Elon's Antics

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 1,317 comments
So it's a no-go? Understood. I suppose I ought to just stick to playing it by ear, perhaps even working within the prompts that are offered each round. After all, as Mike Tyson said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth," but I digress.
That is a very poor plan because all you might do is get yourself labeled as weird.

Fair enough. So you think it’s better to actively have a plan?
The best 'plan' may be no plan at all.

Why open the door to a (potential) relationship with anything other than direct, honest questions? Important here because 'speed dating', so just ask what they think about the things that are important to you. IMHO, gathering responses from indirect questions and then extracting the answer to the question you REALLY wanted to ask risks tainting the final result. Crash and burn? Bell rings, start over.😁

Also, be genuine. Superficial sucks. :cheers:

I got a speed-dating event tomorrow evening, and I came up with a genius idea: ask each woman about what they think of Musk. Thoughts? I was thinking that if they recognize his deleterious misogyny, antisemitism, racism, etc. that they'll be more likely to be my type. I'd imagine that such a question would be superior to just asking what their dream travel destination is, or something like that.
Well, how many people actually care about Elon Musk? I bet most people don’t know a whole lot about who he is and what he has said and done. If I wasn’t a member of this forum I wouldn’t know a whole lot about him either.

This is part of the problem. Last week my Dad (76) repeated something Musk had said about free speech, because Musk has significant reach, but because he doesn't 'know' about him, takes it at face value. That's almost more dangerous than the people who do know about him, and still worship him.

I’ve had the same recently with my own parents but not Elon, it was first Farage and the Reform Party and now Tommy Robinson and the protests.

Really winds me up, they’ll happily listen to these voices on social media but try and tell them a sliver of truth and they don’t want to hear it.

Apartheid KKKlyde doing free speech things.

1722529724417.png

Fine, just use the more British-sounding weirdo. Or ****ing weirdo if you want some salt and pepper on it.

1722608557731.png

Not that it's what Keir actually said, but he also suggested we hold social media platforms, and their owners, accountable for the misinformation they spread. Elon's then gone on to draw attention to a number of posts critical of Keir's speech. I wonder why.

The great thing about Elon's Antics™ is that he has annoyed Tesla's traditional customer base so much that demand has fallen so far that Tesla has been forced to cut prices a lot.

A few years back, a Model Y was out of reach and uncompetitively priced. A month ago I took out a lease on a Model Y long range.

I have to say that the ownership experience of this car is better than any other, and Mrs Possum and I are considering selling our Corvette in favor of a Model 3. I bought my first car over 60 years ago, so I've had a few.

Also, the "Full" Self Driving software is no longer a joke. It's still not "Full", but it's a very, very positive experience.

I figure Elon will destroy democracy and America with or without the profits from our lease, so we might as well enjoy the upside.

Wow that's super strange. I could have sworn he told advertisers who were leaving the platform to "Go 🤬 yourselves" during a major taped interview regarding the future of the company. And then said it a second time with a stupid looking smug smirk on his face, scanning the crowd to try and force applause as if hey didn't hear his cleverness the first time. Did he not actually want them to leave, then?

Last edited:

Wow that's super strange. I could have sworn he told advertisers who were leaving the platform to "Go 🤬 yourselves" during a major taped interview regarding the future of the company. And then said it a second time with a stupid looking smug smirk on his face, scanning the crowd to try and force applause as if hey didn't hear his cleverness the first time. Did he not actually want them to leave, then?
Free market decisions but not like that.

We wouldn't all have to deal with these childish tantrums if we just gave Elon our collective adulation at all times. How dare we not constantly devote ourselves to praising this luminary?

Replies are (largely) on point...

Screenshot_20240807-030212.png

Latest Posts

Back