat after a good race...! (Also only race in VR)
GT7 has most of the effects on its telemetry, just not abs and couple others. You need your console on same network, set your console IP into Simhub and connect through a specific port (in case you need to do port forwarding). There are some YT videos to configure a DIY bass shakers setup.

You need a Windows PC to make it work. I just got a cheap refurb Lenovo and its only job is to run my rig lol.

My PS5 and laptop running Simhub are connected to the same router/switch to avoid any WiFi lag.

Next project is getting transducers for the brake and maybe the throttle and then hopefully a pro shifter will be out. If not, I’m going for the Frex and Drivehub 😎

Last edited:
Ah - thanks for the clarification guys. A separate PC is a step too far for me I think unfortunately. I already have far less time in the seat than I'd like, and the thought of booting up a PC every time just raises the barrier to entry for 'a quick blast' too high.

I'm new to the Logitech G Pro wheel and the first thing I did was upgrade the firmware to the latest release. I had already ordered my Drive Hub and now see that my upgrade on the wheel is incompatible with the current Drive Hub firmware.

I checked for the release notes but couldn't find any for the Drive Hub. How often does Drive Hub release updates? Or better yet, when (if ever) should I expect support for the current Logitech G Pro firmware with Drive Hub?

Last edited:
I'm new to the Logitech G Pro wheel and the first thing I did was upgrade the firmware to the latest release. I had already ordered my Drive Hub and now see that my upgrade on the wheel is incompatible with the current Drive Hub firmware.

I checked for the release notes but couldn't find any for the Drive Hub. How often does Drive Hub release updates? Or better yet, when (if ever) should I expect support for the current Logitech G Pro firmware with Drive Hub?
Drivehub beta 31 fixes the problem. Update your drivehub firmware and you should be good to go.

I generally don't like using 3rd party hardware to get my peripherals working, but the Drive Hub is a pretty cool piece of technology. I'll buy whatever accessories Logitech puts out in October, but the Drive Hub and Frex Hshift+ shifter is an awesome combination that I can use now with PSVR2 for an added level of immersion. The Frex Hshift+ is not listed as a supported device but works fine... missed shifts and all!

I'm racing in my underwear because its so fargin hot and humid.

[edit] I didn't use the clutch because this was my first race, but the clutch works as it should. [/edit]

Last edited:
@WickedSim I was kinda reluctant at first to use the drivehub, but fell in love with it pretty quick. The main dev is super helpful and has done some pretty amazing stuff with it.

Have you tried increasing the FFB with the drivehub? GT7 is capped at 72% max torque but the drivehub can bring it up to the full 100% without any clipping issues.
I read a lot about getting the full max torque and that was why I bought the Drivehub. But I'm old and capped at 72% is enough for me. I like having the option to increase it, but for now, I'm pretty happy with the additional support of the Frex.

I read a lot about getting the full max torque and that was why I bought the Drivehub. But I'm old and capped at 72% is enough for me. I like having the option to increase it, but for now, I'm pretty happy with the additional support of the Frex.
Yes, congrats! The Frex is on point. Great choice, I can’t say enough great things about my Hshift+. And I do so any chance I get! That thing just puts in some serious work!!!! Period

Last edited:
@Podger is the SHH Thorn shifter supported?

And Moza HBP handbrake or the Sim-Lab XB1 load cell handbrake?
none of them are on the list. There was another user with the Moza shifter.. we can generally add them with very little effort, if you have one and a PC.

if you get me this info I can do a lot:

if you go back a few pages on this topic you'll see where other users have done it.

also https://heusinkveld.com/download-diview/ gives more info if say they use a generic HID device that has multiple axes... for example, it wouldnt surprise me if that load cell had brake use the same controller as their pedal set.. some vendors are just lazy and dont customise their stuff.

Hello, the feedback on the moza r5 steering wheel does not work in the game gran turismo 7 on ps5. Tell me how to enable feedback. Drive huba firmware version 2.1.2 beta 31.

Last edited:
So I just got the drivehub installed and firmware updated to the latest version.

My CSL Elite 1.0 wheel is being detected as a Logitech G29 in GT7.
Is there any way to get it to register as a CSL Elite and would there be any difference with that?

The shift lights do work, but I'm using PS VR2 so not much point in that. I'm mostly interested if I am getting the best possible force feedback or not.

Settings recommendations are also welcome 😁

Back