EXCLUSIVE GT5:P Spec II - NINTH update (NEW DFGT Wheel Hands-On, April 18)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 2,456 comments
I'm actually about 2 seconds faster with the G25, however I tend to make bigger mistakes with it than a controller, so for me it's still debatable whether I use the wheel or a controller.
It all depends on the track and how many tight turns there are. On more open courses, the wheel is fine, but tight windy street circuits, it just didn't suit me at all. Plus, as you say, when it goes wrong, it goes wronger with the wheel (don't you just love inventing words like that?!).

I wouldn't bother with a wheel of any kind of the game. I bought a DFP for GT4, and while it was definitely fun, I couldn't progress through the game too well with it. I sold it a couple of weeks on. Regardless of what people might think, the game is designed for playing with the pad - even Kaz himself uses the d-pad and face buttons I believe.
lol, he uses the d-pad at demonstrations yes.. There is a vid of Kaz racing against Sebastian Loeb with the dfp at Circuit De La Sarthe and he is good, but if I remember it correctly Loeb wins :lol:

EDIT:
Loeb: 3'11''298
Kazunori: 3'11''696

hmm today 22nd I received my pre-order copy of gran turismo 5 prologue (eu). It shouldn't be released until 26 march here in Switzerland. Has anyone also already received a copy of the EU or US version ?

Greetz

Numer0bis

Amar...bless you my friend for keeping us all updated on the pal version of prologue. All of your info, pics and videos have been stunning and more than a tease of whats to come! Can't wait for 28th when I finally get me grubby hands on it lol...until then, try and keep us informed on any other juicy stuff :)

Ps. More F40 pics would keep me going till next Friday brother...

Nice one mate

hmm today 22nd I received my pre-order copy of gran turismo 5 prologue (eu). It shouldn't be released until 26 march here in Switzerland. Has anyone also already received a copy of the EU or US version ?

Greetz

Numer0bis
It will probably be in my mailbox on tuesday cause I got an e-mail from cdon.com yesterday that said my order was delivered, and it's weekend in Sweden untill tuesday so....

lol, he uses the d-pad at demonstrations yes.. There is a vid of Kaz racing against Sebastian Loeb with the dfp at Circuit De La Sarthe and he is good, but if I remember it correctly Loeb wins :lol:

EDIT:
Loeb: 3'11''298
Kazunori: 3'11''696

Yes, that was a great vid! It was nice to see how seriously the WRC champ took the challenge, and won, of course. But, there was not a slightest "downgrade" on Kazunori san´s face at all. Very promotional indeed.. After seeing this, it's obvious, that Kaz´ san uses wheel mostly.

Yes, that was a great vid! It was nice to see how seriously the WRC champ took the challenge, and won, of course. But, there was not a slightest "downgrade" on Kazunori san´s face at all. Very promotional indeed.. After seeing this, it's obvious, that Kaz´ san uses wheel mostly.

Anyone have a link to this vid? I'd love to see Kaz take on one of the best drivers in the world.

;)

Amar212
Still no other tire-compound than S2 is available for Time-Trials, and there is no Free Race mode to make-out-for-it either. I still do not understand this move, and I'm still hoping that we'll be able to choose different compounds in Time-Trials. So, KSaiyu I have to disappoint you - and me, and lots of other people I guess - on this subject.

Bugger :(

Now, can someone say if the Citröen C4's steering wheel in-game has the fixed hub when driving inside the car? I just LOVE this feature! Would be nice to see if it's correctly implemented...

Now, can someone say if the Citröen C4's steering wheel in-game has the fixed hub when driving inside the car? I just LOVE this feature! Would be nice to see if it's correctly implemented...

Sadly enough I would also like to know this:D

Yeah I would also like to know, I think PD would have done it right though...

I've seen just now the additional PAL track High Speed Ring, it's soo cool looking, it's almost like wonderland. I'm glad PD follows its traditions and draw beautiful tracks, I can't wait for my copy of the game and for a PS3, Yay! :)

I've seen just now the additional PAL track High Speed Ring, it's soo cool looking, it's almost like wonderland. I'm glad PD follows its traditions and draw beautiful tracks, I can't wait for my copy of the game and for a PS3, Yay! :)
What do you mean by "PAL track"? It's not only for the EU version. And if you didn't know, High Speed Ring was in GT1, GT2 and GT4 as well.

Latest Posts

Back