Expections for GT7 in 2023?

• Thread starter alex511
  • 112 comments
My expectations are 3 more tracks, maybe only 2. 6 new layouts for existing tracks which just include adding weather and time of day LOL. 72 new cars (3 a month, but 1 big release either summer, christmas or [least likely] 1 year anniversary).

So mostly; me playing a bunch more sport mode while getting about 1.5 hours of new offline content a month.

If we are SUPER DUPER LUCKY we will get a big update during the summer that will be a ton of offline content, HOWEVER; it will just be a regurgitated version of the same offline progression we had in GT Sport. You know the Beginner > Amateur > Pro > Endurance progression that we have always had. There will be new races sprinkled throughout that payout similar to our current "Big 4"

Last edited:
Someone a while ago posted this layout. This blew my mind, haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. Please PD please

Attachments

• 7A005253-A0A4-4732-A1D3-53783729A254.jpeg
    7A005253-A0A4-4732-A1D3-53783729A254.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 32
Given that Deep Forest is in Switzerland and Trial Mountain is on the California/Nevada border, those link roads will be loooooooooooooooooooooooong.
You’re right of course but it would be awesome!!

I’ll just go back to hoping for an updated Sierra track from GT6.

Definitely a few Gran Turismo legends that are absent in GT7, mainly either the Nissan R390 GT1 or Toyota TS020 GT-ONE since PD seems to like to include nostalgic cars but I feel like one of those 2 for sure will return this year. But I also feel like they will include a few cars from previous GT titles that are unexpected *but well recieved.

Atleast 3 tracks with 2 being original circuits.

Atleast 3 more Sardegna/Le Mans paying events.

Still no events for Gr.2 unless they include one of the 2 listed cars and create a special menu book around them.

A gr.3 variant of the C8 instead of the real C8R.

Definitely a few Gran Turismo legends that are absent in GT7, mainly either the Nissan R390 GT1 or Toyota TS020 GT-ONE since PD seems to like to include nostalgic cars but I feel like one of those 2 for sure will return this year. But I also feel like they will include a few cars from previous GT titles that are unexpected *but well recieved.

Atleast 3 tracks with 2 being original circuits.

Atleast 3 more Sardegna/Le Mans paying events.

Still no events for Gr.2 unless they include one of the 2 listed cars and create a special menu book around them.

A gr.3 variant of the C8 instead of the real C8R.
Why the real one would fit right at home in the gr3 class.

I expect to leave soon, after 25 years... because Sony keeps pushing GT players out and I'm done giving them and PD the benefit of the doubt!

I guess it will just be too little too late whenever someone there wakes up, whatever they do after people leave in masses when the next Forza comes out in a few months.

(For the record: I've never liked Microsoft, XBox or Forza before)

Hi,
I expect I would be able to play this game, because I only play Online content, lobbies first !
And because of the lag, the game is unplayable !
So, I just expect I could play a game I bought 8 months ago !

• Custom Championship modes
  • All cars available as rental cars in Arcade Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial, Custom Race/Championship and 2-Player Battle
  • IMSA partnership will materialize (More IMSA tracks will be added, alongside their race cars, and sanctioned championships in Sport mode)
  • More familiar Gran Turismo fan favorite cars and original tracks
  • Cars that follow the datamine and new ones that aren't there
  • At least one new VGT
  • More SUV's and pick-up trucks will be added, as per Kaz's comments
  • Newer SuperGT GT500 and Super Formula cars
  • Highly-requested manufacturers (Koenigsegg, Lotus, Opel) being featured in updates
  • Larger variety of livery variations to new and existing race cars
  • New manufacturers for GT World Series Manufacturers' Cup (such as Bugatti and Lotus)
  • GT Sophy being implemented
  • PSVR2 support
  • Polyphony actually adds new Music Rally events
  • Extra championships will be added
  • The usual extra menu books and race events

Last edited:
I have a small list:

• as it is a racing game, new cars (for sure we will see some cars) and I am
looking forward to some
new actual Gr. 3 amd Gr. 4 cars
• so we need tracks, where we can drive the cars, so I expect four new tracks (including new versions if existing ones) over the year. Two original and two world circuits. Hopefully we get a new one from Europe or Asia after Glen and Road.
• new races in World Ciruits and hopefully and money farm race on the Nordschleife
• I hope for some new mission races as there was an announcement that there will be new ones. After release there only was one update with a new challenge.
• we receive the opportunity for new photos in new Scapes Location
•there is much to do in Lobby settings and so much more possibilities.
•higher money payout

My expectations are simply: Nothing. Not high nor low, just non-existent because I'm nowhere near as emotionally invested as everyone else is (Mostly due to you know, it not being in my hands and all)

Would be cool for some huge changes and massive additions, but at this point its more worthwhile to expect nothing then to massively hope for something just because you really want it, you've made some vague connection purely on something either inconsequential or, in classic fashion, saw a GT banner on the windshield.

