Expections for GT7 in 2023?

• Thread starter alex511
  • 112 comments
Hey, maybe the haters in both camps, have grown up a bit, in the years between such fresh comparisons. I think GT Sport and Project Cars 2 were the only similar games that released within months of each other. GT7 will be a year old by the time FM arrives, but GT7 will still be getting added content.

We’ll see.
FM7 and GT Sport were also only a few weeks away from each other. Though I think that despite the year+ difference, FM8 being next-gen only and GT7 being cross-gen will start a few comparisons. Even during Forza's announcement they already took a couple shots at PD by remaking that their dynamic ToD and weather is for all tracks and that RT is on during gameplay.

FM7 and GT Sport were also only a few weeks away from each other. Though I think that despite the year+ difference, FM8 being next-gen only and GT7 being cross-gen will start a few comparisons. Even during Forza's announcement they already took a couple shots at PD by remaking that their dynamic ToD and weather is for all tracks and that RT is on during gameplay.
Shows you my memory. I forgot I bought FM7. :lol:

Did a quick search of my feed and found a post I made in 2019. Hadn’t played the game for a year before that.

It’s all I got. There’s really nothing I expect for this game in 2023.

Forza 7 environmnets are really bad aged. And the car sounds. It’s really time for a new Motorsport entry.

Last edited:
FM was an overall a disappointment during the Xbox One era, I’m definitely not getting my hopes up.

Gordon Murray's T.50 (F1 updated, essentially) with the Jan update for sure. PD's got their problems, but they're on the ball when it comes to new car releases! 🤡 🤡 🤡

Seriously though, uh, even more people checking out of the game, many for good. For those that stick around, Tokyo/Sathe/Sardegna. Though I do think that if they're going to do a "Spec II" it'll be in 2023 as they won't have anyone left to play it if they wait any longer.

Last edited:
I'll be honest... I have a feeling that PD will make a lot of improvements... But it's going to be across the whole year. So it's going to take a while.
Usually it's by the 2nd year of the game that things to start to take shape, ever since the HD era with GT5.

Surely in the next 12 months we're going to have actual true Endurance races and some championships from different car types for the single player campaign... aren't we!?

More race events, to actually utilize the 400+ cars and the dynamic time/weather. Unique ones too, instead of endless variants of the Sunday/Clubman/Drivetrain events (really weird decision to go along with this as the initial career run, btw).

That's it. I don't care about payouts or anything else. I just want something that resembles the sheer variety of GT3 and GT4's career modes. That's all.
Since launch, after watching the epic 8-minute intro movie, I've wanted every race shown in that intro to be a curated event available at some point in the career mode. Obviously we can just make them as custom races, but those just don't feel the same.

Hey, maybe the haters in both camps, have grown up a bit, in the years between such fresh comparisons.
After browsing through GT/Forza Twitter, I can confirm that's not true. :lol:
I can't believe people are still calling each other Xbots and Sony Ponies in 2023.

My personal hope is that they wait for the C8 GT3 but knowing PD and their love for obsolete cars they will definitely add the GTE version and then ignore the new one until GT8 comes out.
No objection here I just haven't seen the new gt3 version enough for me to pick it over the gte version.

My expectations are 3 new circuits, Apricot Hill, Grand Valley and Maybe Sebring + versions of track circuits already included in the game...

Inclusion of 3 Vehicles per month, 36 by the end of the year, including classics, Toyota Minolta 88C, Toyota GT ONE, Nissan R390 GT1, Jaguar XJ220 and Lister Storm...

Addition of Endurance and other events for the single player mode, more menus in the cafe and other small things...

I think nothing much for the year... I hope at least that, maybe on the 1 year anniversary of the launch of Forza 8, something big will appear...

Now we only have to wait 359 days to see what will arrive.

January:
  • Nurburgring Endurance and Spring layouts
  • Cars, events, scapes.

February:
- PSVR2 update, nothing else hugely notable.

March:
  • Sebring added to the game.
  • Introduction of endurance events with the 12 Hours of Sebring event.
  • Corvette C8.R, Ferrari 488 GTE, some older cars.

April - May:
- Nothing much, average car and event updates. Maybe a new layout for an existing track.

June:
  • Pikes Peak added to the game.
  • Introduction of point to point events.
  • 2021 Tesla Model 3 Pikes Peak

July - September:
  • GT League added to the game.
  • Some new track layout.
  • Sophy added to the game.
  • New set of Challenges and Music Rally.
  • Various cars, scapes, etc.

November - December:
  • Grand Valley Speedway added to the game.
  • More weather options added to various tracks that lack them.

