EXCLUSIVE GT5:P Spec II - NINTH update (NEW DFGT Wheel Hands-On, April 18)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 2,456 comments
...You get basic game-disc (with different print-on though) and bonus-press-disc with GT5 videos, hi-res pictures, various press-info, assets and such...

Could you send me the hi-res pictures on the bonus disc? :embarrassed: (or it's the same as what we have on the net?)

Just asking... in case :)

so stj88 finally got a vid of his beloved skyline in blitz tune!

ER34blitz3.jpg

We even got one real blitz ER34 in holland, its Nomura's 2005 D1 SL car. It was imported last year.

robin:Nah, its a mercedes gullwing concept.

aha,send your picture to mercedes....if they are looking for a new slr...you made it...lol.

I think the original release dates are still applicable but some people received their copies earlier than they had expected due to certain stores releasing the game before the official date.

Then again, I may be wrong...

I think the original release dates are still applicable but some people received their copies earlier than they had expected due to certain stores releasing the game before the official date.

Then again, I may be wrong...
well, I just got a mail from cdon.com that says my order is delivered! to bad it's weekend till tuesday! :crazy:

well, I just got a mail from cdon.com that says my order is delivered! to bad it's weekend till tuesday! :crazy:

Oh right, well that makes me wish I'd ordered mine from cdon.com

EDIT: Although it appears that they stock it for everywhere (Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland) except the EU which is probably the one I would've ordered it from so maybe i'm not too unlucky. It does seem like more and more places are sending it out early though.

It really wouldn't surprise me if places are getting it already...some stores always put it out before they are really supposed to the maximize their sales... its usually the smaller retailers....

Im just waiting for the JPN update which should happen on EU launch day...

Robin

so will the JPN get an update to inc all the new cars and features?

Nice video. I haven't watched the others yet but it would be nice if they showed some cockpit madness!

I'm hoping that PD will give us an option where you can view your car's surroundings (not just cockpit but different views as well) with the right analog stick.

Things have changed since the Xbox arrived, havent they! :P
Even I prefer to Accel and Brake using the Right and Left Triggers (on 360), respectively. Adds more control, specially mid-corner, when you need to correct the weight balance of the car at times (more like Left Foot Braking / Braking while the throttle is still on). You cant do that with the right analog stick, accel/brake, button config. And since PGR3, I am so used to using the Right Analog Stick for a 360 degree view (I drive using 3rd person/chase cam view, as it helps me keep a better control of the car, for some weird reason)..

Nice video. I haven't watched the others yet but it would be nice if they showed some cockpit madness!

I'm hoping that PD will give us an option where you can view your car's surroundings (not just cockpit but different views as well) with the right analog stick.

I used to use the right thumbstick to accel/brake, but since Forza2, i got accustomed to the "triggers" to accel/brake and the right thumbstick to look around, which is a very good feature.

I too would like to see this feature added to GT5 (to be able to look around).

Question for anyone who has the game. You may speculate on this even if you don't know the answer for sure.

For online races, what is the number of laps the host can set? Between what and what? I'm hoping we will be able to race up to 50 lap races. Long races with a bunch of people is FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

Question for anyone who has the game. You may speculate on this even if you don't know the answer for sure.

For online races, what is the number of laps the host can set? Between what and what? I'm hoping we will be able to race up to 50 lap races. Long races with a bunch of people is FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

I have heard it can go up as high as 99.
Personally, I do not like the r2 l2 triggers for the ps3. It seems as if you have to use more 'strength' to press it than the ps2 controllers.
I also don't use the analog stick to drive. Square to accelerate and x to decelerate for me. :)

I've just tested GT5p demo, and was i little bit deconcerted to saw how my G25 worked...
I think the forcefeedback is poor xD
How about GT5p EUR? It is better?
Thx

Moderator Edit 99 LAPS?????????????????????? ONLINE?????

Where did you read this bro? Link?

Amar can you confirm?

Much apologies if what I said was fake - the memory of mine is a bit vague to say the least.
Anyway, thinking back, I wanted an option where you can set the laps infinite. However, I remember coming across a picture or video that shows 99 at the corner of the screen. It may be from the singleplayer or online. I was disappointed but 99 laps was long and good enough. 👍
Again, sorry if I'm wrong and made you happy for a min there! :P

Hopefully Amar can confirm this.

I have heard it can go up as high as 99.
Personally, I do not like the r2 l2 triggers for the ps3. It seems as if you have to use more 'strength' to press it than the ps2 controllers.
I also don't use the analog stick to drive. Square to accelerate and x to decelerate for me. :)
My preferred controls are:

- X = Xlr8
- [ ] = Brake
- O = Handbrake
- ^ = Reverse
- Left stick = Steering
- R2 = Gears up
- L2 = Gears down
- L1 = Look behind

This basically leaves R1 available to launch the real-time adjustment option, and the d-pad for controlling said feature.

With the DS3/SIXAXIS, I find that if I use the triggers for accelerating and braking, steering with the analogue sticks can be a bit awkward at times. Luckily, the face buttons are pressure sensitive, so holding a mid-range speed around corners that need it isn't too bad. Even with triggers, the tendency is to depress them fully anyway as their is just too little play. I guess it's what you are used to.

Slightly different subject, I assume the intro is cool, no?! I'll be waiting to see it for myself on my 46" 1080p BRAVIA :)

My preferred controls are:

- X = Xlr8
- [ ] = Brake
- O = Handbrake
- ^ = Reverse
- Left stick = Steering
- R2 = Gears up
- L2 = Gears down
- L1 = Look behind
same here.. those have been the controls since GT1 so I can't change now :crazy:

wonder if I should use the dfp for GT5P though, but the pedal issue drives me mad! :banghead:

same here.. those have been the controls since GT1 so I can't change now :crazy:

wonder if I should use the dfp for GT5P though, but the pedal issue drives me mad! :banghead:
Aye, once bitten and all that! I just find that those controls really suit the design and layout of the pad. With the Xbox 360, I'm fine using the triggers as accelerate and brake, but I don't own one, so it's not an issue.

I wouldn't bother with a wheel of any kind of the game. I bought a DFP for GT4, and while it was definitely fun, I couldn't progress through the game too well with it. I sold it a couple of weeks on. Regardless of what people might think, the game is designed for playing with the pad - even Kaz himself uses the d-pad and face buttons I believe.

I'm actually about 2 seconds faster with the G25, however I tend to make bigger mistakes with it than a controller, so for me it's still debatable whether I use the wheel or a controller.

Latest Posts

Back