Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
Dear Fanatek .
What is faster V2.5 or new csl ps4 on lap time , in very close to a world record with T300 and standart pedals set , without tacking of internet cable top 3 after 15 hours , i just wont to know i can even pay 3000£ if it will give me 0.1 of the sec . Its werry important !!! if you wont to be best in the world

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    40.6 KB · Views: 144
Would anyone know what the likeliness of this wheel working on ps5 would be?
How could anyone possibly know that as we don't really know anything bout ps5 yet..

If they do the wheel support the same way they did with ps4 then there is a good chance it might work, at least in the beginning. But they might as well do things completely different next time, we'll see..

Dear Fanatek .
What is faster V2.5 or new csl ps4 on lap time , in very close to a world record with T300 and standart pedals set , without tacking of internet cable top 3 after 15 hours , i just wont to know i can even pay 3000£ if it will give me 0.1 of the sec . Its werry important !!! if you wont to be best in the world

This is always a very personal matter but Team Redline are probably the best simracers (and real racers) in the world and they use our equipment. Two of our drivers just finished the 24h of Nürburgring in P1 and P2.

Between the CS WB V2.5 and our CSL Elite Racing Wheel there is only a bigger difference if you use our more heavy Clubsport steering wheels.

The more important step to improve lap times are our load cell pedals.

If pure speed is your goal I would save on the base and invest into pedals.

This is always a very personal matter but Team Redline are probably the best simracers (and real racers) in the world and they use our equipment. Two of our drivers just finished the 24h of Nürburgring in P1 and P2.

Between the CS WB V2.5 and our CSL Elite Racing Wheel there is only a bigger difference if you use our more heavy Clubsport steering wheels.

The more important step to improve lap times are our load cell pedals.

If pure speed is your goal I would save on the base and invest into pedals.

Could not agree more. When I was doing GT Academy, going from a G25 to CS V2 setup, the pedals where the biggest factor in going faster. I could roll off the brake so so so much more precisely. Going from 0-80% vs 0-100% was also much easier.

IMO the CSPs offer the best value out of any Fanatec product.

Would anyone know what the likeliness of this wheel working on ps5 would be?
It depends entirely on whether MS/Sony go with the current upgrade path where it's all backwards compatible or if it's a complete console refresh like normal.

If peripheral sales are still a significant part of their profit margins then they will continue to screw consumers with forced obsolescence.

Well I am going to push the button on a full Fanatec kit later in the week. PS4 CSL elite with V3 inverted pedals, shifter and handbrake.

I've done almost the same on Thursday and ordered the CSL Elite with the v3 Inverted :). Unfortunately I just got a Playseat Challenge due to no space and thus no possibility to mount a handbrake or shifter on it.

Alright. My T300RS GT Edition died prematurely (after 3 days, has to be a new record?). Now, when is this wheel available in Canada so that I can just say **** it and finally jump into the Fanatec money pit I always told myself I would not? :)

Alright. My T300RS GT Edition died prematurely (after 3 days, has to be a new record?). Now, when is this wheel available in Canada so that I can just say **** it and finally jump into the Fanatec money pit I always told myself I would not? :)

3 days boy? Lord amighty. If not a record it right on top there.

What about the warrantee?

3 days boy? Lord amighty. If not a record it right on top there.

What about the warrantee?

Didn't even bother with it. I started reading into the T300 issues thread and decided I'd finally pull the trigger on the CSL Elite. I saw the announcement just after I bought my T300.

I just brought back the T300 to Costco for a refund and I'm just gonna be patient for the CSL to be available in North America.

Didn't even bother with it. I started reading into the T300 issues thread and decided I'd finally pull the trigger on the CSL Elite. I saw the announcement just after I bought my T300.

I just brought back the T300 to Costco for a refund and I'm just gonna be patient for the CSL to be available in North America.

Pity about the Thrustmaster issues. Was thinking of getting one before but went with the Logitech G29 because of some bad Thrustmaster reviews. The G29 went on the bum after about a year. No reply from Logitech support. I tried to start back racing with a controller but it proved to be too distressful for Pcars are Pcars don't like racing with controllers so I stopped racing. Fortunately I found a guy who had a spare G29 and sold it to me for a good price and so I started back. That one going good. It's about 3 months now. Just hoping it holds out for some time until I can afford to get a Fanatec now that the Elite is PS4 licensed.

Last edited:
Maybe with the CSL for PS4 now they can add a PS4 support, since the new DD wheel isn't even out yet.

