F1 2010F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 2,099 comments
So I'm a bit behind (been moving house and what not). But I'm finally up to Hungry in F1 2010 doing 100% races. I finally got a DFGT the other day and completed the Germany race with it yesterday. I have to say, while I don't think I was 'faster' compared to the controller, I was a lot more consistent, and long radius turns became much easier.

I still think it's a relatively fun game and good if I have a couple of hours to waste and can't be bothered playing Black-Ops. The thing I like, especially in lower cars like the Lotus, is that the game awards extreme consistency. I'm playing on Expert Difficulty and can generally finish in the lower points tiers (6th-13th) depending on the race. But to catch people late in the race I have to do maybe 10-20 laps taking .2-.3 a second off, it's really rewarding when it works for you. Which I why I also think that you really need to play it on 100% length to get the full experience of the game.

Now I'm having fun dealing with that insane turn 4 at Hungry...

Brake to get the nose turned in, then floor the throttle.

All the advice you can get, to be honest with Turn 4. Good fun when you get it right.

The low speed handling of this game is very strange-it's not very stable at all, especially the hairpin at Suzuka and the final chicane at Spa.

I put my virgin racing car on pole last night in career mode at Montreal. Was a full second clear of 2nd place Mark Webber. I actually thought have my settings changed so I checked them and it was all the same. Legendary AI, no assists (DL), fuel and tire sim on.

Was strange, before that my highest qually was about 12th. The AI must be really bad in Montreal.

Just did Australia in a Lotus. Qualified 20th, finished 13th. Though the team were disappointed, possibly because I finished 7th in the previous race.

Guys is it possible to jump for 20 to 24th level in 3 races ?
I want that McLaren contract.:sly:

Best way I've found to get a contract with one of the top 3 teams is to select one of their drivers as your rival and beat him. For example as I was completing my 1st season and leading the WDC with Lotus, Red Bull offered me Webber's seat as I "rival'd" him since he was in 2nd place at the time. With this method I got 2nd seat at Red Bull for my 2nd season even though my driver ranking was no where near the "req'd" level (I was somewhere around 21 I think).

Best way I've found to get a contract with one of the top 3 teams is to select one of their drivers as your rival and beat him. For example as I was completing my 1st season and leading the WDC with Lotus, Red Bull offered me Webber's seat as I "rival'd" him since he was in 2nd place at the time. With this method I got 2nd seat at Red Bull for my 2nd season even though my driver ranking was no where near the "req'd" level (I was somewhere around 21 I think).

Yea i know i beat Webber won the WDC and Red Bull Offered me a contract but I don't really want it.I really want to get in McLaren but i had to retire in Korea so I have only 2 races left and i'm only on 21st :nervous:
Well I guess i'll have to go for that Ferrari contract.
:indiff:

Just got this game today.I played around with it a bit and it appears that it may be a fun one to play.Looking forward to hooking up with some of you guys once I get a little bit of wheel time in.

Right, so back at my Lotus save (having had the oomph to get going again with the new season) and am at Monaco. Well, I've used the True Force Tuning Monaco set up and I'm just about breaking in to the 18s on softs, which should hopefully see me achieve both targets (15th qualy, 12th race).

It's a great setup, quite comfortable with the lap (in fact I've never felt more comfortable than with this setup) now, but still being cautious in first turn (I just think you can lose more time than you could gain) and Mirabeau, where if you miss the braking point it's curtains for your lap, either by going in to the barrier or spinning under trail braking.

I think I'm actually enjoying Monaco for the first time in the game! Though the penalties for blocking when you spin are infuriating, I tend to just return to garage asap as there's not many places where you can just spin it back around, which I find really annoying, unless I'm missing some technique (which may be worth playing with).

I put my virgin racing car on pole last night in career mode at Montreal. Was a full second clear of 2nd place Mark Webber. I actually thought have my settings changed so I checked them and it was all the same. Legendary AI, no assists (DL), fuel and tire sim on.

Was strange, before that my highest qually was about 12th. The AI must be really bad in Montreal.

It really is, I made it to pole with 4.5 seconds in front of Vettel on Professional (I think, it's one setting lower than Legendary) in my Virgin as well. Then again, it continued in the race and I lapped 15 cars. :odd:

Oh and just a quick question: how do you "pick" a rival?

Edit: ah, I got asked during the interview after Hungary. All clear now.

Last edited:
Just played again and good god this game is effin' gorgeous (PC version), went around Albert Park and I kept invalidating laps because I constantly overshot the corners. Out of 8 or so laps I only had one (ONE!) clean lap. :grumpy:

Yes, I'm rusty, so what....you wanna fight about it? :lol:

And the fact that my DFGT is essentially dead (the entire front panel is kaput) and I'm forced to use the sequential lever to shift doesn't make me a happy camper.

Just went around again and now I can't shift properly. :lol:

For some reason, I don't remember why, I swapped the mapping for up/downshift for the sequential lever and I keep upshifting when I want to downshift, and downshifting when I want to upshift.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just played again and good god this game is effin' gorgeous (PC version), went around Albert Park and I kept invalidating laps because I constantly overshot the corners. Out of 8 or so laps I only had one (ONE!) clean lap. :grumpy:

Yes, I'm rusty, so what....you wanna fight about it? :lol:

And the fact that my DFGT is essentially dead (the entire front panel is kaput) and I'm forced to use the sequential lever to shift doesn't make me a happy camper.