This is about what I'm expecting, alongside the usual addition of scapes, a couple events, and cars per update.

Even during Forza's announcement they already took a couple shots at PD by remaking that their dynamic ToD and weather is for all tracks and that RT is on during gameplay.
This is the sort of **** people mean. Stating that your game has RT in gameplay and dynamic ToD and weather for all tracks isn't "taking shots", it's basic marketing. Those are useful and relevant features.

It only feels like taking shots if you have a personal attachment to a product without those features. I'd like to say I hope that Polyphony gets ToD and weather on all tracks in 2023, but that seems overly optimistic.

This is the sort of **** people mean. Stating that your game has RT in gameplay and dynamic ToD and weather for all tracks isn't "taking shots", it's basic marketing. Those are useful and relevant features.

It only feels like taking shots if you have a personal attachment to a product without those features. I'd like to say I hope that Polyphony gets ToD and weather on all tracks in 2023, but that seems overly optimistic.
Do you think marketing exists in a vacuum? I'm not saying they're wrong for mentioning it, if I had to market a product and had two key features where I'm ahead of the competition you can bet I'm gonna mention and emphasize it. It just was definitely aimed at their main competitor that had just launched at that point.

I have to agree with @Artremis here. Now I don't know for sure IF T10 actually took shots at PD or it's just a coincidence that they stated those features but it does feel like they're taking shots when I watched the reveal.

Do you think marketing exists in a vacuum? I'm not saying they're wrong for mentioning it, if I had to market a product and had two key features where I'm ahead of the competition you can bet I'm gonna mention and emphasize it. It just was definitely aimed at their main competitor that had just launched at that point.

I have to agree with @Artremis here. Now I don't know for sure IF T10 actually took shots at PD or it's just a coincidence that they stated those features but it does feel like they're taking shots when I watched the reveal.
How on earth does advertising two features that have been advertised in multiple other games "Taking shots" at GT7? You guys seem to be reading waaay too much into this. Yes they are marketing (Why the hell else would you even advertise said features during said presentation for any reason other then to better "Market" it), but to suggest that this is "Taking shots" seems less like fact and appears as if you both want more of this "GT Vs Forza" drama (something that already was annoying to begin with). Considering Forza 7 had neither of these, at least last I checked, this seems more like they are advertising something that effectively most of not all Sim Racing titles have nowadays as standard (Something I've pretty sure fans have also wanted alot as well)

Last edited:
I think advertising basic features of your game exists in a vacuum, yes. I think that if GT7 didn't exist, they would have said the exact same thing. If GT7 had full ToD/weather on all track and in-game raytracing, they would have said the exact same thing. This is basic information about the game that needed to be communicated clearly to potential customers.

Because the previous game, FM7, did not have full ToD and weather. FM7 also didn't have raytracing. That their new game does have these things is worth mentioning purely based on progress from their last game. They would be colossal fools not to, those are probably two of the biggest upgrades from FM7, at least in terms of ones that will appeal to all users. It's insane to be reading this as a targeted attack ad on GT7 when you can just look at FM7 - they're marketing a product that has two key features over it's own previous version.

It's not Forza's fault that Gran Turismo had pretty good ToD and weather all the way back in 2010 (frame rate issues notwithstanding), and failed to capitalise on their lead. Forza has been really, really slow getting to this point, and it's been something that Forza players have been griping about for a long time. They've been behind pretty much every other sim racing game, and yet somehow they're now taking shots at GT7 by finally having these features and daring to talk about them. Huh.

You gonna say it's shots on GT7 when they announce their track list and car list too? What if they have more? I bet they're gonna have some tracks and cars that GT7 doesn't. Is mentioning them a shot at GT7? Is everything that is different or better going to be a shot at GT7? Because you might as well just stake your flag now if so.
It feels like that because it's so bat **** crazy that Polyphony chose not to universally roll out ToD/weather, and doesn't seem to be making much effort to update the tracks that aren't fully featured. Any racing game talking about ToD or weather seems like a shot against Polyphony now, because they're the ones standing out from the crowd. And not in a good way.

What if they start talking about microtransactions? What if they don't have microtransactions at all? Is that going to be useful information that consumers are interested in, or is that also going to be shots at GT7?

Just because one dev does something poorly, doesn't mean that anyone talking about doing the same thing in a better way is automatically punching down. Sometimes you can just talk about your game, and it's impolite to assume malice where there's no evidence for it.