Pity about the Thrustmaster issues. Mine (a G29) went on the bum after about a year. No reply from Thrustmaster support. I tried to start back racing with a controller but it proved to be too distressful for Pcars are Pcars don't like racing with controllers so I stopped racing. Fortunately I found a guy who had a spare G29 and sold it to me for a good price and so I started back. That one going good. It's about 3 months now. Just hoping it holds out for some time until I can afford to get a Fanatec now that the Elite is PS4 licensed.
Hey David I will buy the Fanatec CSL Elite Racing wheel for PS4 when GT Sports come out :).

Hey David I will buy the Fanatec CSL Elite Racing wheel for PS4 when GT Sports come out :).

Sounds like a plan bro. It's a sweet wheel. Would love to get one too.
If you remember, let me know when you get it.

Just wondering with load cell brakes, would that function work with games played on PS4 and Xbox? Or is it a PC thing?

Cheers
James

I asked the Fanatec support via email regarding the existing wheels, PS4 buttons caps and PS4 compatibility and am now a bit confused. I thought e.g. the 918 RSR or the GT Wheel will work with the new CSL ERW base on a PS4?

Question: Is there a plan to release PS4 compatible wheels in the near future so it’s worth while waiting for them as the CSL Elite Racing Wheel for the PS4 is available now? I assume the 918 RSR wheel with not specific buttons would work as well on the PS4 as the CSL ERW is PS4 compatible and it says the wheel is PS4 ready?

Reply: There unfortunately are no PS4 button caps for the Universal Hub available since the Hub currently is not compatible with the PS4. PS4 ready means that you will need a PS4 compatible rim. At the moment it only is the CSL Elite Rim for PS4. We currently unfortunately are unable to say whether other rims also will be compatible in the future since this will be Sony's decision. Sony unfortunately has got some quite strict rules

Just wondering with load cell brakes, would that function work with games played on PS4 and Xbox? Or is it a PC thing?

Cheers
James
Load cell works fine on consoles.. heck, I used my clubsport v1 pedals on both Xbox 360 and PS3 with no issue. Basically a load cell adds progressive resistance, but still outputs a normal axis, so it can be used just fine.

Fanatec load cells allow tuning of the stiffness, which will either be a dial on the pedals or something in software. A software option is then handled on the wheelbase for console. For instance my v1 pedals have a rumble motor on the brake, and you can configure at what brake % the rumble kicks in via the wheelbase. On the PC you can get the rumble to be triggered by actually locking up in game (e.g. With FanaLEDs tool), so there is sometimes benefit to PC use of this kit, but you can certainly use it fine on consoles too.

Load cell works fine on consoles.. heck, I used my clubsport v1 pedals on both Xbox 360 and PS3 with no issue. Basically a load cell adds progressive resistance, but still outputs a normal axis, so it can be used just fine.

Fanatec load cells allow tuning of the stiffness, which will either be a dial on the pedals or something in software. A software option is then handled on the wheelbase for console. For instance my v1 pedals have a rumble motor on the brake, and you can configure at what brake % the rumble kicks in via the wheelbase. On the PC you can get the rumble to be triggered by actually locking up in game (e.g. With FanaLEDs tool), so there is sometimes benefit to PC use of this kit, but you can certainly use it fine on consoles too.

Cheers!

Thanks for letting me know.

Hello,

My shopping cart is now full, PS4 base, wheel, pedals, load cell pedal and shifter. Ebay is being loaded with all my other wheels !

But before I hit the buy button and empty my bank account, can somebody tell me if the PS4 wheel is stronger than the Xbox1 CSL base (with with ugly little squares all over the panel).

Fanatec say the PS4 base is based on the V2.5 but with less FFB power, but where does that sit between XBox1 base and V2?

Sorry, but this will be my first Fanatec kit and I'm a little unfamiliar. I'm coming from TM and Logitech!

Thanks,
Rob.

P.S, Fanatec, you got the looks PERFECT with this new PS4 wheel and base! Love the plane black brushed panel on the base, the little blue log and the blue wheel stitching !!! Sweeeeet :)

Hello,

My shopping cart is now full, PS4 base, wheel, pedals, load cell pedal and shifter. Ebay is being loaded with all my other wheels !

But before I hit the buy button and empty my bank account, can somebody tell me if the PS4 wheel is stronger than the Xbox1 CSL base (with with ugly little squares all over the panel).

Fanatec say the PS4 base is based on the V2.5 but with less FFB power, but where does that sit between XBox1 base and V2?

Sorry, but this will be my first Fanatec kit and I'm a little unfamiliar. I'm coming from TM and Logitech!

Thanks,
Rob.

P.S, Fanatec, you got the looks PERFECT with this new PS4 wheel and base! Love the plane black brushed panel on the base, the little blue log and the blue wheel stitching !!! Sweeeeet :)
The CSL Elite XB1 version was measured at 6nm as well but from how they have worded it with the updated motor this one can rotate faster than all of them.

Back