EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,721 comments
Even at sale price I'm struggling to pull the trigger on this one and have been continuing to get my fix with Dirt Rally 2.0.

At this point I'm curious about a sequel. I mean this was an annual series under Kylotonn, if that's part of the licensing conditions then we should get a WRC 25 this year. But we don't know that and EA haven't had chance to establish a precedent either way yet.

I don't think not hearing about a sequel yet means we aren't getting one (I seem to recall announcing the current game and release was quite a short turnaround time?) but it would just be nice to know, ya know?

Even at sale price I'm struggling to pull the trigger on this one and have been continuing to get my fix with Dirt Rally 2.0.

At this point I'm curious about a sequel. I mean this was an annual series under Kylotonn, if that's part of the licensing conditions then we should get a WRC 25 this year. But we don't know that and EA haven't had chance to establish a precedent either way yet.

I don't think not hearing about a sequel yet means we aren't getting one (I seem to recall announcing the current game and release was quite a short turnaround time?) but it would just be nice to know, ya know?
Just checked in to enquire if there will be an annual WRC release.

While I wouldn't expect major changes, a years polish and refinement will help greatly, we also have the upcoming PS5 Pro.

I will wait for WRC 24 on PS+ but would buy WRC 25.

Just checked in to enquire if there will be an annual WRC release.

While I wouldn't expect major changes, a years polish and refinement will help greatly, we also have the upcoming PS5 Pro.

I will wait for WRC 24 on PS+ but would buy WRC 25.
I think we're heading towards prime announcement territory. Leaks aside, the current game was announced officially in July and launched October. I think whether we see an expansion/update or full game launch, we'll find out this next month.

I'm in 2 minds, I don't think there is quite enough justification for a new game when the current one has only just got VR, patches have just got it motoring along beautifully. However, career mode needs a serious overhaul, clubs needs a lot of features and quality of life improvements, livery editor needs a revamp, so there's some things that could justify a new release as well.

I hope we get a sort of, spec 2 style expansion/update. New career mode, new official cars/liveries/driver changes, Poland and Latvia and perhaps a couple new classic cars.

Save the big release for the 2025 season with its dramatic calendar expansion and massive new events.

For me the problem with a whole new game release is a business one. EA WRC was released full price then was on sale very, very early. It's repeatedly been about £15 in the last few months. So knowing that, who's actually going to buy it full price if it launches at £45-£50 again? I wouldn't. I'd think 'wait a couple of months till it's 20 quid and had a few bugs ironed out'. I don't see any reason it would be any different second time round.

A big DLC update though, even if it was on the pricier side for DLC? Yup, I'd buy that happily.

For me the problem with a whole new game release is a business one. EA WRC was released full price then was on sale very, very early. It's repeatedly been about £15 in the last few months. So knowing that, who's actually going to buy it full price if it launches at £45-£50 again? I wouldn't. I'd think 'wait a couple of months till it's 20 quid and had a few bugs ironed out'. I don't see any reason it would be any different second time round.

A big DLC update though, even if it was on the pricier side for DLC? Yup, I'd buy that happily.
I guess the first part depends on your perception of full price. £45 day 1 or £40 with EA Play to me isn't a full price release. In a day and age of £60 being the standard pricing. However, your point still stands somewhat imo.

If it launched at £40 again but had an all new career mode, 3 new rallies, 10 new cars and improvements to clubs, I would probably buy it. But I would question whether it could have been a £30 upgrade rather than a new game.

All that said, if I was in CM/EA shoes right now, with the discourse from the launch of the first game and the ongoing issues it had, if went down the update/DLC route, I'd be making it a free update and then going for a £50 release in 2025. Win back the fans then make the money.

I think we're heading towards prime announcement territory. Leaks aside, the current game was announced officially in July and launched October. I think whether we see an expansion/update or full game launch, we'll find out this next month.

I'm in 2 minds, I don't think there is quite enough justification for a new game when the current one has only just got VR, patches have just got it motoring along beautifully. However, career mode needs a serious overhaul, clubs needs a lot of features and quality of life improvements, livery editor needs a revamp, so there's some things that could justify a new release as well.

I hope we get a sort of, spec 2 style expansion/update. New career mode, new official cars/liveries/driver changes, Poland and Latvia and perhaps a couple new classic cars.

Save the big release for the 2025 season with its dramatic calendar expansion and massive new events.
That could be right seeing as the June update/patch was more to July

I really wish this game had a rewind feature like crew motorfest, its such a good system as the clock doesn't stop ticking when you rewind so the onus is on not using it. Every time I try and engage with this game and hit terminal damage I simply switch this game off (only played 22 hours since november and half of that was in photo mode). Game over and repeating levels is archaic, give us the flexibility to play as we want, the hardcore are catered for and rightly so, but what about folks who want to relax when they play?

I hate rewinds. I always turn them off. Even in a game like F1, it takes away all the jeopardy but in rallying even more so - you’ve got to balance speed with not doing something silly, it rightly feels stressful. I don’t want to be able to correct my mistake, I want my mistake to completely screw me so I become better from it.

I’ll always remember a race I did at Monza in F1 2020, I was in the Racing Point and put in the drive of my life, moving up to second at the start then undercutting Hamilton at the stops with some Schumacher-style qualifying laps mid race, and holding him off. On the final lap I lost concentration, hit the second chicane slightly wrong and the back end went. I realised it was game over, hit flashback, and won the race but it felt so hollow and I was gutted with myself for that mistake, that was the moment I turned them off for good.

The only game I still use them actually is Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo because sometimes the physics go weird and screw you rather than your own mistake. I’m really glad they’re not in EA WRC or DR2, GT7, ACC….

