Engine Swaps

I hate to be one of those people but use the search button. There are quite a few informative threads on the topic of engine swaps:tup:

i will feel like an rb26dett with big turbos :P .

just like savage388 said search button is useful alot of thread already been opened :( .

We already have engine swaps. Just change the exhaust in you Corvette, and you'll swap the LS7 for an old Vortec V6.

I wanna put a Rotary Airplane engine into my 68' Fiat. GT5 should definitely allow me to do that.

You're thinking too small.

I'd like a Mitsubishi F-2 engine for my Pajero.

Seriously though, engine and drive train swaps would be nice, but a bigger selection of turbos (more descriptive) and superchargers (also more description please) as well as other parts and force induction would make the game better I think. However, seeing as parts are hypothetical in the game and not really based on facts or asking tuners what would truely happen, I don't see how this would help us currently. When PD desides to hire a group of turners to advice them in the game as well to make a better racer for the fans then more parts will be a plus and so will engine swaps and drive train.

I mean if I swap out a 4A from a AE86 and drop in a 7m, 1jz or 2jz-gte, the car will handle differently obviously having more weight and possibly understeer due to the front behaving different now. Well if PD cant translate that over into the game from a real world situation, what is the whole point of "simulating" cars with engine swaps? So I just think they should test it first in a beta, then do more testing in Prolouge and finally fine tune it for the full game, so we don't have the same issues like we do now with damage.

savage388
I hate to be one of those people but use the search button. There are quite a few informative threads on the topic of engine swaps:tup:

If you are going to be "one of those people" at least set a link.

If they do swaps they have to one up forza and make swaps from brand to brand always wanted a ls2 in a rx7 or something in a game

That sounds alot like auto modelista's engine swap where you were limited to brand, and engine displacement, I remember swapping the 2.6 L20 in the 240z out for a 300zx's twin turbo VG30DETT V6, and whoopin some ass in that car!

I've always wanted a BMW I6 in the RX8. That would be epic...

I think to add to that, there should be drivetrain swaps. Anyone down for a 4WD X2011? Or maybe that would be neat as an FF...

Edit: X2011 engine in a Caterham.... Oh yes.

IF PD implements it in a realistic manner, I´m saying yes.
But if X1 in Caterham/500F/Suzuki GSX-R/other small Car is possible 👎

Maybe swap engines of same make or same size. Or every Car gets his own engine room and every engine has its own size
=> only engines which fit inside could be swaped
=> would keep things realistic

Although then you could swap a X1 engine into a Veyron ?)

Just more customization period.

I feel like it's the same exact thing for every car, and doesn't feel customized at all.

Ultimate drag car: X2011 engine in an AWD body like a GTR or an Evo. Something small and light but with plenty of grip.But yea, itd have to be realistic otherwise we'd end up with samba buses running around with twin-turbo-supercharged LSX's popping wheelies down the Mulsanne.... 💡

If you really want to be scared out of your mind, make pd bring back the diahatsu midget type 1, then ad a x2011 engine in. Ultimate stunt mobile. Or put the same engine into the caterham, for ultimate power to wieght ratio of 5bhp per kg. :embarrassed:

I just want a broader range of tuning parts. do AWAY with stages likev they have now for more variety.

you should be able to choose between different turbos, engine tunes etc, none neccesarily being faster than the other outright but rather to fit what YOU want out of the car and your driving style.

for example somebody could decide to go down the oath of a really laggy unresponsive car but with massive power vs a taught and responsive tuning method with less power
both cars could be equally fast depending on the driving style track etc

heres my rant; too many people put wishlists up and im sick of them, gt5 is without dought the best RCS out there. And how would the physics code cope, an x1 engined fiat 500 sounds good but in practice, not so...

Maybe a limit on it, fiat 500 with a citroen wrc engine would be better.

Rant over, now for my for arguement, a Caterham with 500 bhp=Levante, just ask PD to add powerful versions of cars, or mod them...:grumpy:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back