That said, I do expect to as usual keep busy with the Undocumented Changes Threads since its the ONLY connection I'll have with the game for the time being and hope that people grasp posting stuff that isn't bugs, engine swaps or the stuff I literally keep saying to post in the listed thread buttons.

Last edited:
Endurance races. With saves on pitstops. In circuits so repeatable. Qualifying and proper racing.

Qualifying in create race. Fix boost, fix the ludicrous tyre choices the A not I make when it rains and add saving in the pitstop.

B-spec for teammate like in GT4.

Copy GT-Mode from GT3 or GT4.

I feel like it could be anyone's guess as to what could come this year, which is both exciting and somewhat frustrating. But I'd like to see more tuned cars, whether they were former prize winners at SEMA or not. I'd especially like to see some of the creations from TRD, Nismo, Mugen, Spoon, Amuse, and RE-Amemiya. Not to mention other tuner brands that've been in GT games before, like Tommy Kaira and HPA.

My long-shot dream would be to see the return of the Callaway C12, the debuts of the Callaway C16 Coupe and C7R racecar, and Lime Rock Park.

EDIT: I definitely want more wheel designs/brands, too, especially with that HRE decal still being in the livery editor.

Last edited:
They'll carry on making small improvements and adding the odd track and missing car but never getting close to fixing what many have posted about here since launch.

I've been reading opinions of more casual players and they're really happy with the game despite the proven huge grind and lack of new cars and even older ones missing from previous titles, missing events. If you hop in and out on your PS5, it's a nice visual game, you'll get enough credits to sample what you want. If you were hugely into GT4/5 and stuck out GT Sport for online, chancres are it will be a huge disappointment.

What is surprising is just how popular the newer car models are in the real world and PD/Sony can't or don't want to capitalize on it. I think a casual player would expect a decent amount of cars from the last 5 years or so yet there's barely any and PD keep wasting a colossal amount of time on GT vision cars.

Remember when Ferrari California came out in the real world and GT5P no less? I don't expect every car but a decent amount in a timely fashion within a year or two. That would create much more excitement and keep players engaged. I expect to see Ferrari Roma in the game by now. Where's the LFA for christ sake, Lotus?

• More of the same. Maybe one of the 3 tracks coming this year will be a returning classic
  • An update on Sophy
  • Some minor changes to the lobbies
  • Some new chase the rabbit missions
  • Return of a couple chili pepper races
  • Some logo updates
I'll be surprised if something worth getting excited about comes, sad to say.

Last edited:
Another year of them not taking full advantage of the content they have.

So more or less the same boring chase the rabbit single player races and a stagnant and frustrating sport mode, with some new cars and tracks sprinkled in.

Also more scape locations that only 1% of the players actually care about. That’s just a giant waste of time and resources imho, especially when the actual gameplay kind of sucks.

Last edited:
Challenger Deep?
Pretty much haha.

On a more serious note, I expect more of the same, we'll get a few new cars and events each month, Sophy missions will arrive at some point likely during 2023 rather than after.

We may be fortunate enough to get a more fleshed out career mode update, but I'm not hopeful of that and even if we do, it's too late now really. I've switched from GT7, it's no longer a game I feel like playing on a regular basis and that's unlikely to change as newer games release even if we do get that mythical Spec 2 update some beleive is going to happen.

More race events, to actually utilize the 400+ cars and the dynamic time/weather. Unique ones too, instead of endless variants of the Sunday/Clubman/Drivetrain events (really weird decision to go along with this as the initial career run, btw).

That's it. I don't care about payouts or anything else. I just want something that resembles the sheer variety of GT3 and GT4's career modes. That's all.

Aaaaaaand more Daiki Kasho songs. lol. He's clearly working on something on his PC in Gallo's shot with him.

I expect the Forza 8 and GT7 comparisons to produce epic flame wars. Before the obvious warnings, bans and deletion of posts, of course.
I didn't know what emoji to use because this is both sad and funny... and probably way too true!

I expect the Forza 8 and GT7 comparisons to produce epic flame wars. Before the obvious warnings, bans and deletion of posts, of course.
Just what we need: an even more toxic sequel of the GT vs Forza wars.

I didn't know what emoji to use because this is both sad and funny... and probably way too true!

Just what we need: an even more toxic sequel of the GT vs Forza wars.
Hey, maybe the haters in both camps, have grown up a bit, in the years between such fresh comparisons. I think GT Sport and Project Cars 2 were the only similar games that released within months of each other. GT7 will be a year old by the time FM arrives, but GT7 will still be getting added content.

We’ll see.

Back