F1 2010 Video ThreadF1 2010-2016 

I just try to be consistent and if you DS to fast the tires never give you there full benefit of slow down and car set to exit the turn gracefully. There is also a DS lag in the sound, so if I machinegun the DS sequence it’s just like locking up the rears. I think I am in full touch with the way the car slips through the turns and that’s how I roll. Good luck w/ that rapid fire DS style though……lol

Luck is my first, middle, and last name. :D

We both have our styles, I can respect that....but the lag is especially profound during replays. Downshifting from 3rd to 2nd almost takes a full second for the delay to catch up.

Luck is my first, middle, and last name. :D

We both have our styles, I can respect that....but the lag is especially profound during replays. Downshifting from 3rd to 2nd almost takes a full second for the delay to catch up.

I have been watching your threads for some time but I haven't ever tried to suited up one of your setups because my style of driving is something that not many people understand, it comes from moto x, I have been refining it to fit in the car driving world and I have always been tempted to turn you on to one of my setups and see what you think. I'm sure they are at a level that they would be very different for you, but if your game I think I could live with someone having one of my secret recipes in order to get your feed back.

I have been watching your threads for some time but I haven't ever tried to suited up one of your setups because my style of driving is something that not many people understand, it comes from moto x, I have been refining it to fit in the car driving world and I have always been tempted to turn you on to one of my setups and see what you think. I'm sure they are at a level that they would be very different for you but if your game I think I could live with someone having one of my secret recipes in order to get your feed back.

Well, considering I understand vehicle dynamics fairly well (gaining a more proficient understanding as the minutes and days succeed one another) I can only say: "Shoot." :D

Someone already does ^_-

I think he's asking for a job Terronium lol

*Puts on monocle* Interesting concept, indeed. Is that what you're asking, my dear boy?"

*Takes off monocle*

:lol:

Well, considering I understand vehicle dynamics fairly well (gaining a more proficient understanding as the minutes and days succeed one another) I can only say: "Shoot."

I’m working on my Korean GP setup right now and I finally got some balance in the car that allows me to fly the corners, I’m about 3 sec’s off the WR time. I usually am only comfortable with a setup when I can blast lap after lap and it turns into a printing press. So thanks for the consideration and when I’m rock solid and comfortable with the balance I shoot it over for your shake down.

Ps: have you ever heard of Dr. DeCarbon??

I’m working on my Korean GP setup right now and I finally got some balance in the car that allows me to fly the corners, I’m about 3 sec’s off the WR time. I usually am only comfortable with a setup when I can blast lap after lap and it turns into a printing press. So thanks for the consideration and when I’m rock solid and comfortable with the balance I shoot it over for your shake down.

Ps: have you ever heard of Dr. DeCarbon??

Don't know how I missed this, but I'm also working on a Yeongam setup (amongst several others), but am currently hooked on Sao Paulo. In any case, no, I've never heard of Dr. DeCarbon - enlighten me.

Also, need to bring some life back into this thread. I'll upload a few videos throughout the week.

Don't know how I missed this, In any case, no, I've never heard of Dr. DeCarbon - enlighten me.

Back in the 70’s off road suspension took a turn the likes of which off road racing of every kind would be improved by the work that was being done in the world of Moto-x. Dr Decarbon has been credited w/ perfecting the gas shock absorber. Here is an Ohlins add that still attributes the secret to their performance is the De Carbon type of shock after 30 years of being used in every kind of racing from F1 to bycycles and Monster trucks.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Here's a my first attempt at a video capture on my BMD Intensity Shuttle.
It took an age to get it working.

Nice vid T12. What format do you upload in and roughly how large are the files?
The original of the following is an avi. file weighing in at 1.15gb. I thought this seemed very big so converted to MP4. The downside is my converters max. size is 480p.

Can you recommend a good freeware converter that will convert 720p avi to a suitable format for HD Youtube vids, or is the avi the best way to go for single lap vids?

Anyway enjoy my video.

Now in HD. Virtualdub=Awesome

Last edited:
The original raw recording was some 7 or 8 gigs but that's mostly down to Fraps being unable to compress efficiently while it's recording...I use Cyberlink Powerdirector...I'm pretty sure there's a free trial of it somewhere. As for a freeeware editor, I'm not certain on any as I honestly just got into the whole video recording/editing thing myself.

On the topic of codecs and video formats, the best way to go is MPEG-2. Fantastic quality at any HD resolution without having to worry about the more storage/quality-intensive formats.

Either you drive with aids or your Red Bull has 10,000 times more grip than my career Sauber :P

Either you drive with aids or your Red Bull has 10,000 times more grip than my career Sauber :P

I only ever use ABS. I have noticed the RB6 is a hell of a lot easier to drive on edge than any of the other chassis' in the game. The McLaren is twitchy as is the Ferrari but they have superior top end speed; the RB6 just has better grip through the corners...especially at Monaco.

You know what this means, right? The performance of the cars aren't as similar as I (we?) thought; there are subtle differences just as there is now and last season. It's taken me this long to discover that.

The Red Bull and McLaren are in a world of their own. The Ferrari is just barely slower than both.

I actually found that the Red Bull, though better handling, lacked traction, so my fastest ever lap at Monaco, is still in the McLaren. No matter what, i've never been able to beat my time in the Red Bull.

The Red Bull and McLaren are in a world of their own. The Ferrari is just barely slower than both.

I actually found that the Red Bull, though better handling, lacked traction, so my fastest ever lap at Monaco, is still in the McLaren. No matter what, i've never been able to beat my time in the Red Bull.

McLaren is the fastest car in this game but probably only by a tenth or two of a second. Strange how they had that as fastest.:odd:
Is there any tracks online where the top TT time is a Red Bull? Surely Catalunya or Suzuka.

McLaren is the fastest car in this game but probably only by a tenth or two of a second. Strange how they had that as fastest.:odd:
Is there any tracks online where the top TT time is a Red Bull? Surely Catalunya or Suzuka.

The F10 was there for a while at Suzuka, and I was somewhere in the top 70 - of course you didn't ask that so I'm gloating. :lol: I believe it's either the MP4-24 or RB6 that occupies that spot now.

I also held the No. 3 spot at Monza (wet) for a while. Yes, more gloating. :P

I love all those camera angles - I assume that came with the 2011 mod?

Yes, indeedy.

[YOUTUBEHD]YfiI1LxJNKk[/YOUTUBEHD]

Overshot the hairpin and lost at least a few hundredths or thousandths of a second. Ended up clocking in at 1:15.209 instead of the 1:14.xxx I was aiming for in one lap. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Back