F1 '23 - General Discussion

Made it to Elite in Ranked Multiplayer :)

1689594658868.png

This game makes the fans in my PC spin faster than any other game I play, even when paused in career mode. That includes games like Warzone 2 and Cyberpunk, two very demanding games.

How is this a thing?

Last edited:
I started the game today and I already need your help folks: How do I get rid of the racing line? I can only find a setting for "Dynamic racing line" and I already turned this off. But the light blue racing line is still here, even in replays. I'm on PS5 if that matters.

I started the game today and I already need your help folks: How do I get rid of the racing line? I can only find a setting for "Dynamic racing line" and I already turned this off. But the light blue racing line is still here, even in replays. I'm on PS5 if that matters.
The blue/yellow lines are your Time Trial best/target laps.

Turn them off in Time Trial options.

@PJTierney Found it, it's called "Personal Telemetry". Thx bro!

BTW: I like the game so far. F2 feels better on controller than SF in GT7. I was ~1 Sek. faster here on Red Bull Ring although SF should be faster in theory.

Was this fixed at any point? My wheel settings were also gone, and some of them I can't remember. Grrrrr!
No I had to adjust them all again. Luckily I had most of them memorized so it wasn't too bad, just annoying. This has happened to me in previous F1 games too, but it's a rare. **** happens.

No I had to adjust them all again. Luckily I had most of them memorized so it wasn't too bad, just annoying. This has happened to me in previous F1 games too, but it's a rare. **** happens.
Just remembered that I had taken pictures of the settings in F1 22 to carry them over to F1 23. So problem solved.

60% off on Steam currently, is it worth the investment? Not played a F1 game for donkeys years so not sure what to expect

I just bought this for $20 on the PlayStation store yesterday. Is there a reason as to why there’s not much discussion going on? It’s been out for about six months hasn’t it?

Actually, just noticed there really isn’t much F1 series game discussion at all.

Last edited:
I just bought this for $20 on the PlayStation store yesterday. Is there a reason as to why there’s not much discussion going on? It’s been out for about six months hasn’t it?

Actually, just noticed there really isn’t much F1 series game discussion at all.
The only reason I came back to this thread was because I got an alert based on your post.

The weird thing is that the game is fantastic but it's so easy to get caught up in other games.

I've been obsessed with PSVR2 and GT7. I wouldn't play GT7 if it wasn't for the PS VR2.

I kept telling myself I'm going to go back and play f123 because I was in career mode and loving it but I got distracted. Even when I was playing it and coming here there wasn't a lot of discussion.

Heck, f123 doesn't even have its own thread, which I've always found strange.

It's a great game anyway.

Last edited:
I recently got back into it. Currently in my second season with Williams.

I stay away from multiplayer though.
I stay away from multiplayer in almost every racing game for 2 reasons:

1. Jerks who only want to ruin other people's races make me rage and my life is too good to let something like that affect me

2. Specifically in f123, I'm not skilled enough to compete. I'm an extremely clean racer but I fear I would make a mistake that would affect somebody else's race and I do not want to be that guy.

I stay away from multiplayer in almost every racing game for 2 reasons:

1. Jerks who only want to ruin other people's races make me rage and my life is too good to let something like that affect me

2. Specifically in f123, I'm not skilled enough to compete. I'm an extremely clean racer but I fear I would make a mistake that would affect somebody else's race and I do not want to be that guy.
I love racing against people but I only do it in iRacing now. It’s not perfect but at least they ban malicious drivers.

They’ll never do this in mainstream racing games now a days. They’ll just demote the player’s rank and grant them easy and meaningless wins.

Haven't posted a lot here but I still play the game and think it's great!
These days my playtime is pretty much split between this and EA WRC.

The only reason I came back to this thread was because I got an alert based on your post.

The weird thing is that the game is fantastic but it's so easy to get caught up in other games.

I've been obsessed with PSVR2 and GT7. I wouldn't play GT7 if it wasn't for the PS VR2.

I kept telling myself I'm going to go back and play f123 because I was in career mode and loving it but I got distracted. Even when I was playing it and coming here there wasn't a lot of discussion.

Heck, f123 doesn't even have its own thread, which I've always found strange.

It's a great game anyway.