I do agree though that a system where the clock doesn’t stop is quite a good system, if they must be included.

Last edited:
I hate rewinds. I always turn them off. Even in a game like F1, it takes away all the jeopardy but in rallying even more so - you’ve got to balance speed with not doing something silly, it rightly feels stressful. I don’t want to be able to correct my mistake, I want my mistake to completely screw me so I become better from it.

I’ll always remember a race I did at Monza in F1 2020, I was in the Racing Point and put in the drive of my life, moving up to second at the start then undercutting Hamilton at the stops with some Schumacher-style qualifying laps mid race, and holding him off. On the final lap I lost concentration, hit the second chicane slightly wrong and the back end went. I realised it was game over, hit flashback, and won the race but it felt so hollow and I was gutted with myself for that mistake, that was the moment I turned them off for good.

The only game I still use them actually is Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo because sometimes the physics go weird and screw you rather than your own mistake. I’m really glad they’re not in EA WRC or DR2, GT7, ACC….

I do agree though that a system where the clock doesn’t stop is quite a good system, if they must be included.
You're definitely right about the jeopardy / achievement aspect in rallying... luckily for you that aspect is fully catered for. I respect your view, and agree rewind is not necessary for the bulk of driving games. WRC has a high proportion of cliffs and track side objects to snag on, and narrow very long duration tracks which is why rewind would be a good fit IMO. Im of the opinion accommodating both types of player (casual/hardcore) is no big deal myself. The competition integrity needs to be maintained for online leader-boards I appreciate that, but in terms of single player or perhaps in a practice mode surely they could let a cosy feature or two be implemented. Gonna keep an eye on updates (you never know), but with so many better driving experiences available I cant see any reason to boot this game up.

For me the problem with a whole new game release is a business one. EA WRC was released full price then was on sale very, very early. It's repeatedly been about £15 in the last few months. So knowing that, who's actually going to buy it full price if it launches at £45-£50 again? I wouldn't.
I would, because rally games are top tier for me and this is the best rally game I've ever played (I do like RBR but it's just too dated for me nowadays). I want to send out the signal that these games are wanted by the community and buying it full price is the only tangible way I can do that.

I would, because rally games are top tier for me and this is the best rally game I've ever played (I do like RBR but it's just too dated for me nowadays). I want to send out the signal that these games are wanted by the community and buying it full price is the only tangible way I can do that.
I am the same; I feel like it is a niche genre and as we have had some long periods in the past without decent rally games, I'll buy at release for the same reason.

With that in mind I'd happily pay over the odds if CM/EA put out a rallycross title.

I know it's 'old' in terms of game releases but Dirt 2.0 still can hold it's own so is still relevant. Yes the rallycross is a niche within a niche but it's still great fun.
I do love EA WRC despite it's shortcomings. The KT titles may have sharper visuals in places but the physics are awful.

Last edited:
I know it's 'old' in terms of game releases but Dirt 2.0 still can hold it's own so is still relevant. Yes the rallycross is a niche within a niche but it's still great fun.
Yeah, I still have DR2.0 installed to scratch my rallycross itch!
I do love EA WRC despite it's shortcomings. The KT titles may have sharper visuals in places but the physics are awful.
Ditto; it is not perfect but the best WRC title we have had for a lot of years (in my personal opinion).

In places there's some odd things such as RWD snap oversteer on tarmac and the feeling like the TC is on when it's set to zero but when it hits a sweet spot like 4wd on gravel it feels so good. The graphics on a wet stage doesn't look as good in WRC, in 2.0 there's lots of standing water in places ( even though it doesn't really affect the car when you drive through them )

Talking of water in WRC, the biggest bugbear of mine is the water splashes. The drag physics are very strong even if it's a shallow one, it's like treacle. Fortunately there's not too many of them in the locations

I really want to enjoy this game, keep trying to come back. But other than getting better at the game, there seems no reward for your time and effort. Recieved all cars at launch, no coins or rewards in clubs etc

I really want to enjoy this game, keep trying to come back. But other than getting better at the game, there seems no reward for your time and effort. Recieved all cars at launch, no coins or rewards in clubs etc
The reward is the driving, same as people going on track days, the reward is the endorphins and adrenaline.

In saying that, games such as wrc are best enjoyed with a wheel and approached as a sim.

Classic console gamer mentality isn't it? They all want little presents for their time 😉
Even as a PC player I miss the progression of having to unlock and upgrade cars like from DiRT Rally 2 for example. I really enjoy the game as it is and it isn't a deal breaker for me but still - Having to purchase and manage my own cars, co-driver, engineers and mechanics like from the DiRT Rally games offered a nice layer of progression.

I see what some people are saying about lack of achievement and progression but realistically the most important thing is the actual content and gameplay the game has to offer, And WRC absolutely nails that for me.

On other note, I've started playing the game again and decided it was time to get some liveries installed. I've left it for now to make sure its safe. I haven't come across people getting in trouble for it so I'm comfortable finally being able to start dabbling in it.

Ofcourse, updated '24 liveries are the first order of the day.

1719922607717.png
1719922650396.png
1719922714798.png

I must be in the minority; I am a console player (and using controller!) and much prefer not having to grind through the game to unlock the cars I want.

Great to just be able to dive into the game, pick a stage and run it with whatever car I want. Then chase that time in other cars from the same class, or see how another class compares.

I don't own this game but I play at a friends house. I must say I enjoy this game. I am terrible at this game but it is fun. I am trying to change my mentality when playing this. I feel like I drive like it is a circuit racer.

Latest Posts

Back