Fanatec files for insolvency

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 213 comments
I just need them to stall this long enough to get a day 1 driver for AC-Evo. Then they can do whatever they want with the company.
It's the game that needs to implement support for a wheel, not the wheel that needs to have support for the game.
No matter what, the install base for Fanatec is too big for AC Evo to ignore.

Oh ****, wasnt thinking about that.
We should still be good. The game would still work, but might not be as good as it could be with an update.

It's the game that needs to implement support for a wheel, not the wheel that needs to have support for the game.
No matter what, the install base for Fanatec is too big for AC Evo to ignore.
It works both ways. The game will support whatever driver it was last developed with, but improvements / stability fixes will need to come from Fanatec as well.

This is really sad news - I consider myself a fanatec fanboy, but as famine said, let’s wait to see what happens next. I can’t believe that they will allow this company and its huge ecosystem to be lost in oblivion - I just doesn’t make any sense.

Fanatec has been having some issues lately - but mistakes happen and they are trying to resolve them. I’ve had my CSL Elite for 5 years problem free and only realized about the business issues after I ordered the DD+. Took a little longer to arrive and communication in between was crap but it arrived, rules as a product and was lucky (?) to have an error free device.

Improving support, logistics and driver quality would get the company back to the top. Their products are too high quality for people not to like.

What a mess the console wheel market still is.

Post G25/DFP it's been mind-numbing how this niche market has gone through the wringer. I used to post and warn about all this like 15 years ago and not once seen a safe point to return to buying a wheel after being a G25/ Fanatec Turbo S owner. You just know once Gran Turismo finally turned to Fanatec this would happen like this.

With how big Sony and GT is I think they should work with Logitech properly and create some nice wheels ranges that have full support in mind. Sick of these shady companies, short time deals, atrocious support, exclusivity nonsense ruining the small market.

I would be a potential customer but have given it all a wide berth and quell surprise you can make a movie about the skullduggery and sketch of it all.

No offense but that's like saying good-bye VW, hello Porsche, we arent talking the same budget here for a full setup. Yes Moza is similar but I really want to avoid something that is sold and made in China.

Hopefully my GT DD+ will last without problems.
GL with that, so much is made in China these days I couldn't care less as long as the product has good reviews and holds up (so far Simagic has been getting good reviews). I will say I'm on the fence if I should just let my Fanatec equipment run the course and replace it when something breaks, or if I should just rip the band-aid off and buy all new, warranted stuff in the near future.

Jerome

GL with that, so much is made in China these days I couldn't care less as long as the product has good reviews and holds up (so far Simagic has been getting good reviews). I will say I'm on the fence if I should just let my Fanatec equipment run the course and replace it when something breaks, or if I should just rip the band-aid off and buy all new, warranted stuff in the near future.

Jerome
At this point if your Fanatec equipment is performing as designed with no issues why jump up and replace it?

Now perhaps a different story if something fails then you need to decide if you wish to invest more into an eco system to replace something that right now its future is a little muddy or move on to something else.

“You(BBS) get an insolvency!”
“You(Recaro) get an insolvency!”
“”You(Fanatec) get an insolvency!”
“Everyone(Fisker, Red Lobster, Porsche supplier Allgaier), gets an insolvencyyyyyyy!!!!”
What is happening in the world!?!?

Jerome

No offense but that's like saying good-bye VW, hello Porsche, we arent talking the same budget here for a full setup. Yes Moza is similar but I really want to avoid something that is sold and made in China.

Yeah that brand is pretty expensive compared to Fanatec or Moza, that’s a good analogy.

Your GT DD+ was also made in China though.

Last edited:
Yes Moza is similar but I really want to avoid something that is sold and made in China.

GL with that, so much is made in China these days I couldn't care less as long as the product has good reviews and holds up (so far Simagic has been getting good reviews).

Your GT DD+ was also made in China though.
Asetek.
Designed, engineered and made in Denmark.
Just sayin.

The situation over the last year or so absolutely stank of an insolvent company. The whole warehousing etc excuses where just smoke and mirrors. I believe customers were deliberately lied to about their orders. My first question would be if customer payments were held separately and protected pending delivery.

I just want to see some transparency on how they got into so much debt. I seen some things like they built a new hq, bought some extravagant cars but I’m not sure what is actually true or not.

There’s a lot of doom and gloom all over the internet about this situation but I personally can’t see this company going anywhere. It will change hands, maybe even be rebranded. But they have too many customers, products, r&d, logistics and manufacturing connections to just die off like that. But I also know **** all about what the situation is really like.

Surprised there isn't a big sale on to try and generate some cash and confidence from investors in the brand.

I'm certainly not going to risk my cash with Fanatec at current stock prices but might be tempted if there was a sale on.

Surprised there isn't a big sale on to try and generate some cash and confidence from investors in the brand.

I'm certainly not going to risk my cash with Fanatec at current stock prices but might be tempted if there was a sale on.

That’s what got them in trouble in the first place. Over selling products at a discount and couldn’t deliver

That’s what got them in trouble in the first place. Over selling products at a discount and couldn’t deliver
I wonder if they bit off more than they could chew in sponsorships including full scale racing.
Look at most any full scale sportscar racing and you see the Fanatec logo on many of the drivers suites and on many of the trackside banners as well.
Those endorsements or exposure do not come free.

Seems Fanatec was doing fine until they started trying to branch out too much and then were neglecting the core business of affordable sim racing gear.

Perhaps they would have been better served several years ago to be spending their funds on getting the new quick release system designed and on the products as there were quite a few consumer complaints about the QR1 rather than spending money trying to break into full scale motorsports.

As the saying goes, "Don't bite off more than you can chew." Hopefully TJ manages to find a combo to save the company, looks like they will need a new name if Corsair have now got it? Seems a bit dodgy the board dealing with Corsair if they have already have a rival product developed and not someone like Xiaomi who don't, maybe we will get a Mi Wheel in the future...

Shows that targeting growth without control of finances is extremely risky that even this profitable company that makes more profit than say a multi-billion dollar valued company is filing for insolvency. It is quite astonishing the founder, former CEO and majority shareholder can be made so powerless.

I wonder if they bit off more than they could chew in sponsorships including full scale racing.
You're not wrong on that assumption. How many years have we been waiting for that Bentley wheel they dangled in front of everyone's face.

Seems Fanatec was doing fine until they started trying to branch out too much and then were neglecting the core business of affordable sim racing gear.
I'm not sure what you mean here. They literally launched 2 budget wheel bases (DD Pro / CSL DD) that pretty much monopolized the market. Not to mention all of the bundles you had to choose from. The V2 pedals were a huge improvement over the originals. Some even preferring them over the more expensive V3's. Their logistics and customer service has always been lacking. They even trail behind on software releases, but affordable products has always been a positive from my experience.

Perhaps they would have been better served several years ago to be spending their funds on getting the new quick release system designed and on the products as there were quite a few consumer complaints about the QR1
As much as people hated the QR1, I never had an issue with any of mine for the 7+ years I used them. I only switched to the QR2 because of the BF deal that was offered. I never used the plastic QR1 so I cannot comment on that.

I really liked the V2's, but I got a really good deal on the damper kit for the throttle and brake so I just stuck with my V3's.
I have a damper on my V2s 😎

There’s a few mods out there.

Last edited:
Back