Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 1,035 comments
It looks like my DD+ is now bricked. This was a replacement from Germany and is less than 2 months old (they had me send in my first DD+ for their engineering team to study the disconnections). It was working fine when I last used it a week ago. Today I plugged it and powered it on and it did not do the boot up sequence. When connected to the PC it says it is in update mode and prompts to re-flash the firmware, but it gets stuck at “Waiting SetParameterRequest response…”

View attachment 1383880
Mine got stuck in update mode when I tried to roll the driver back from 457 to 455 and I thought it was bricked. The solution was to load 457 up on the PC again, and then it was fine, the update worked and it's been fine ever since.

Mine got stuck in update mode when I tried to roll the driver back from 457 to 455 and I thought it was bricked. The solution was to load 457 up on the PC again, and then it was fine, the update worked and it's been fine ever since.

That happened to me too when I tried to roll back my first base from 457 to 455. Had to downgrade to 456 first then to 455. This second base is on the 457 firmware and my PC has the 457 driver installed as well. It prompts to reflash but it stops at “Waiting SetParameterRequest response…” and the flash firmware button is greyed out.

That happened to me too when I tried to roll back my first base from 457 to 455. Had to downgrade to 456 first then to 455. This second base is on the 457 firmware and my PC has the 457 driver installed as well. It prompts to reflash but it stops at “Waiting SetParameterRequest response…” and the flash firmware button is greyed out.
I think the same thing or similar thing happened to me once. I'm not sure if you're the type to mess around with custom start-up services in windows, but I had turned off the wrong one and it was needed as part of the update process. Can't remember which one, I'd have to check.

But Also I'd try uninstalling all of the Fanatec software completely from your PC, rebooting, and then installing drivers again, rebooting windows again, and then try again with the wheel off of the base. It might work. Also try different UBS ports. Try a USB 2.0 port, etc..

Also not sure if you knew but if you click the start button during the startup procedure, that can mess the wheelbase up too. Be careful of that.

BWX
I think the same thing or similar thing happened to me once. I'm not sure if you're the type to mess around with custom start-up services in windows, but I had turned off the wrong one and it was needed as part of the update process. Can't remember which one, I'd have to check.

But Also I'd try uninstalling all of the Fanatec software completely from your PC, rebooting, and then installing drivers again, rebooting windows again, and then try again with the wheel off of the base. It might work. Also try different UBS ports. Try a USB 2.0 port, etc..

Also not sure if you knew but if you click the start button during the startup procedure, that can mess the wheelbase up too. Be careful of that.

Yes I’m aware of the possibility of bricking when pressing the button while it’s booting up. I always make sure to press it just once. I don’t even press it to change modes, instead I press the options button + triangle button to cycle through the different modes. I’ve also tried connecting it to my laptop and it still won’t allow me to flash the firmware. Same result, stuck at “waiting SetParameterRequest response”

Last edited:
Yes I’m aware of the possibility of bricking when pressing the button while it’s booting up. I’ve always make sure to press it just once. I don’t even press it to change modes, instead I press the options button + triangle button to cycle through the different modes. I’ve also tried connecting it to my laptop and it still won’t allow me to flash the firmware. Same result, stuck at “waiting SetParameterRequest response”
That sucks. I guess that error can also indicate a problem with hardware in the wheel (wheelbase). Apparently some other people had the same problem and the RMA repair said it was faulty mainboard or something in the wheel. These wheels are great - when they work. They seem to be having more than just software issues lately which is concerning.

Last edited:
Survey to gather more info about the famous disconnection issues with CS DD+ and PS5 games:

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussio...issue-driver-and-discussion-open-for-everyone

I don't think I've had a disconnect issue since the latest GT7 patch/update.
It seems that the disconnect issue with some CS DD+ is for all PS5 games (it's not a GT7 issue).

So probably only a new firmware of the Clubsport Base can fix it.

Just hope this survey can help to build this new firmware to definitively fix this issue.

So ive been using my 330mm wheel predominantly since 1.49. Yesterday, gave the 300mm extreme wheel which came with it a try and while it was fine for the most part it didn’t swap in properly, no light color change on the wheel, and then had a disconnect where i could still use the gas and steer, but lost shifting. Both were cleared with reboots but it was interesting to note that with the 330mm I haven’t really hit too many bugs. Kinda makes me wonder if pd’s support for the wheel(300ddx), is the culprit as i for dang sure have not touched drivers since the first day(455).