Yeah it looks great, booted it up recently and thought the same.

Have you downloaded any graphic or other type of mods recently, do you know if there's any good ones that are more recent? I got tired checking all the many mods last year and haven't looked since.

Hey guys. Kinda new to GTP forums and didn't know there was n f1 2010 sub forum. I just put this game back in today as the 2011 season is underway. I must say its sooo diff than gt5. I love "cote d'azure" or however it's spelt in this game more than gt5. Hmmm. Ne ways I'll be cheking in here from now on n see who would like to race time to time. Add me on PSN: RizlaTML with a nite saying f1 so I know. Looking forward to some races.

:lol: I keep looking at the back of my Lotus down the straight and keep expecting the back wing to open.:lol: New F1

Installed the game back again onto my PC, downloaded the latest driver for my DFP, put the FFB to its strongest settings, downloaded and installed a graphic mod which makes the game look absolutely fantastic.

Joined Sauber and I finished 3rd at Bahrain and 3rd in Melbourne. Yeah, AI is on legendary so I guess the only thing left to slow me down is my only sim off right now: the tyre sim :lol:

The game is still ridiculously easy, but it's so much fun when you haven't played it for a long time and a new F1 season has started!

I'm getting a little burnt out on GT5 and goin throw F1 in the ol' ps3 later. I do remember having some awesome battles with ai on hardest difficulty and the weather/evolving track always had you thinkin about race strategy.

Yea I gotta say, I did my first 3 seasons gradually working my way up to legend AI and now that I'm there it's so much more fun and invigorating

I actually just went back and started a new fresh career so I could start on the highest AI and see where I actually place throughout the seasons

Loving the challenge now :) I can usually stay in the top of the field, but Qualy just takes the energy right out of me trying to get a clean lap

Somehow still first in the drivers championship about 5 races in, we'll see where it goes haha

Done 5 races of my first Sauber year and sitting 4th in the drivers championship. I turned on tyre wear because it was just too easy and it was a lot of fun. In the start I had to fight to get my position back over the Lotus', but once my tyres warmed up I got some solid laps in and in the end I finished 13th behind Sutil. The option tyres went right at the end so the last 2 laps I had nearly no grip, but I had enough distance to Hulkenberg.

No points, but it was so much more rewarding. I turned the tyre wear back off for Spain because how fast the AI there is, but for Monaco it's going back on 👍

anyone been caught up in the rain with primes?

lol...started raining on about lap 5/14 in Hungary...thought I could ride it out until the end but by lap 12 the entire track was soaking wet

My +50 second lead on Rosberg closed very quickly as I slid around the track like a wet seal...god it was funny. Wish I could have saved the replay! damn PS3

epic win though, I pulled in first with about 2 seconds to spare as Rosberg and Vettel flew past me :)

Finished 2nd at Monza after losing it in the very last corner while being 1st :ouch:

I'm having some very strong performances since the latest updates to the Sauber car. I scored a poleposition at Hockenheim but a bad strategy saw me finishing 8th. At Spa I qualified 3rd but a penalty put me down to 8th. After my pitstop I came out in 2nd and gave it everything I had. Eventually I finished 2.6 seconds behind Vettel. At Monza I took pole by about 0.441 seconds, led the entire race with a 3 second gap over Hamilton in 2nd but then I lost the rear in the very last corner and spun out. Luckily I had a 7 second gap over Webber, and I finished 2nd.

I've been looking at Force India for the 2011 season. Williams have shown interest but my driver rep level isn't high enough yet. I might move to Force India and then set my goals on a drive at Mercedes 👍

The only good races are those with tyre wear on. Fuel consumption too, but tyre wear more than anything. When it's off the grip levels are just so ridiculous and unreal, and overtaking is so much harder.

The only good races are those with tyre wear on. Fuel consumption too, but tyre wear more than anything. When it's off the grip levels are just so ridiculous and unreal, and overtaking is so much harder.

I agree - I usually sort through the Custom GP's to find the most realistic setups for races

I disagree wholeheartedly. Having tire wear and fuel *off* is where it's at! Yeah the cars are more grippy but guess what? They're MUCH more fun to drive! If you look at the game as more of an arcade racer, then you will begin to appreciate the not-so realistic handling of the tire wear/fuel off settings.

Why do you think more people play the sprint races online than the custom gp? Because they're simply more fun and of course, go by much quicker. If you want long races with ultra realistic handling, play iRacing. Some of the FASTEST aliens in F1 2010 are playing with AIDS and a freakin gamepad! This is not a sim, guys.

I want my semi-arcade fix in these open wheeled pocket rockets :dopey:

I disagree wholeheartedly. Having tire wear and fuel *off* is where it's at! Yeah the cars are more grippy but guess what? They're MUCH more fun to drive! If you look at the game as more of an arcade racer, then you will begin to appreciate the not-so realistic handling of the tire wear/fuel off settings.

Why do you think more people play the sprint races online than the custom gp? Because they're simply more fun and of course, go by much quicker. If you want long races with ultra realistic handling, play iRacing. Some of the FASTEST aliens in F1 2010 are playing with AIDS and a freakin gamepad! This is not a sim, guys.

I want my semi-arcade fix in these open wheeled pocket rockets :dopey:

I somewhat agree with you - The sprint races are quite fun and quick so it's nice to have that option. But sometimes you want a level playing field so you know everyone is using the same aids and is forced to drive their heart out :)

Back