EXCLUSIVE GT5:P Spec II - NINTH update (NEW DFGT Wheel Hands-On, April 18)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 2,456 comments
Oh yeah I forgot to ask this, but for online races, what is the number of laps the host set? Between what and what? I'm hoping we will be able to race up to 50 lap races. Long races with a bunch of people is FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

This might be an dumb question, but i read somewhere that the whole license was removed out of the game. Is that true?

Thanks for the update Amar!
But the fact that there ain't a 2player replay really disappoints me. The strangest thing about this is that i can't think of any reason why they would leave it out. A replay is a replay, and for the technical part of it, it won't matter if its a replay of a time trial, single player race, 2 player race or even a online race. Its probably more programming work to keep it out, than to put it in.
Very strange, but since its already confirmed we get at least one more update (for the online stuff) i have good hopes in PD to get the 2 player replays in.

yeah, pretty strange they're not in GT5P since GT4P was all about license tests..

yeah,but with the all new other stuff wich is in gt5p and was not in other prologues ,i think copying the previous prologue wasnt the idea of pd....would have been a bit boring also to allways have the same things wouldnt it??:sly:

Thanks for the update Amar. Dissapointing that there is no 2 player replays. But I guess i'll live. Thanks again for answering my question about the colors for the Viper.

I just wanted to inform you:
the PAL GT5P intro movie is available at youtube, so everybody who wants to spoil himself is invited.
And YES it comes filmed with that old shaky cam!

But the fact that there ain't a 2player replay really disappoints me. The strangest thing about this is that i can't think of any reason why they would leave it out. A replay is a replay, and for the technical part of it, it won't matter if its a replay of a time trial, single player race, 2 player race or even a online race. Its probably more programming work to keep it out, than to put it in.

I'm sure 2-player replays will make it eventually. I doubt very much that they deliberately removed the 2-player replays - why would they do that?! I'm guessing they have designed / coded the way replays are captured in a way which doesn't work for two, player-controlled cars simultaneously. I'm fairly certain it would be extra to add these capabilities. Seems strange if it is a code design decision because obviously they had this working before in previous GTs... Perhaps they tested it this time and there were some performance issues? Anyway, I think it will definitely make it in GT5, hopefully as part of a Prologue update.

Latest Posts

Back