Also…you guys notice the v2 pedals have been sold out for weeks? Really wish they would release a force equipped podium grade pedal system
I've been using the 300mm extreme wheel with the base since I owned it. This past weekend I had the problem you mentioned for the first time. The worst thing was it was during the TGR race. I was in P4 on lap 18 and suddenly I'm stuck in 1st gear. I had to restart the wheel and fell back to 14th and finished 13th. Very frustrating. :banghead:

I've been using the 300mm extreme wheel with the base since I owned it. This past weekend I had the problem you mentioned for the first time. The worst thing was it was during the TGR race. I was in P4 on lap 18 and suddenly I'm stuck in 1st gear. I had to restart the wheel and fell back to 14th and finished 13th. Very frustrating. :banghead:
Yep. Its happened a few times now. Im shelving that wheel until another update comes around. It seems like pd / sony have borked it good with 1.49/1.5.

Yep. Its happened a few times now. Im shelving that wheel until another update comes around. It seems like pd / sony have borked it good with 1.49/1.5.
Did you try the "light blue" PS4 mode? My new (replacement from RMA) extreme wheel and base were perfect in dark blue PS5 mode with GT7 before 1.49, and then I started getting the freezing/ soft disconnects with 1.49. Then I discovered the PS4 mode workaround and it has been solid ever since, not one problem. I don't think it changes anything with FFB, but it probably will when fullforce happens. But I think this entire problem is why fullforce has not happened yet. That's just a guess.

BWX
Did you try the "light blue" PS4 mode? My new (replacement from RMA) extreme wheel and base were perfect in dark blue PS5 mode with GT7 before 1.49, and then I started getting the freezing/ soft disconnects with 1.49. Then I discovered the PS4 mode workaround and it has been solid ever since, not one problem. I don't think it changes anything with FFB, but it probably will when fullforce happens. But I think this entire problem is why fullforce has not happened yet. That's just a guess.
Nah. I shelved the wheel and things have been fine with the other two. Ill give it a shot on Thursday just for 💩’s and squirts. Wife’s ‘weekend’ is today and tomorrow so i ride pine and try to human more for these two days.

It's only happened that one time. I don't have another wheel, so crossing my fingers. The timing of it just sucked.

This disconnect issue seems a nightmare:

And complaints are not only for GT7, it's the same with all PS5 games.

Hopes a new firmware V458 will comes soon to definitely solve this issue on the CS DD+ 🙏.

Last edited:
Why are people still trying to use 457 while playing PS5 driving games? FANATEC explicitly said, on their official forums, to avoid 457 if you're having disconnect issues. I'm on 455 with and my WQR is on the hotfix they loaded on my replacement base. Not one single disconnection since I've received the replacement base with this combination firmware. Also, what's wrong with the FFB on 455 and GT7? Seems detailed and strong to me. Am I missing something?

FMW
Why are people still trying to use 457 while playing PS5 driving games? FANATEC explicitly said, on their official forums, to avoid 457 if you're having disconnect issues. I'm on 455 with and my WQR is on the hotfix they loaded on my replacement base. Not one single disconnection since I've received the replacement base with this combination firmware. Also, what's wrong with the FFB on 455 and GT7? Seems detailed and strong to me. Am I missing something?

IDK - been saying the same thing - if you can run it w/o issue, base from 455 (or 454 even) has noticeably better FFB then 457 which dulled some things to try and find a fix for SOME issues. But those issues are specific to a subset of bases.

WQR from 457 works fine for me but the hotfix addresses issues for some I guess - never needed to try it

However the fix for PBME and PBMR is in the base not the wheel FW so someday going to have to move it forward - hope they don’t use 457 as the basis for that

FWIW I had tons of disconnects with 455, that's why I started messing with the FW in the first place. But PS4 mode works perfect with GT7 since I started using it, that's with 457 and the hot fixes. Just have to remember to put it into PS4 mode each time you use the wheel on the PS5 since it switches back to dark blue PS5 mode. And before 1.49 this combo worked perfect in PS5 mode.

IMG_5217.JPEG

Back