How on earth does advertising two features that have been advertised in multiple other games "Taking shots" at GT7? You guys seem to be reading waaay too much into this. Yes they are marketing (Why the hell else would you even advertise said features during said presentation for any reason other then to better "Market" it), but to suggest that this is "Taking shots" seems less like fact and appears as if you both want more of this "GT Vs Forza" drama (something that already was annoying to begin with). Considering Forza 7 had neither of these, at least last I checked, this seems more like they are advertising something that effectively most of not all Sim Racing titles have nowadays as standard (Something I've pretty sure fans have also wanted alot as well)
Calm down. I couldn't really care less about the GT vs Forza drama (I don't even care about both series as of now) . I'm just saying it looked like that but then again I said I don't know for sure.
I think advertising basic features of your game exists in a vacuum, yes. I think that if GT7 didn't exist, they would have said the exact same thing. If GT7 had full ToD/weather on all track and in-game raytracing, they would have said the exact same thing. This is basic information about the game that needed to be communicated clearly to potential customers.

Because the previous game, FM7, did not have full ToD and weather. FM7 also didn't have raytracing. That their new game does have these things is worth mentioning purely based on progress from their last game. They would be colossal fools not to, those are probably two of the biggest upgrades from FM7, at least in terms of ones that will appeal to all users. It's insane to be reading this as a targeted attack ad on GT7 when you can just look at FM7 - they're marketing a product that has two key features over it's own previous version.

It's not Forza's fault that Gran Turismo had pretty good ToD and weather all the way back in 2010 (frame rate issues notwithstanding), and failed to capitalise on their lead. Forza has been really, really slow getting to this point, and it's been something that Forza players have been griping about for a long time. They've been behind pretty much every other sim racing game, and yet somehow they're now taking shots at GT7 by finally having these features and daring to talk about them. Huh.

You gonna say it's shots on GT7 when they announce their track list and car list too? What if they have more? I bet they're gonna have some tracks and cars that GT7 doesn't. Is mentioning them a shot at GT7? Is everything that is different or better going to be a shot at GT7? Because you might as well just stake your flag now if so.

It feels like that because it's so bat **** crazy that Polyphony chose not to universally roll out ToD/weather, and doesn't seem to be making much effort to update the tracks that aren't fully featured. Any racing game talking about ToD or weather seems like a shot against Polyphony now, because they're the ones standing out from the crowd. And not in a good way.

What if they start talking about microtransactions? What if they don't have microtransactions at all? Is that going to be useful information that consumers are interested in, or is that also going to be shots at GT7?

Just because one dev does something poorly, doesn't mean that anyone talking about doing the same thing in a better way is automatically punching down. Sometimes you can just talk about your game, and it's impolite to assume malice where there's no evidence for it.
Okay I guess you have a point.

Let me just get this out though, don't mistake my post earlier as blindly defending GT7 to death or whatever.

Last edited:
They only see those features being advertised front and center as shots taken by T10 because they recognize and are bothered by the lack of them in GT7.

Last edited:
Now that PSVR2 support has been confirmed, we now can understand that PD, since and maybe even before GT7, has been partially busy sorting the support for VR this past year.

I hope that some of you can now appreciate the fact that PD still was able to deliver rather consistently with the monthly updates...

We should now understand they could not deliver more than we expected.

Going forward I hope this year, they can provide more free cars and all the legacy tracks and locations...

I still am hoping for every single car and track that ever appeared in GT history to make a come back.

Little by little, I hope that dream comes...
Even if the real Seattle skyline has changed, with all the fictive locations and track, I don't see why it would be wrong to get the original Seattle track and circuit....

Love that city course...

Last edited:
Now that PSVR2 support has been confirmed, we now can understand that PD, since and maybe even before GT7, has been partially busy sorting the support for VR this past year.

I hope that some of you can now appreciate the fact that PD still was able to deliver rather consistently with the monthly updates...

We should now understand they could not deliver more than we expected.

Going forward I hope this year, they can provide more free cars and all the legacy tracks and locations...

I still am hoping for every single car and track that ever appeared in GT history to make a come back.

Little by little, I hope that dream comes...
Even if the real Seattle skyline has changed, with all the fictive locations and track, I don't see why it would be wrong to get the original Seattle track and circuit....

Love that city course...
I'm just hoping vr2 is fully/almost fully implemented and that there aren't glaring shortcomings/issues, which they slowly iron out over the following year or so.

I don't think it's been suggested yet, but something I'm expecting is most manufacturers having a fictional silhouette GR.2 car. Since GT focuses so much on sport mode, this seems like the natural next step. Maybe not until Autumn.

More real world Gr.2 cars: 98' 911 GT1, Nissan R390, Jaguar XJ220-C

Otherwise: VR, a lukewarm introduction to Sophy via Mission Challenge, Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley and a real world circuit. More glitches.

Latest Posts

Back