EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,880 comments
2025 WRC calendar confirmed, will make for some very interesting locations for the 2025 game, with Gran Canaria, Paraguay and Saudi Arabia joining the calendar.
View attachment 1376993

Particularly if the Saudi route they want gets signed off and Codemasters can get all of that in a handful of stages.
I hope that Codematers will not just swap names for the current Spain rally that we have in the game (if they will continue this game as the platform) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I hope that Codematers will not just swap names for the current Spain rally taht we have in the game (if they will continue this game as the platform) :rolleyes:
I think that's unlikely. Aside from the obvious backlash, I think it's different enough that they wouldn't get away with it and I'm pretty sure the WRC license will require them to do the location accurately.

The good thing for CM is the rally already existed in ERC so they should be able to map a few stages without guesswork, same with Paraguay I believe.

Last edited:
I'm not really feeling Saudi Arabia as the season finale, but certainly interested in how they integrate these new events. Frankly I think they've done very well with them so far. Redoing everything from scratch with the new engine, using real roads...personally for rally I probably lean towards the KT "fictional stages inspired by real ones'' approach because the end result is more varied vs several noticeable repeated sections if you're cutting a 30km stretch into different stages but I certainly appreciate the effort and accuracy on show.

Promising "new stages in existing locations" also sounds very good to me going forward, from that perspective.

Generally speaking, give me Rally GB and a few old Toyotas and I'll be happy ever after.

I'm not really feeling Saudi Arabia as the season finale, but certainly interested in how they integrate these new events. Frankly I think they've done very well with them so far. Redoing everything from scratch with the new engine, using real roads...personally for rally I probably lean towards the KT "fictional stages inspired by real ones'' approach because the end result is more varied vs several noticeable repeated sections if you're cutting a 30km stretch into different stages but I certainly appreciate the effort and accuracy on show.

Promising "new stages in existing locations" also sounds very good to me going forward, from that perspective.

Generally speaking, give me Rally GB and a few old Toyotas and I'll be happy ever after.
Interestingly, EAWRC has about 250km more unique roads than WRCG. 387.4km in WRCG vs 630km+ in EA.

Agree with rally GB and Toyotas though.

That's interesting, and surprises me. Some of the stages in EA WRC though are huge so I suppose not too surprising. Good to know though.

Even following from afar, that is, here in Brazil, there are some stages that should never leave the WRC.
  • Monte Carlo
  • Sweden
  • Portugal
  • Argentina
  • Italy (the traditional San Remo should be returned to)
  • France (Corsica)
  • Greece (Acropolis)
  • Finland (1000 Lakes)
  • Great Britain (Wales)

I believe that the other locations could alternate with up to 16 Rallies (that would be a very good number) as long as we return to having a significant number of factory teams that score points (like in the good old days of the 80s, 90s, early 2000s).

I hope that to join Toyota, Hyundai and Ford, we will soon have French, Italian, German and Japanese teams.

It could be some of the following:Peugeot/Citröen, Renault, Lancia/Fiat, VW/Audi, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Nissan.I would like to have at least 16 drivers/cars with a chance of winning, that is, at least about 6 factory teams.

EA Play is offering $1 for one month again. Offer valid until 15th August. 5-hr EA Sports WRC trial is included.

As a former DiRT Rally player, I plan to sign up and test out the WRC by 15th August. I know $15 is almost nothing but it is still gonna be nice to try first anyway.
Well worth a go for a buck.

Well worth a go for a buck.
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Disappointed that I can no longer play the game in VR since the 1.9 update. It doesn't give me the option to use a VR headset at start-up anymore and I can't find any solution. Reading online, it seems to be affecting lots of people with various headsets (mine is the HP Reverb G2).

Just for my own entertainment, I have compiled what my ideal Expansion and DLC content would like like. I know it's unlikely for the most part but, bit of fun either way.

WRC 2024 Expansion:
Cars:

Toyota GR Yaris Rally2
Renault Clio Rally3
Rally1 car updates and new liveries across official classes

Rallies:
Rally Poland - 1 Stage: Stanczyki - 31km (+reverse and short versions)
Rally Latvia - 2 Stages: Andumi - 17.9km, Mazilmaja - 13.4km (+reverse and short versions)

Bonus Content:
2021 Toyota Yaris WRC

Rally Cymru - 2 Stages: Sweet Lamb Hafren - 25.65km, Alwen - 10.4km (+reverse and short versions)

DLC1 Winter; Theme - Rally Heroes
Cars:

Skoda Octavia WRC
VW Polo R
Toyota Celica ST185
Toyota Corolla WRC
Audi Quattro A2
Datsun 160J

Stages:
Ouninpohja, Finland - 32.98km (+reverse and 4 short versions +reverse)
Sisteron, Monte-Carlo - 21km (+reverse and 2 short versions +reverse)
Tarzan, Greece - 23.9km (+reverse and 2 short versions +reverse)

DLC2 Spring; Theme - Rallye Authentique
Cars:

2017 Citroen C3 WRC
2011 Citroen DS3 WRC
2004 Peugeot 307cc WRC
1997 Peugeot 106 Maxi
1994 Renault Clio Maxi Kit Car
1977 Peugeot 504

Stages:
Sweden, Umea region (1 new stage, 30kmish, +reverse and 4 short +reverse)
Zagorska Sela, Croatia - 14.2km (+reverse and 2 short versions +reverse)
Passauer Land (Germany), CER - 16.3km (+reverse and 2 short versions +reverse)

Last edited:
I tried EA Sports WRC for first time through the EA Play trial ($1 for one month of EA Sports).

