Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 1,034 comments
smd
What firmware are you running? On 455 the difference in FFB is extreme unless you turn the in-game Max Torque up to about 8. It's not a small difference, it's utterly undriveable junk without that change. With that change it feels pretty good though.
I'm running the stock Firmware my replacement DD+ Wheelbase came with pre installed.
The FFB feels highly detailed and strong.
Unfortunately this specific Firmware doesn't seem to be available on the Fanatec forum.
Thanks, I'll give your settings a try. Mine are somewhat similar but not the same. The biggest issue I've had so far was the difference between the different car classes. Group 1 are much heavier to turn and have way more FFB than e.g. road cars.
Do you maybe also have a tip to reduce the understeer vibration?
In the new Subaru Eiger Time Trial the vibration is so massive I had to turn INT up so much that a lot of feeling was lost. Since I have a wooden floor the vibration spreads everywhere, even though I have two layers of dampening stuff underneath my rig
The difference between car classes is indeed very obvious and most probably intended by PD to simulate the real life FFB behavior.
The only workaround is to raise or lower the In game torque according to your likings.
Personally I always keep the FFB at the same level no matter the car class.
And yes as you have mentioned, the only way to reduce the understeer vibration is to raise the INT.
Unless you're willing to go toe to toe with your neighbors 😅.

Overall I can only highly suggest to try the Settings posted in @Jordan Article.

I'm on a DD Pro and came away satisfied.
I'm on the DD Pro also, and was not very impressed with the changes. I only had a few minutes last night to try it out since I had been out of town. I plan to give it some time today after work.

What are your settings on the DD Pro?

I'm on the DD Pro also, and was not very impressed with the changes. I only had a few minutes last night to try it out since I had been out of town. I plan to give it some time today after work.

What are your settings on the DD Pro?
I think I'm running settings I saw posted by @PirovacBoy in the recent past. I'll have to double check.

GT DD Pro here as well and since those threads are mostly dead I watch things in here these days... @PirovacBoy 's settings are absolute money for me and for a few people who have asked and I have shared with. I know it's all personal preference but he's elevated my game with the feel in my wheel. Haven't had a chance to try with the update yet but I've heard awesome things so far from users who have these settings.

GT DD Pro here as well and since those threads are mostly dead I watch things in here these days... @PirovacBoy 's settings are absolute money for me and for a few people who have asked and I have shared with. I know it's all personal preference but he's elevated my game with the feel in my wheel. Haven't had a chance to try with the update yet but I've heard awesome things so far from users who have these settings.
If someone could post a link to the DD Pro settings mentioned, that would be awesome! I'm on stock firmware, but haven't tried the update yet due to work travel. Excited/nervous to try things out when I return.

If someone could post a link to the DD Pro settings mentioned, that would be awesome! I'm on stock firmware, but haven't tried the update yet due to work travel. Excited/nervous to try things out when I return.
IMG_20240724_152117.jpg

Last I checked. They might be different now but pre update they were super

I can guarantee and assure you that no psychoactive substances have led me to my conclusion.
No issues FFB wise on my end.

They are the same as before and as already mentioned in @Jordan article.

No adjustments needed.
I'm using the aforementioned Settings.
I think the only difference is NDP which I increased to 28.
I did that a while ago.
BTW, PDs' newly optimized and used as the default A. S Settings on the DD+ are basically almost identical to the settings mentioned in the Article by @Jordan.
The Main difference is the Wheelbase FFB which should always be set to 100%.
I've basically copied the A_S settings but I've upped the FFB on the base to 100%
I've got my in game torque now down at 5 and sensitivity at 1 and it all feels very good to me. 👍😁

Started from begin yesterday and Fanatec GT DD PRO "feels weaker" PS 5 .. checked settings from another account and on game these are :

Controller steering Sensitivity 4
Max.torgue 6
Force feedback sensitivity 6

Suggestions to play with 🧐

Thanks, I missed the earlier comment. Those settings are not far off what I have now. For in game, have you upped the force/sensitivity? Sensitivity confuses me as some people swear by 1 and others by 10. I'm tending to split the different and just go 5. I'm thinking with the change in feedback if 8/5 should be in-game? Previously I was at 4/10 but as of 1.49 with my limited play so far I am at 5/5 but since then have read about people going to 8 for FFB but perhaps that is G29..

Last edited:
Thanks, I missed the earlier comment. Those settings are not far off what I have now. For in game, have you upped the force/sensitivity? Sensitivity confuses me as some people swear by 1 and others by 10. I'm tending to split the different and just go 5. I'm thinking with the change in feedback if 8/5 should be in-game? Previously I was at 4/10 but as of 1.49 with my limited play so far I am at 5/5 but since then have read about people going to 8 for FFB but perhaps that is G29..
For me it depends on the car. I usually do best when the sensitivity and FF are strong. I think those two settings are the most subjective personally.

