Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,355 comments
Hey guys, just upgraded from g29 to dd pro and raced my first online race yesterday with it (Manu cup).
After about half of the race the steering angle was different than before: I had to turn the wheel much more for the same input in game and the animation in the cockpit was off as well.
I read afterwards if you go to option and then continue the game it should be normal again but I would like to know if someone had the same issue and if there's anything to prevent this (happened in a hairpin and lost 4 positions because of it).
My wheel is set to automatic steering angle.
Would be glad if you could help me.

Hey guys, just upgraded from g29 to dd pro and raced my first online race yesterday with it (Manu cup).
After about half of the race the steering angle was different than before: I had to turn the wheel much more for the same input in game and the animation in the cockpit was off as well.
I read afterwards if you go to option and then continue the game it should be normal again but I would like to know if someone had the same issue and if there's anything to prevent this (happened in a hairpin and lost 4 positions because of it).
I find that perhaps 1:50 starts and the steering rotation input is off so that you have to put in, like triple, the steering input. However this has never happened mid race for me. It is always at the start of a session which is easy to back out and restart.

For races, always do a quick QT. I’ve never had an input error in an actual race if the QT was ok.

Its been a bug since 1.43. I do a quick pause/resume after almost every cut scene in a race to be safe. Its annoying, but you get quick pretty fast.

Have you changed any of your settings for update 1.49?

I generally like my wheel set up but I am wondering if I can do better (almostly certainly!). Did you update your settings and if so what are your new settings?

It's definitely due to the firmware updates. I went to help a mate set up his DD Pro and before I updated his gear the F showed up for ages, after it was the same as mine, blink and you'll miss it.
Been using your settings for a long time and loved it, but since the update was wondering if you had made any changes to your set up for the DD Pro?

Been using your settings for a long time and loved it, but since the update was wondering if you had made any changes to your set up for the DD Pro?
TBH I haven't even played it since the update. I'll probably have a go later this week, let you know if I change anything.

Quick question: I wanna get the McLaren GT3 wheel for my DD Pro. Can anyone tell me what kind of release I need? Is the QR1 Lite enough or do I need a QR2/ QR2 Lite? There are 5 options with one sold out and one costs as much as the wheel itself 😅 Pretty new to the wheel so not much clue (yet!?)

Thanks in advance.

Quick question: I wanna get the McLaren GT3 wheel for my DD Pro. Can anyone tell me what kind of release I need? Is the QR1 Lite enough or do I need a QR2/ QR2 Lite? There are 5 options with one sold out and one costs as much as the wheel itself 😅 Pretty new to the wheel so not much clue (yet!?)

Thanks in advance.
You could just get the free QR1 Lite for now but they're not great and can start to slip after a while. I've upgraded to the QR2 on my McLaren wheel, it's very good but bear in mind you have to buy the QR2 Base-Side type C as well.
Don't have any experience of the QR2 Lite, QR2 Pro is not worth the extra cost.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
I took the Qr2 (steering wheel and base) and I am very satisfied with it

I was just on the Fanatec site considering the QR2 and during checkout there was a $5 "delivery option" added on top of $15 shipping, with tax the total price jumped close to $90, that got my attention.

No explanation of what the extra $5 was for - seems like a "junk fee" to me. I have read that Fanatec is having financial/management problems, and the talk about a Corsair buyout has diminished. Also read that Corsair is having itʻs own problems.

I have the DD Pro, McLaren V3 wheel, and QR1 but havenʻt tried it out yet. Maybe just stick with that until things settle down. But the QR1 doesnʻt seem as solid as it should be.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
I am using the Clubsport metal QR1 with my Mclaren GT3 rim. Zero issues. I haven't experienced any disconnects or clunking. Its also a good option if you do not plan on upgrading the base side to QR2 immediately.

Back