It has been long since I last played DiRT Rally 2.0 and I have been heavily playing Gran Turismo 7's Sport since then. But everything felt immediately familiar again despite EA's sterile UI. I chose 'long events' and went to complete all stages in an event in one sitting. It brought smiles on my face many times. I just kept playing non-stop. I did my one mandatory barrel roll, which happens when coming back after GT racing. Thankfully the car barely took any damage (hardcore damage is on).

Compared to DiRT Rally 2.0, the EA WRC feels like it has a bit too much grip? All assists are off except for the auto-tranny (too much multitasking makes me do barrel rolls). But it has been really long since I played DiRT Rally 2.0 so I can't really comment.

The haptic feedback on my DualSense is amazing. I had to turn down engine vibration though, by a lot. I probably already improved vs my performance in DiRT Rally 2.0 thanks to precisely feeling it when I start spinning my wheels under acceleration. I can't quite feel it when my brakes start getting locked, though. But then I have only been on gravel so maybe the brakes locking is harder to feel there.

The water puddle is a bit weird. It applies an absolute monster of braking on the car. But maybe this is how it is in real life?

I am happy with the trial and I am gonna buy it the next time its price drops to $15. I am excited about returning to rallying! :D

Yes please to 90% of the stuff Magpie posted. If we're getting new cars I just want more of the niche stuff you don't see elsewhere. I've been watching videos of late 80s events (just because) and I reckon my favourite true WRC underdog is the Mazda 323 that Timo Salonen - an overweight, chain smoking fella with massive NHS spectacles, hero - took to victory in Sweden in that year where the Lancia Delta absolutely cleaned up. Other favourites from that era are the Renault 11 which was actually surprisingly decent as a replacement for the rather more famous Renault 5 Turbo, and the rear-engined Skoda back in the days when Skodas were a laughing stock.

There really isn't much in the world that makes me feel genuine nostalgia for the 1980s, but rallying certainly does. I tried to 'make' the Mazda by putting its livery on first a Talbot Sunbeam then a Peugeot 306 Maxi, but neither looked convincing. I'm a bit obsessed by it.

Surprised you didn’t put Fafe/Portugal in your wishlist.
You know, I considered it, but tried to keep my wish-list grounded in development plausibility, and the other 3 topped my desires 😁.

I know it's wishful thinking, it is a wish-list, but honestly, those additions would keep this on top of the rally world for the rest of time.

Disappointed that I can no longer play the game in VR since the 1.9 update. It doesn't give me the option to use a VR headset at start-up anymore and I can't find any solution. Reading online, it seems to be affecting lots of people with various headsets (mine is the HP Reverb G2).
I've sort of got the game working again in VR, but it's a far less easy and reliable experience than it was before 1.9. I'm having to use Steam VR instead of Open Composite which is a pain when everything else I play is fine with OC. The game also now regularly hangs on start-up and only about 1 in 3 attempts to start it up is successful.

It's a real shame as everything was working so well before the patch. I'll wait for another one, but I don't feel much desire to mess about with this anymore and I can see me drifting away from the game now.

Well after 3 BSOD caused by trying to start the game I have finally got it working. I had to enable virtualization in the BIOS and this allowed me to turn on core isolation in Windows settings. The average gamer might not be able to figure this out and be left with a broken game.

Well after 3 BSOD caused by trying to start the game I have finally got it working. I had to enable virtualization in the BIOS and this allowed me to turn on core isolation in Windows settings. The average gamer might not be able to figure this out and be left with a broken game.
Sounds like a problem with EA anticheat.

Last edited:
It's definitely the intrusive and frankly unwanted anti cheat that EA have imposed on the game for PC that's causing the game to lock up or be unplayable, if you go on the EA WRC discord there's loads of posts regarding this. Consoles aren't affected by this as they already have an anti-cheat system enabled of some sort.

I can't see why they need to implement this anyway as the only cheating as such is ridiculously quick stage times to get a WR, it's not like a shooter where people use auto aim or wall hacks

It is a bit frustrating how many PC specific issues have come up since the 1.9.0 release, but they all get forwarded to the dev team so they're aware.

Last edited:
Sounds like a problem with EA anticheat.
Yeah, it has to have been the kernel level anticheat as my PC has never blue screened before.

Rather irritating with them making us all install this rubbish "Anticheat" and still every single Time Trail is ruined by countless impossible times on every track/class combination. How can any Anti-Cheat software worth a damn not automatically detect Someone finishing a 4 stage moments event in 2 minutes as a cheater??!

Rather irritating with them making us all install this rubbish "Anticheat" and still every single Time Trail is ruined by countless impossible times on every track/class combination. How can any Anti-Cheat software worth a damn not automatically detect Someone finishing a 4 stage moments event in 2 minutes as a cheater??!
Are the TT cheats times recent, as in posted since the AC was forced on PC, or are they from beforehand and haven't been removed?

Latest Posts

Back