Haven't posted a lot here but I still play the game and think it's great!
These days my playtime is pretty much split between this and EA WRC.
Glad to read both of your positive comments regarding the game. I have F123 and am doing the story mode before I start a career. I have read plenty of good things about it and the game reviewed very well but if I was to go solely on most of the comments on the official EA Forum I would be led to believe that this is the worst F1 game ever. This negativity occurs there (and on the previous Codemasters F1 Forum) everytime a new F1 game is released, it immediately gets panned as terrible and the worst ever. I am aware there are bugs with the game (multiplayer especially which I never touch, and some wheel users are understandably unhappy with the poor functioning of their hardware) and previous ones as well but I’ve always really enjoyed the F1 games and am baffled by what amounts to almost hatred towards the games and the developers.
Also, I don’t buy them (or other franchises) on release preferring to give it a while to receive some updates and then I make sure I’m happy with the state of the game before purchasing. This strategy has served me well.

Last edited:
Glad to read both of your positive comments regarding the game. I have F123 and am doing the story mode before I start a career. I have read plenty of good things about it and the game reviewed very well but if I was to go solely on most of the comments on the official EA Forum I would be led to believe that this is the worst F1 game ever. This negativity occurs there (and on the previous Codemasters F1 Forum) everytime a new F1 game is released, it immediately gets panned as terrible and the worst ever. I am aware there are bugs with the game (multiplayer especially which I never touch, and some wheel users are understandably unhappy with the poor functioning of their hardware) and previous ones as well but I’ve always really enjoyed the F1 games and am baffled by what amounts to almost hatred towards the games and the developers.
Also, I don’t buy them (or other franchises) on release preferring to give it a while to receive some updates and then I make sure I’m happy with the state of the game before purchasing. This strategy has served me well.
True, the answers.ea forums are particularly negative. I feel EA will have to take some of the blame for that themselves though since there are a lot of bugs in some of their games. But not really F1 23 (in my experience). Either way, F1 23 is the best F1 game I have played. It basically fixes the most annoying thing from last version - the excessive torque issue.
It's not a full sim; the handling isn't very nuanced and you feel almost no ffb from the track surface. But that's fine. There's enough there to let you know what the car is doing. AI is great and the career mode is fun. Which is the most important thing after all.

There is a group who just hate EA - with some justification - so they bring that to the forum, and those who were F1 players were never going to be happy that CM was acquired. I’ve been playing the F1 series since the 1st CM version. The CM forums were not as angry as EA and there is a core group who came from there that are helpful and worth following on ea. Add or look for constructive comments over there and ignore the noise

F1 23 is a big improvement over 22 in the handling dept and has the 2 new tracks added this year. On release it was incredibly buggy, the worst in recent memory and only now has most (but not all) the issues resolved so is pretty playable. But there are issues and bugs that have been there for a number of previous versions, and still not resolved as code has been carried over, in spite of many complaints. Worse some patches add previously fixed issues back in as new coders work on poorly managed older code.

Career and myteam modes have been unchanged for years now and have gotten a bit stale. The new F1 world has recieved mixed reviews - some like it and others not so much or worse. There’s been a ton of community suggestions for improvements that are generally ignored. Also a ton of bug reports - same. The FFB is ok but needs work. The UI has numerous minor issues that could easily be improved. The online modes are suffering

I’ve purchased every previous version on release and have gotten enjoyment out of it over the years, buts its been a bit adrift under the new regime IMO. F1 23 at a discount is still worth a look. Sorry if this seems so negative - I hope it can improve but they‘ve got a lot of work to do to get my $$ on day 1 for F1 24

They will still be pandering to last gen consoles once again with F1 24, not surprised but still disappointing. How long until this series starts making big moves?

Last edited:
Given the improvement from 22 to 23, I think they can keep the iterative nature of the yearly updates for some time yet - it's not particularly exciting but the games are pretty good and last time they did a full ground up rebuild for 2015, it took quite a while to straighten it out.

I kinda think if there is going to be a full on new game, it'll probably come alongside the next gen not this one. So we're in this position where the games are increasingly just season updates which is safe and makes good business sense, but is quite boring.

Remember when F1'97 made way for F1'98 though? It could be worse. At least we know these games are decently high quality and mostly sorted by now.

Back