I haven't used the wheel since Wednesday so I don't know how these feel with the new physics but a couple other friends have used it and say it feels great. I hope to get a session tonight and see how much the update destroyed my ability to drive. I've been on a tear lately in the TTs and I hope I can continue! 🍻

The only thing I had to adjust after the update is the wheel base FFB strength. I was using FFB strength at 70. Now I'm up to 75 to get back what the update nerfed a bit. Some YouTube influencer posted that he had to update his DD+ base to 457 from 455 to make it work right for the 1.49 update, which I think is completely wrong, but maybe he's smoking something better than I have access to. My Current settings are:
  • Wheelbase Settings
    • FFB: 100
    • NDP: 50
    • NFR: 0
    • NIN: 0
    • INT: 11
    • FEI: 100
    • FOR: 100
    • SPR: GAME Does not use it.
    • DPR: GAME Does not use it.
    • BRF: 90
  • In-Game Settings
    • FFB Max Strength: 4
    • FFB Sensitivity: 9

but since then have read about people going to 8 for FFB but perhaps that is G29..
That’s what I’ve been talking about, anything over 4 or 5 on g29 will give clipping, not what you want.

GT isn’t to blame here, it’s just a limitation of entry level wheel such as g29.

Use the wheel within its limitations and it’s surprisingly good with what feedback it gives.

I had to try this and oh my god, it feels absolutely terrible :lol: I guess it's the high NDP, it feels like I'm back on my old belt driven T300RS.
I started to understand wheel tuning a little when I initially set this up but I've since lost it and just drive to the settings. 😬

Last edited:
FMW
Some YouTube influencer posted that he had to update his DD+ base to 457 from 455 to make it work right for the 1.49 update, which I think is completely wrong, but maybe he's smoking something better than I have access to.
FWIW I installed 457 a while ago, updated everything to the latest firmware and my wheel feels great!

I'm currently on

I've got no coil whine and I've noticed the slight vibration the wheel used to have when idle in the pause menus etc only really happens when I have the ndp below 20 ish. Currently have it on 28 and get no movement at all when idle.

Last edited:
It's strange that people are having such different experiences. The only car I've driven for the last month or so is the 4C with sport soft tires. I also race this car in real life so I'm very familiar with it. Before the update the @PirovacBoy settings felt very good but after the update, the car has effectively zero steering resistance unless I turn up Max Torque to 8. Even at 8 it's not perfect but, it feels good enough that I've been able to put down some blistering laps with the new physics (which are excellent). Maybe I'll try upgrading to 457 because I don't understand how anyone would find the road car steering resistance acceptable at Max Torque 5.

I’m on DD+ using base 2.0.1.4 from 455 w WQR 1.1.0.1 from 457. I found the changes made to 457 to deal w various issue made the FFB a bit duller, but some bases need the fixes for issues, so if you are not having those I’d suggest trying it. Been totally solid for me

I mainly upped my strength from 75 to 80 along w other minor tweaks. in game went from 3 to 4 w sens still at 7. I think clipping is still may be an issue at higher settings - maybe too soon to say if they made a change on how that is handled, but still better to run the base higher and game lower IMO

My wheel NDP is still around 12-14 - too high NDP really dulls it down - I mainly tune it to control some of the most severe high speed oscilations

Regarding in game sensitivity:

This changes the rate at which the game reacts to very quick inputs from the wheel, and how the game makes the wheel respond to very quick movements of the suspension. So a very quick input at low sensitivity will be damped a bit, while a higher setting will respond quicker. Same from the suspension - sudden movements at a higher setting will feel a bit edgier, lower a bit damped. Its a very subtle thing and you won’t notice it with more gradual wheel or suspension movements which is most of the time

Last edited:
Hey folks,
So after a long day of driving for almost 1000km today, I would put it this way.
Phenomenal.
This update is the best imo so far.
PD have definitely stepped up the driving experience.
Suspension, Tires and overall FFB just feel awesome.
Especially low speed traction has been greatly improved.
The Cars feel less robotic.
It feels as if the FFB Bitrate has been doubled.
Like going from 30fps to 60fps.
The whole driving process feels way more fluid.
Tires have a very natural grip progression.
The Suspension gives excellent road surface detail.
Mechanical as well as aerodynamic grip feels highly improved.
And the FFB just feels so connected to the car.
Very intuitive and comprehensible.
It's a pure joy to drive.
To me this is the best a GT game has ever felt.
Great work PD.
I'm very impressed.
I have not made any changes to my wheel settings since I wrote that article and, like you, I am still running the stock firmware that came on my DD+ wheelbase in the GT DD Extreme bundle. Also, like you, I have found the latest update to be a significant upgrade in terms of handling and FFB from the wheel. It feels amazing, almost like a completely different game.

The fact that so many people are having such a wide range of experiences is both interesting and concerning, though.

