Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,340 comments
I’ve been thinking about upgrading my wheel but have been hesitant about the DD Pro because of how many intricate things seem to have to be in tune to make it work and even then it seems like a lot of peeps have issues.

The last thing I want after an upgrade is to have to upgrade to constantly change settings or do firmware updates or even have disconnects while racing.

I’ve been on T300 RS and may just get a T GT ll base and upgrade pedals for now.

When I look at the investment vs troubles it doesn’t appear to be worth it ATM. If I switch brands I also have to buy another open wheel which just adds $$ to a possible sketchy purchase.

Is DD pro really as fragile and high maintenance as it seems?? 🤔
I've had my DD Pro since July. I had one annoying, recurring issue with it and that was bi-weekly disconnects where the axle shaft would slip. I finally solved that permanently by buying a much higher quality stainless steel collar (non-fanatec).

I used the GT wheel though to Christmas and then got the Formula 2.5X wheel with metal QR1, shifter and handbrake. All are working fine with no issues. No issues with the pins for me.
For drift and rally I use the WRC wheel as I like the lighter wheels of the CSL series. So, everything's fine and I am a satisfied customer. Personally my experience improved massively with a proper racing Cockpit (GT Omega ART) and only a tiny bit with the new wheelbase. Hope this helps.
I found I had a big jump in performance when I went to the DD GT Pro over the G29. Then I got an additional jump in performance going to my RCP Pro cockpit but perhaps not as much of a gain as I was running a collapsable cockpit up to that point. I will agree that a good cockpit is essential though and I doubt I would be where I am at if I was still on the G29.

That said, I still have the G29/Playseat set up. Perhaps I should try it again? NO! :D

Last edited:
Hey Todt,

thanks so much for sharing your settings!
I will give them a try, perhaps tonight!

And also thank you for the hint with that second spring swapping for a rubber, didn’t even think about having that option 😅
I guess for me it will help me a lot to give them brakes more travel - the short way felt quite annoying to me compared to the T-LCM’s I used before 😅
Which rubbers (shore) do you use?

Edit:
Which powersupply do you use?
Because Digit (YouTuber) stated that his recommended settings are for the 5nm Version, bit I am running it in 8nm…

Regards
My pleasure !
The rubbers are the 65.

For the digit settings it is just recommended to lower the FFB in games of 1 or 2:

1706599010678.png

Hah. Wasn’t that far off. After doing the back roads around here, then the 8nm dd pro.. eventually i landed with:

265mm 6/9 set1

Sen auto

Ffb 100

Ffs peak

Ndp 48

Nfr 5

Nin 10

Int 2

Fei 100

For 100

Spr 100

Dpr 100

330mm v2 univ 7/9 set4

Sen auto

Ffb 100

Ffs peak

Ndp 79

Nfr 7

Nin 11

Int off

Fei 100

For 100

Spr 100

Dpr 100

Its good seeing people landing in generally the same spots. I will say that when driving the 330mm you need to hold the wheel as gently as possible. Its funny, when using the stick and left handing the wheel it feels good, however when adding my right paw to use the flappys it deadens it, hence the very delicate grip.

Ps: it’s interesting seeing people link in game ffb settings north of 5 after so much chatter about clipping last year 🤔

@RS60NR appreciate the advice. While i usually do the things you had mentioned i was excited after assembling the dd stand from next level and had a dumb. No excuses..i was simply an idiot. Also, i haven’t had disconnect issues, at all, prior to this…Anyway!

Survived yesterday. Plugged in the dd pro to the back of the ps5 for a change and didn’t touch the wheel..

One in a row!

Last edited:
Welp..1 in a row it stands

This time i felt the wheel chunk about an inch or two counter clockwise after hitting a bump in the road(race c). It recovered and hing on a minute or two feeling fairly normal. Maybe a bit weaker. Then boom, disconnect. Restarted after clearing the charge and it resumed play. Disconnect within about a minute. Backed out of gt7 restarted it and the wheel and it hung on a few min before disconnecting.

Think when it happens if the system is rebooted things go back to normal, but once whatever happens, does, it becomes a spiral. Presently guessing its a wheel + gt7 thing. Have to try some more and get it to repeat a few times. In the meantime, if your using:

Dd pro 8nm
Univ hub v2
Stick shift
csl pedals
Vr

Stay away from 455 and its subsequent univ hub v2, and base upgrades. Better safe, than sorry.

Ugh

@MetalApe could you tell us when they respond to your RMA. The boards over there say 7-14 days for any sort of response..which is bad..thanks!

@MetalApe could you tell us when they respond to your RMA. The boards over there say 7-14 days for any sort of response..which is bad..thanks!

I sent my support request first thing Monday. I heard back with details about how to ship it to the UK repair center Tuesday afternoon. I've arranged for it to be collected Thursday morning.

