Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 1,112 comments
BWX
Anyways this is what my CSL Elite V2 pedals are doing now when hooked up to GT DD Extreme in GT7.
I guess load cell is failing, it's falling out of calibration, but also there's an invisible phantom glitch every few seconds that resets the upper brake deadzone limit when in calibration screen in GT7. I wonder if anyone else has that glitch where it resets the upper calibration. Might be pedals, might be FW/ wheel.. not sure. 🤷‍♂️

This may or may not be news to you, but when in calibration mode, if you hold the brake pressure at a certain point for something like 3 or 4 seconds the pedals will set that as the new maximum (100%) pressure point.
That may be why your upper dead zone keeps changing?

@xDriver69x

Fair enough.

This is the ddX in game 10/8
100/100/100
ndp 29.
The rest, zero.

Compared to prepatch this is actually quite decent. Prior to this the oscillations were stronger and occupied a wider radius. As long as the wheel is turning it behaves. Its only on the straights once the vehicle is moving fast that it decides to get squirrelly. Im of the mind that this is created by road textures coming in without (enough) dampening and as previously stated, I haven’t even plugged the base into a pc, let alone change anything. So kinda thinking this is PD. But hey, firmware for fanatec has been a wild ride this year. Maybe its both of them.

Fortunately, since Thursday, gr3 and below are pretty good. Gr1 and the prototypes however are still a bit annoying.

Last edited:
A question to all of you guys on a DD+.
After a few days of testing and accommodating to the new FFB / ABS Physics, have you noticed the change of ABS FFB Feedback?
One very obvious effect is missing.
The Trailbraking FFB effect which was very obvious when you hit it spot on.
I don't know how to specifically describe it but there was this feel to the brakes when you perfectly nailed the revs according to the amount of brake pressure while releasing the brakes on turn in.
It's gone.
Completely.
It felt like a slight hum/buzz which perfectly matched the rotational speed the car was doing.
Very noticeable on Mr Cars.
I don't know if it's down to the physics change but It feels as if a lot of direct force effects related to the suspension/ braking have been muted.
The cars all feel very stable and only in the very latest moments the brakes seem to produce an effect to the FFB, especially the understeer rattle.
It's got shifted towards the very last 10%, where before it could be triggered way earlier.
Therefore everything feels as if it has been accelerated in terms of driving dynamics.

But anyway it feels good.
Not as good as before because of some missing effects but as always it's just a matter of getting used to the new behavior.
The FFB still feels very good and direct but because of the muted / cut out ABS interference, braking has become more of a muscle memory thing rather then a FFB induced perception / reaction.

@Kriptical
That amount of oscillating you get in your Wheel is nutz 😅
I was like OK, a few more minutes and his wrists are mud 😁

Back