Driver crashes 458 trying to overtake car.

• Thread starter Grayfox
  • 38 comments
Australia
Australia
I_Grayson_Fox_I
A speed demon has written off a $600,000 Ferrari while trying to overtake a car on an Italian freeway.

The spectacular crash - which was caught on camera by the vehicle in front of the supercar - happened in Bari, southern Italy, the Sport Live website reports.

Things unravelled for the driver of the yellow Ferrari F458 Italia Spider when they attempted to overtake the car that was filming them, but instead lost control.

Video shows the sports car fishtailing into a guard rail as the cameraman exclaims his astonishment.

Local police were alerted of the crash by other motorists but could not find the Ferrari at the scene.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/03/08/09/59/driver-crashes-$600k-ferrari-trying-to-overtake

Last edited:
What source is that from? Lots of inaccurate info there if it's describing this incident:

I doubt the car drove away from that.

Did that off my phone.

It was ninemsn.

Funny they say the car was Gaillio Modena when it was Rosso Scuderia.

Yes it was that crash.

That looked like it totally could have been avoidable.

That looked like it totally could have been avoidable.

Mainly by keeping TSC on and having more throttle when merging on to the freeway.

Still, that's $615,000US. Do they just cost more over there, like in the UK?

We pay GST(everyday tax) on cars, then for that car there may be a import tax but i know there is a "luxury car tax"

Nicksfix
+1 👍

Wondering what was hurt most ..... the car or the drivers ego. :dopey:

Probably it is the driver's ego and the car's ego for letting a complete idiot that has no idea how to drive and shouldn't be driving in the first place being able to get their hands on one.

Honestly I don't really see how he could have lost control judgeing by the angle he was driving at unless he gunned it and turned the wheel ever so slightly. I mean yes it's wet and there is less traction but I figured if anything you'd just spin and know enough to let off the gas before something like this occurs...pretty easy mistake to correct before you even get into a situation like that. Any other car out there probably wouldn't have had that problem if the driver was actually smart.

Then again I don't have much IRL driving experience with RWD cars, I've mostly driven FWD with the exception of our truck, wich is 99% RWD unless I'm offroad.

Slashfan
Honestly I don't really see how he could have lost control judgeing by the angle he was driving at unless he gunned it and turned the wheel ever so slightly. I mean yes it's wet and there is less traction but I figured if anything you'd just spin and know enough to let off the gas before something like this occurs...pretty easy mistake to correct before you even get into a situation like that. Any other car out there probably wouldn't have had that problem if the driver was actually smart.

Then again I don't have much IRL driving experience with RWD cars, I've mostly driven FWD with the exception of our truck, wich is 99% RWD unless I'm offroad.

In words from a drifter. I would tell that guy... Too much throttle not enough counter steer.

Slow news day? Does every nice-car accident deserve its own thread?

Yes.

It is to show us to remember the good times when only rich smart people drove cars and never really crashed them.

EG: Jay Leno.

People have to learn to drive and not to do something dum before buying a car.

That will never happen.

People these days thing driving is a right and they can do it when they want.

Driving is a privilege.

Fazerfan
People have to learn to drive and not to do something dum before buying a car.

Grayfox
That will never happen.

People these days thing driving is a right and they can do it when they want.

Driving is a privilege.

I have been saying that they need the Finland driving test everywhere. Specially in the USA

Fazerfan
:lol: true, here in Finland driving test costs 2000Euros. I dont think lots of people want to pay that.

Not just the money... The test itself. The test will teach you car control that is what is needed.

And how many years and stages in the test till you get your full drivers license?

Not just the money... The test itself. The test will teach you car control that is what is needed.

And how many years and stages in the test till you get your full drivers license?

I dont have driving license but its three stages and maybe 20(?) hours theory and 20(?) hours driving. You can begin training when you are 17 and you get the card when you are 18. How are things in US?

Fazerfan
I dont have driving license but its three stages and maybe 20(?) hours theory and 20(?) hours driving. You can begin training when you are 17 and you get the card when you are 18. How are things in US?

Well first you get your permit when you are 15 after taking a written/computer test. Then a driving test that basically the bare minimum of the basic driving techniques.

Then you wait one year with your permit then you get your drivers license after taking another extremely easy (basic left and right turn on a four way. Obeying speed limit and stop signs. Then a three point turn. Then in some states a parallel park).

I know the Finland driving test is extremely hard and you have to pass every part of the test to pass. I mean far as I have read the test over there is hard and they do some crazy but logical things to teach you car control

The driving tests/laws in the US varies from state to state, it's not the same everywhere...But yes it does tend to be easy.:indiff:

However this video does not appear to be in the USA so?? Don't blame us!?!?!:lol:

playnthru
The driving tests/laws in the US varies from state to state, it's not the same everywhere...But yes it does tend to be easy.:indiff:

However this video does not appear to be in the USA so?? Don't blame us!?!?!:lol:

I know the video isn't in the USA. Just was stating a fact that pretty much that test needs to be everywhere.

So maybe just maybe some idiots wouldn't be idiots behind the wheel

I know the video isn't in the USA. Just was stating a fact that pretty much that test needs to be everywhere.

While I do agree that the U.S. tests need to be overhauled, it's much easier to have strict tests when you live in a country with only 5.5 million people.

Back