Do you prefer it to the G pro
I have not made any changes to my wheel settings since I wrote that article and, like you, I am still running the stock firmware that came on my DD+ wheelbase in the GT DD Extreme bundle. Also, like you, I have found the latest update to be a significant upgrade in terms of handling and FFB from the wheel. It feels amazing, almost like a completely different game.

The fact that so many people are having such a wide range of experiences is both interesting and concerning, though.
do you prefer the extreme over the g pro?

so is FFB torque just ruined for fanatec right now?

my dd pro feels like a used and abused g29 now and I really hate it.
What is your In Game Torque setting at? When I had my DD Pro, I bounced between 5-6 with the base at 100%. If I were still using my DD Pro, I would likely be setting the In Game Torque to 8-9 based on the 1.49 update slightly weakening all bases. On my DD+ I had to up the base from 70% to 75% and the In Game from 4 to 5 to get the same FF strength pre-update levels.

It concerns me as well. If too many people "complain" enough, it's been shown that PD will revert back to the old handling to placate to these voices. I've already seen a few well known YouTube "pundits" moan a bit about the physics. I personally like the new model. It's the best so far in my humble opinion and the best my DD+ has felt with this game. It's less arcade like.

I spent some more time playing around with stuff and ended up dialing back Max Torque to 7. Now everything feels about right. It felt good at 8 but any kind of banked turn (the banked hairpin at Maggiore in particular) made the wheel brutally heavy. The new physics really do feel great, it's just the feedback strength on road cars (maybe even just the 4C) felt way off after the patch.

Just tried the physics for the first time (DD Pro, never been updated since new in July 2023) with privacyboy's settings. FFB turned way up and sensitivity low. Understeer feels natural. Breaking late/sliding through/accelerating early just feels so much tighter in the few cars I've driven. I can't wait to wear this thing out so I can justify a DD+!

Yes it's definitely to say the least quite baffling.

The thing is that some people are using vastly different settings.
Especially using the Wheelbase at below 100% is incomprehensible.

I was told that it should ALWAYS be used at its full potential.
At least within the Wheelbase.
To assure the highest possible Dynamic Range within its technical possibilities.

The Signal should then be tweaked through the software / in game Values.
Of course if a game doesn't support in game options, you can then use the Wheelbase tuning Settings to set up the FFB strength.

But having a 15NM Motor and restricting it doesn't make sense.
Especially in terms of fidelity and fine granular detail it's always best to have the full power available.
Even if it's not used at its full potential but it guarantees the most possible clarity in signal processing.

I bet that most if not all people which suffer from a weak FFB after 1.49 are not using the Wheelbase at 100%.

Especially as stated in the update notes by PD the FFB Algorithm has been changed to use the full potential of the Fanatec Wheelbase.

In regards of the new Handling model, there is so much to say...

But like you also have stated, it's very much a different game now.
I love it and it feels just so good.
Amazing.

Hmm. So after a lot of miles i’ve settled on 8/7 in game. Sometimes 7/7. Not sure yet. Having some nasty oscillation at high speed on straights but its been tamed, mostly.

Dd extreme:
330mm round wheel
Ndp: 23
Nfn: 1
Nin: 1
Int: 6 or 7. Like it around 3-4but the oscillation is too heavy atm.
Everything else at 100

Im on 455. Did the bare minimum when it arrived. Cause.. fear! 😂

Still lost in the sauce, but the short answer is, i think this update has some really good stuff in the ffb and physics departments. Think the best compliment presently i can give is today i kinda forgot what i was doing and instead of trying to game the game, muscle memory took over and i just reacted. Which is kinda the goal with a fancy wheel.

Over/under steer: i think people are finding steering under power much more dynamic than before. If your flooring a rear wheel drive irl and start yanking the wheel its not going to work so well. Same goes here now. That said, its much easier to catch the car stepping out.

Dunno. Just did so many miles and tried so many things i think all im capable of is semi coherent babble at this point…but its a largely happy babble.

Oh. Can confirm. High NDP, north of 35, definitely past 40, crushes the more subtle feelings of grip and directionality. Blew a couple hours yesterday before realizing it was the culprit.

..try to be more aware of load and weight on the wheels. If your flooring a rear wheel drive, and yank the wheel you will likely mostly continue going straight. As you should. But if your wheels tuned ok you should be getting a feeling of lightness in the front tires. Let off the gas, settle for a sec then turn, and try to feel the turn. I’ve been surprised at what sticks. Same deal for brakes. You really have to take the time to settle the car. Again, as you should. Before each corner.

Oh! Regarding yoking the car.

I don’t know much about the bb setting, and im sure people use it in lots of different ways. However, i find if i set it so all for tires brake into a skid together, the car is much more stable under normal braking. Do figure this out i turn off abs and slam the brakes. Move abs towards the direction the wheels aren’t locking until all 4 lock as close as you can to simultaneous. Put abs back to your normal, weak or default, and it should be gtg.

Guess thats it for now. Lots to digest.

Latest Posts

Back