Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,579 comments
Using Drivehub on gt7/ps5 reduces the ffb strenght to arround 40% of the wheels max power.
I have to turn up the power on the wheel to 100% (20nm) and ingame to 10 to reach forces of 8-10nm.
It feels weak and numb. No car feel and poor ffb.
DD1+hori pad+ latest drivehub firmware.

Is this problem caused by gt7, by drivehub or by a combination of both?

I don't think this will work because the Drivehub needs to run the base and peripherals together via one usb into the ps5. I could be wrong, though.
This was exactly what I was curious about.

I have a wheelbase for the PS5.
If it is installed through Drivehub, I am worried about parts such as input lag.

Using Drivehub on gt7/ps5 reduces the ffb strenght to arround 40% of the wheels max power.
I have to turn up the power on the wheel to 100% (20nm) and ingame to 10 to reach forces of 8-10nm.

When updating did you just select "latest" or did you select the most recent beta release? They are different and the beta release 35 (or whatever we are on now) feels identical on my g pro to just having my g pro plugged in directly to the PS5.

This was exactly what I was curious about.

I have a wheelbase for the PS5.
If it is installed through Drivehub, I am worried about parts such as input lag.
I see now. I thought there was a translation error.

There's no need to worry about input lag. With so many users here you'd have many complaints if there were any trace of lag.

The wheel base needs to be plugged in to DriveHub with all accessories to work. Consoles need so see everything as one unit, and the DH is how different brands are spoofed to look like they're from the same brand as the wheel base.

Well I’m bummed Podger isn’t active anymore. He is the Drivehub. Hopefully he is just occupied with other avenues now, and is ok. He was so active on the thread, and constantly developing and updating the firmware. Thankyou for all of your time and help @Podger we send our best to you!

When updating did you just select "latest" or did you select the most recent beta release? They are different and the beta release 35 (or whatever we are on now) feels identical on my g pro to just having my g pro plugged in directly to the PS5.
Manually selected the firmeware, i tryed alot of them but sadly none of them have strong ffb. the only changelog i found was back from 2017. also on the latest firmware (beta35 or 36) the shifter paddles are mirrored, left is right right is left. also the left stick goes only one direction. i can move it to left but if i try to move right it also moves left. Fanatec DD1, Clubsport RS rim.

Does GT7 nerf or limit the strenght output of direct drive wheels?

Last edited:
I was testing out GT7 last night (haven't turned it on in months) and FFB does seem weaker post-update.

But also note that it's dynamic based on what car you're driving. Drive a GT or other fully equipped race car and the FFB is much stronger for the same software setting.

Despite the "weaker" FFB, the fidelity of it seems much more nuanced. I think I prefer what Polyphony did in this update. Now to get used to the new physics...

Manually selected the firmeware, i tryed alot of them but sadly none of them have strong ffb. the only changelog i found was back from 2017. also on the latest firmware (beta35 or 36) the shifter paddles are mirrored, left is right right is left. also the left stick goes only one direction. i can move it to left but if i try to move right it also moves left. Fanatec DD1, Clubsport RS rim.

Does GT7 nerf or limit the strenght output of direct drive wheels?
As others have said, the ffb is different for each car, and if that’s not what is causing this I’m out of ideas. I know that for me I drove the same car with drivehub and without drivehub and the ffb felt exactly the same. They use to have a ffb limit but that has now been removed.

It's a drive hub and it's more limiting than just that. I have a DD2 I thought would be good through drive hub. I was SO WRONG. I now also have DD+ and it is night and day difference, but OH so glad I went ahead and did it. Even iRacing is better, but still not near as good as FFB in GT7. I can drive in GT7 by feel, grip levels fidelity is crisp and clear AF, as well as weight transfer uphill, downhill, and shifting weight under accel/braking is felt. iRacing still is a tire temp babysitting and muscle memory sim, not realistic, just text book technical, but they have something closer to proper racing with penalization that matters.

The PS5 mode is a much higher update rate - 250hz. Only possible with PS5 licensed peripherals.

It's the turn in ffb that is poor , Racing the Sauber C9 at Daytona oval, getting no ffb effects through the banking, feels butter smooth, latest beta firmware on csl dd 8nm , putting torque at 7 made no difference.

Latest Posts

Back