EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,683 comments
Specific patch to fix an issue with one of the Swedish stages.

# 🚧 EA SPORTS WRC - Version 1.8.1 Patch Note

• The latest update for EA SPORTS WRC is available to download from <t:1715248800:f> <t:1715248800:R>
  • It is a hotfix to address one specific issue discovered shortly after the release of v1.8.0.

## Crash Fix
* Fixed an issue with Quick Play Multiplayer in which completing an event at Älgsjön (Sweden) would cause the game to crash.

<:blank:894976571406966814>

I'm getting really bad texture pop in - walls just look like flat objects with no textures - but I have settings on full with a 4090, anyone got any tips of how to fix it?

There will be a wrc 2 late this year or not?

Got platinum and really drove all cara and stages. Nice game.

Hope for a fresh and improved career.

Last edited:
I doubt it by now, hoping for a big DLC though. All gone very quiet.
Yeah, I am doubtful on a sequel at this point, but hoping for more content as well. Given that there was that survey that actually asked about additional content, I'd assume they would have a pretty good gauge if there is enough interest?

Be brilliant to get a '24 update with the latest liveries and the Rally2 Yaris.

Last edited:
After 7 months of struggling with poor results and difficulty getting round anything less than a 6 I've found a new wheel setting that seems to have made all the difference. Saturation! I don't know why I haven't tried it before. :banghead:
Now I might be a little more competitive. Tried it out from 3rd stage in this week's club rally and I've already improved.
I drive with a wheel in cockpit or bonnet view so I know I'm never gonna be top dog but I might not be last every time now :lol:
I've already completed some Moments that were defeating me before.

I doubt it by now, hoping for a big DLC though. All gone very quiet.
EA and Codemasters have more to do with introducing a kernel level EA anticheat instead of optimizing WRC and adding the 2024 season. Also Codemasters is working on F1 24 so WRC seems to have not really focus.
Even the patch 1.8 thread in EA forum is missing.

But with 1.9 and EA anticheat it seems that I can't play the game anyway what also means no money from my side to EA and no need for a DLC or another season at least from my side.

But with 1.9 and EA anticheat it seems that I can't play the game anyway what also means no money from my side to EA and no need for a DLC or another season at least from my side.
This is why we can't have nice things. Cheaters wreck things for everyone by forcing devs to implement solutions like this. If only they didn't lock out legitimate players.

I'm glad I play on Xbox.

Last edited:
EA and Codemasters have more to do with introducing a kernel level EA anticheat instead of optimizing WRC and adding the 2024 season. Also Codemasters is working on F1 24 so WRC seems to have not really focus.
Even the patch 1.8 thread in EA forum is missing.

If people didn't cheat we wouldn't need anti-cheat. Sucks but people bought it on themselves. Also the F1 and WRC dev teams are completely separate and we have no idea what's being developed in the background.

Back