EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 3,055 comments
Is there any information about a PS5 Pro update? Will the graphics be improved? Is there even a VR mode for PSVR2?
No information on a Pro update. Will likely benefit naturally as its dynamic res etc so will look consistently better. No PSVR2 support currently.

OK. As far as I can see, VR for EA WRC on the PC isn't really good either, is it? I'm thinking of buying a PC and using the PS VR2 with the adapter on the PC. Has anyone tried this with EA WRC? What do you need for GPU power? 4070?

come 5PM I will be constantly refreshing Steam store :lol: Also for anyone with Livery mods installed I decided to remove my PAK files for the moment to see how the update impacts their use.

The sound improvement for the Puma displayed on the Overtake.gg video is quite impressive.

@MagpieRacer Are you thinking of doing a series with the new rallies for us to get chance to try them? Or are we going to wait when they just come around in a series?

Edit:

@donneratze

This may help you :)👍(Copied from Steam VR Update page)

What are the minimum and recommended PC hardware requirements for playing in VR?
The “minimum specs” for playing in VR are equivalent to the “recommended specs” for non-VR. You can find those here but for clarity:

1. Operating System: Windows 10
  2. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel i5 10600K
  3. GPU: AMD Radeon RC 5700XR or NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
  4. RAM: 16 GB
  5. DirectX: Version 12 (“DX12”)
  6. Storage: 95GB, SSD preferred
  7. Network: Broadband internet connection (to download updates, game is playable offline)
  8. Other hardware: Monitor and keyboard

Additionally, below are some configurations we have tested and confirmed to achieve optimal performance during gameplay.

Configuration 1: 90+ fps achieved
  • Headset: Meta Quest 2
  • CPU: Intel i9 13900K
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 (4090 also tested)
  • RAM: 32 GB
  • In-Game Upscaler Setting: DLSS Quality
  • In-Game Graphics Preset: Ultra

Configuration 2: 90+ fps achieved
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen R9 7900x
  • GPU: AMD RX 7900XT
  • In-Game Upscaler Setting: FidelityFX Quality
  • In-Game Graphics Preset: High

Configuration 3: 80+ fps achieved
  • CPU: Intel i9 10900K
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
  • In-Game Upscaler Setting: DLSS Quality
  • In-Game Graphics Preset: High

Any higher spec hardware than this will result in a more performant experience, and give greater freedom to use more demanding graphics settings.

Last edited:
1728403391677.png

Update out on Steam PC.

And the DLC is up on the store.

1728403595339.png

Last edited:
My Series X patch is 25.41Gb in size. Purchased the add-ons bundle before installing so hopefully it'll all come down at the same time like @PJ says.

Last edited:

Looks fun, but without knowing more about the next DLC content unless I've missed something the £25 bundle including those is a bit much for me atm, having not being playing as much as I was planning, compared to the original game price anyway/current alternative spending options. Hopefully it goes on sale when I get back into it, and maybe if it goes on GamePass soon those who get the base game included there will take on the DLC too.

I'm in the same boat, £25 without knowing what you're getting is a no for me. Once Codemasters come out with that info I'll probably take the plunge, the 2024 stuff and the new stages sound good so far, I'll keep my eyes open for videos!

Update is 23.86gb on Series S.
View attachment 1395505Here is the new backdrop for @RYAN while he waits for the download...View attachment 1395508
The 30odd GB download wasnt an issue it was the hour it took to patch 103GB of files on my SSD that was the issue :lol:

I still haven't had a chance to jump on as I've been troubleshooting new RAM that I bought that has been a right pain in the backside to get to work. Thankfully it seems to be working now.

For some reason I'm having to patch over 100GB...🤨
On my end it appeared to be an initial 22GB download, however it's cycled through 50GB of that aforementioned "patch" before it started to download anything.

After further inspection it also appears the game got wiped, at least partially; an extra 40GB of space popped up out of nowhere and the game directory only lists 100MB in the steamapps folder.

On my end it appeared to be an initial 22GB download, however it's cycled through 50GB of that aforementioned "patch" before it started to download anything.

After further inspection it also appears the game got wiped, at least partially; an extra 40GB of space popped up out of nowhere and the game directory only lists 100MB in the steamapps folder.

Here's mine
1728419447352.png

Also the SteamApps
1728419562587.png

Last edited:
Calendar in career mode is different, new events, new invitationals and old events are position ed in different weeks and seasons.

Started a new career mode from wrc2 with the Yaris.

Last edited:
First thoughts:

Love the Yaris Rally2, feels very light-footed and moves around a lot, likes to get the tail out, lots of fun.
The new rallies are excellent, Poland is incredibly fast, as expected, lots of technical sections that you really have to think about in advance, the tarmac sections have some very cruel moments where they transition onto or off tarmac during corners, makes for some very interesting moments. Latvia is again, very quick, but slightly wider and a bit less hair raising, still a huge amount of fun and I will enjoy driving these rallies.
The other new cars are good, the new interior sounds for the Toyota and Hyundai are nice and the updated Puma is a blast to drive, new external sounds for that are brilliant, a lot more meaty sounding. The Fiesta Evo drives much like the last one but looks a lot meaner and has a much better selection of liveries.
New backgrounds look really smart, noticed Sardinia definitely had less stuttering on the stages where it was most prominent, everything generally felt a little smoother.

Big thumbs up from me.

The additional Molly and Phil voiceovers certainly help to break up the monotony.

The lighting looks different as well if I'm not mistaken. At least it seems to be on the Sardegna rally that I was halfway through before the update.

Anyone else missing the old boost system? Nah, me neither.

I'm kind of glad we can't use the new stages in GTP club. Unless everyone buys the DLC, of course.

The crowd noises at the beginning of stages seem to be mixed down again. Pity.

Last edited:
I still haven't managed to have a go. Further inspection shows the new Ram wasn't happy after all. After an evening and night of updating BIOS, Installing/Reinstalling RAM Modules/Cmos batteries/Multiple Black and Blue Screens Of Death.

That's it! I'm reselling the new Ram and sticking with my old stuff. All this trouble for RGB and 400mhz extra... 😑

Time for some late night rallying.

Last edited:
Back