There was one sympton before the problem ocurred that might of interest to some. For a few weeks before the failure when connecting the wheel on startup, sometimes it would do nothing when pressing the PS button on the wheel, sometimes the connection screen would quickly pop up and disapear. But I always got it to connect without too much effort. Once connected it never gave any problems once in action, so I was assuming the physical connection was solid, otherwise that would surely fail under load while racing?

I'm guessing now with hindsight, maybe I already had a broken pin, but the contact on that pin didn't matter when driving, it was just during initial connection the system needed that contact to be good to work.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard of firmware updates causing the unit to not turn on?

My ramdom disconnects have progressed into the power button of the unit sometimes not working. It appears that its occurring when the blue light in the power block refuses to dissipate. (I all ways push the power button after unplugging after every session to clear the charge and that doesn’t seem to work when it bugs out)

Does this seem like firmware, or has my wheel been dying a slow death and the firmware update accelerated things somehow?

Also, i can’t seem to find anyone talking about any sort of similar behavior with a dd pro and ps. Lots of xbox stuff, some podium issues. Nothing about randome disconnects devolving into residual charges and power button failure though. Funny thing is it feels like a total crap shoot. Some days its been good. Others it feels as if the units faulting out under ffb and spirals.

Suppose ill try to roll back to 454 as the unit seems to be the final option. That and its a 💩 issue to try to catch on video. Ugh

Any help or advice is welcome.

No issues for me on 454 since it released. Didn't bother with 455 as it only updated the base firmware and mine works fine as is.
I've always just turned off the base, unplugged it then left it alone.

No issues for me on 454 since it released. Didn't bother with 455 as it only updated the base firmware and mine works fine as is.
I've always just turned off the base, unplugged it then left it alone.
Yeah. Things worked fine for me then too. Rock solid in fact, for months, then this slowly increasing deterioration has occurred for the past week or two, to now where it feels as if a 50/50 coin toss as to whether it will turn on. I didn’t realize how much of a 💩 shoot upgrading the firmware could be.

If it is any consolation, I am on the latest software and everything is working okay for me. No issues that I have noticed.

I do appreciate hearing that as its become a process of elimination.

I’m starting to have the sinking feeling that possibly part of the reason i got lost in the rabbit hole of wheel settings may have been due to this thing slowly spiraling.

I do appreciate hearing that as its become a process of elimination.

I’m starting to have the sinking feeling that possibly part of the reason i got lost in the rabbit hole of wheel settings may have been due to this thing slowly spiraling.
you have certainly already done it but you have searched a little in the fanatec forum!

here he talks about Boosted Media on yourube maybe you can find the info there!I understand your despair. I once tried to update my old CSL to get the latest one, but I never managed to do it!

Capture.PNG

Courage 💪 you will find a solution ✌️

Hey Community! 🙋🏽‍♂️

First of all, thanks a lot everyone for putting so much effort in testing and sharing their FFB-Setups/Settings of the GT DD Pro in GranTurismo!

I found some very good settings here to adopt for my self and did a lot of improvement on the Track in GT7 with them! 👍🏼👌🏼

I now got a question concerning the usability of the Clubsport Universal Hub v2 (i just ordered yesterday) in GT 7 - especially regarding the funky switch.
Is it finally possible to assign/map the in-race tuning menu for brake-bias, traction control etc. (MFD) to the inputs of the funky switch?!
I only found controversial informations on this through out the internet…

For me, it would kinda be a dealbreaker if it ain‘t possible to tune the settings with the funkyswitch to be honest..

Thanks in advance everybody!

Regards,

Michael

Hey Community! 🙋🏽‍♂️

First of all, thanks a lot everyone for putting so much effort in testing and sharing their FFB-Setups/Settings of the GT DD Pro in GranTurismo!

I found some very good settings here to adopt for my self and did a lot of improvement on the Track in GT7 with them! 👍🏼👌🏼

I now got a question concerning the usability of the Clubsport Universal Hub v2 (i just ordered yesterday) in GT 7 - especially regarding the funky switch.
Is it finally possible to assign/map the in-race tuning menu for brake-bias, traction control etc. (MFD) to the inputs of the funky switch?!
I only found controversial informations on this through out the internet…

For me, it would kinda be a dealbreaker if it ain‘t possible to tune the settings with the funkyswitch to be honest..

Thanks in advance everybody!

Regards,

Michael
There are two up/down toggles, one on the left, the other on the right. Left moves through the mfd tiles, and the right changes values within them. It works pretty well. The funky switch is more of a dedicated joy stick with clicking it serving to select your choice’s. It works pretty well

There are two up/down toggles, one on the left, the other on the right. Left moves through the mfd tiles, and the right changes values within them. It works pretty well. The funky switch is more of a dedicated joy stick with clicking it serving to select your choice’s. It works pretty well
Hey Kriptical,

I think you are talking about the CSL Universal Hub V2, but my concern is about the ClubSport Universal Hub V2 though…
These two are of different builds.

