EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 3,068 comments
Beware choosing Pajaris livery on the Yaris if you use cockpit view 😅.
1926e2b65ff9-screenshotUrl.jpg

Really enjoying this, all the 'new' cars are great and the sounds on the Rally1 cars (even though I thought they were pretty good before!) are now mega. The off throttle sounds in particular seem authentic across all three, and align with what I've experienced in real life.

Latvia & Poland are both good new additions, I think I prefer the feel of Latvia more so far but have barely scratched the surface of either rally at this point.

Couple of other things I've noticed, mostly good;
  • Crowd noise - I feel like, contrary to what someone else said, this actually seems more prominent now, especially in replays. I was doing Sweden this morning and can't remember the air horns / cheering / general ambiance being so loud in the mix. I like this though, makes it feel more authentic.
  • WRC points system - just like real life this system is complicated. Nice to see it replicated in the game, but I think if anything it highlights how it really doesn't make sense. Think I'll shift to playing career mode WRC rounds on full length as the primary leg / final leg isn't really that engaging otherwise (on a medium event the first 2 stages are the primary / second 2 are final / final stage is power stage).
  • Monte - I can't figure out if it's meant to be like this or not, but as the first round of the Career mode I've had this event appear in Spring conditions rather than the typical Winter ones. Perhaps more reflective of the real-event these days? Or part of the weather randomisation...that said this is a season change?
  • Events - it definitely feels like there's new events scattered through career mode now. Not sure if this is all a bit of a placebo effect though :lol: Intrigued to see if the now redundant Mexico & Estonia rallies get used elsewhere across the season...and if Estonia will still appear as part of the Asphalt Championship.
Looking forward to diving into this more, and getting stuck into the clubs again. It's been awhile ha!

Really enjoying this, all the 'new' cars are great and the sounds on the Rally1 cars (even though I thought they were pretty good before!) are now mega. The off throttle sounds in particular seem authentic across all three, and align with what I've experienced in real life.

Latvia & Poland are both good new additions, I think I prefer the feel of Latvia more so far but have barely scratched the surface of either rally at this point.

Couple of other things I've noticed, mostly good;
  • Crowd noise - I feel like, contrary to what someone else said, this actually seems more prominent now, especially in replays. I was doing Sweden this morning and can't remember the air horns / cheering / general ambiance being so loud in the mix. I like this though, makes it feel more authentic.
  • WRC points system - just like real life this system is complicated. Nice to see it replicated in the game, but I think if anything it highlights how it really doesn't make sense. Think I'll shift to playing career mode WRC rounds on full length as the primary leg / final leg isn't really that engaging otherwise (on a medium event the first 2 stages are the primary / second 2 are final / final stage is power stage).
  • Monte - I can't figure out if it's meant to be like this or not, but as the first round of the Career mode I've had this event appear in Spring conditions rather than the typical Winter ones. Perhaps more reflective of the real-event these days? Or part of the weather randomisation...that said this is a season change?
  • Events - it definitely feels like there's new events scattered through career mode now. Not sure if this is all a bit of a placebo effect though :lol: Intrigued to see if the now redundant Mexico & Estonia rallies get used elsewhere across the season...and if Estonia will still appear as part of the Asphalt Championship.
Looking forward to diving into this more, and getting stuck into the clubs again. It's been awhile ha!
Yeah I must say I also noticed more prominent crowd noise, particularly as I use chase came, seems more noticeable.

Expect one of my Showcase videos soon :sly:
Well, not today, because both Twitch editing and Youtube rendering are not functioning well both last night and today :mad: Hoping for tomorrow :(

I reeeeeeeeeaaaaally need an Elgato or something like that :ill:

Last edited:
Didn't get long with the game last night, but jumped straight into the '24 Puma so I could hear the (glorious) ALS sounds! Did a short stage in Poland and Latvia just to get a quick feel for them. Poland was probably my least favourite location in DR2 (because I am always crashing there!), hopefully I fare better in EA WRC.

Looking forward to trying the Rally2 Yaris tonight and then I'd like to do a back-to-back with the '23 and '24 Rally1 Yaris to see how different they feel.

Also - and I'm not actually bothered about the cosmetic stuff - but seems like a few more weeks to unlock more bits in the current rally pass.

Back