Regards

No experience of the universal hub but the funky switch functions as the d-pad in GT7 so in theory you should be able to assign the MFD controls to that.

Last edited:
No experience of the universal hub but the funky switch functions as the d-pad in GT7 so in theory you should be able to assign the MFD controls to that.
Thanks mate!
Stuff has been delivered this morning.
About deloverytimes: ordered on late sunday evening, delivered all together (R300 rim, Clubsport V2 Hub and QR2) today morning.
At least in Germany they seem to habe their warehouse delivery chaos fixed…

Guys I would like to share my newest achievement, if u don’t mind 😅

On BlackFriday I was lucky ti get one of Fanatecs new F1 2023 Limited Wheel, despite the fact that this green color isn’t my favorit, so I ordered some pineapple grips frok Peter and his team from pineapplegrips.co.uk and here is the result:

What do you guys think of it 🧐 ?

Attachments

• IMG_2371.jpeg
    IMG_2371.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2373.jpeg
    IMG_2373.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2374.jpeg
    IMG_2374.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2375.jpeg
    IMG_2375.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2378.jpeg
    IMG_2378.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 8
Thanks mate!
About deloverytimes: ordered on late sunday evening, delivered all together (R300 rim, Clubsport V2 Hub and QR2) today morning.

On BlackFriday I was lucky ti get one of Fanatecs new F1 2023 Limited Wheel, despite the fact that this green color isn’t my favorit, so I ordered some pineapple grips frok Peter and his team from pineapplegrips.co.uk and here is the result:

I hadn't heard of pineapple grips before this post and I'm about to put an order in to replace my Alcantara grips on the Formula 2.5x I got in that steaming deal they had for the holiday with some leathers. Thank you!

Last edited:
Looks like the Clubsport DD+ for Playstation has started shipping to buyers!
Yes, they will be delivered to the early pre-orderers today, finally…

Now I feel like I regret my decision to cancel my pre-order from 21st October 2023 in mid-January and ordering my GT DD Pro instead a lil bit 😅
Well, I guess I just wait for the first reviews and tests pf DD+ and then upgrade to it..

Thanks mate!

The wheel looks nice and the website of pineapplegrips is always a great place for windowshopping for me. I love the green accents but that is personal taste...

The shipping by Fanatec isn't my main concern. It is UPS who act a a parody of a logistic company, at least where I live in germany... This week I had again interesting experience with a package by GT Omega.

Anyway, have good fun with your new wheel!

I had a disaster happen yesterday whilst setting up my rig, I haven't played since November so had it stored out of the way.
Whilst setting up my NLR Wheel Stand 2 I managed to catch the cable for the pedals without much force, but it pulled the connector and unfortunately this has broken the solders from the board.
I've checked around and there seem to be quite a few of these breaks on Fanatec and Reddit. It's well out of warranty so I'm going to try a local electronics repair store to see if they can fix it, otherwise it could be a costly return to Fanatec Germany.
Just posting mostly as a warning to others as these connections are pretty fragile.
It's unusual that they only way they are secured it's through some small soldiers, no other supporting bracket at all.
After quite a bit of research and with my unit well out if warranty I decided to take the route of trying to get the port fixed by a local electronics repair guy who could do circuit board repairs.
I dropped it off to him and showed the problem, he's never seen a Fanatec wheel before but thought it would be an easy repair. 24 hours later I picked it up and it was working fine, he had even reinforced it slightly.
I have also sorted out my cable management with lots of gorilla tape to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Yes, they will be delivered to the early pre-orderers today, finally…

Now I feel like I regret my decision to cancel my pre-order from 21st October 2023 in mid-January and ordering my GT DD Pro instead a lil bit 😅
Well, I guess I just wait for the first reviews and tests pf DD+ and then upgrade to it..
Well, if you now want the DD+ Extreme that comes with the new GT steering wheel, your cancellation was rather fortuitous! Personally, although the wheel will be handy for GT7, I would invest the extra €/£ 300 you would need to spend for the Extreme - into a better quality Fanatec wheel.

I also pre-ordered my DD+ back in Oct 23!! and its recently shipped (and I sold my GT DD Pro Base in Dec 23) BUT i was annoyed when they released the DD+ Extreme with the new GT wheel as I could not cancel my order, but then seeing the mediocre quality of the new GT wheel (its much better than the DD Pro GT wheel though) I decided it was not worth it since I already have a Clubsport RS as my round rim - and that is a better quality / solid rim - and I mostly use my McL GT3 & Formula v2.5. I am also tempted to add to my collection - with one from below but have yet to decide - the extra NM on the DD+ should handle their weight nicely;

Last edited:
Back