Fanatec Wheel Problem

• Thread starter deadcell96
  • 58 comments
United States
somewhere in PA
deadcell96
Anyone who owns a fanatec wheel knows how the calibration is every time you turn it on. On my Fanatec Carrera, instead of re-centering after turning all the way to the right, it then goes all the way left and does not re-center. Is there a fix to this or am I going to have to start wheel shopping?

I use to have that same wheel but I've never encountered that problem before.
When the wheel stops calibrating, does it says 888 on the screen that's on the wheel?

Yeah it does. This wheel has honestly been kind of a pain in the 🤬. I had to fix the pedals and they're starting to crap out again

If you take a video of it, send it to fanatec customer support and they'll arrange to send you a new one in a couple of days.

This happened to mine an their CS was a pain, so I just returned it and bought a much more reliable g27!

Do you have to pay for shipping? $22 for shipping was expensive then and it still is now. If so, then I'll just start saving for a g27 since amazon offers free shipping.

deadcell96
Do you have to pay for shipping? $22 for shipping was expensive then and it still is now. If so, then I'll just start saving for a g27 since amazon offers free shipping.

Yes you will, but I never received a receipt from UPS. (That's normal apparently) and didn't get refunded.

Make sure you have a receipt to forward to them.
Be nice if they forwarded a pre paid postal system but they don't.

Good luck.

I just received my GT2 wheel and I'm having a center issue too. Works fine in PC mode and once I put it in PS3 mode, it goes off center to the left by about 10 - 15 degrees. Its so bad I haven't really even had a decent run on GT5 with the new wheel yet. Any ideas guys?
Thanks in advance

I just received my GT2 wheel and I'm having a center issue too. Works fine in PC mode and once I put it in PS3 mode, it goes off center to the left by about 10 - 15 degrees. Its so bad I haven't really even had a decent run on GT5 with the new wheel yet. Any ideas guys?
Thanks in advance

Had this issue in my old GT2. The code-wheel sensor is bad, and needs replaced. You can have them send you the part to replace yourself, or you can send it into repair. When mine came back, it was better than ever, and no loss of centering issues from there!

Had this issue in my old GT2. The code-wheel sensor is bad, and needs replaced. You can have them send you the part to replace yourself, or you can send it into repair. When mine came back, it was better than ever, and no loss of centering issues from there!

Nice 1, at least now I know what to tell them when I call them again tomorrow. I spoke to a girl in their California office earlier today and she reassured me that it would be taken care of. She gave me an email address for the engineering department, heres that email and the number for their office in case anyone needs it:

Endor/Fanatec in California:
1-323-556-0774
Engineering department:
wg@endor.ag[/B]

This happened my GT2 today. Any ideas how to fix it?

Edit:
Received this from Fanatec today

"thank you for your email.
The codewheel-sensor obviously is defective.
If you want, we´ll send you a new sensor with a manual how to replace it. Of course without loss of any warranty.
Would you please give me your shipping address.

We also appreciate if you delete the video from youtube"

Last edited:
Nice 1, at least now I know what to tell them when I call them again tomorrow. I spoke to a girl in their California office earlier today and she reassured me that it would be taken care of. She gave me an email address for the engineering department, heres that email and the number for their office in case anyone needs it:

Endor/Fanatec in California:
1-323-556-0774
Engineering department:
wg@endor.ag[/B]

the e-mail address is just the company e-mail in germany

This happened my GT2 today. Any ideas how to fix it?

Edit:
Received this from Fanatec today

"thank you for your email.
The codewheel-sensor obviously is defective.
If you want, we´ll send you a new sensor with a manual how to replace it. Of course without loss of any warranty.
Would you please give me your shipping address.

We also appreciate if you delete the video from youtube"

i would not accept there offer for a replacement part
since you say the wheel is 3 months old have them send you a new wheel.
after all what good is a warranty if we the customer end up doing the labor without getting paid.
in my opinion i would go for replacing the part only if the wheel was out of warranty.

i would not accept there offer for a replacement part
since you say the wheel is 3 months old have them send you a new wheel.
after all what good is a warranty if we the customer end up doing the labor without getting paid.
in my opinion i would go for replacing the part only if the wheel was out of warranty.

Believe me Dave, I want nothing more than a replacement wheel but the current trend at Fanatec is to push the customer into replacing parts themselves and to the point they just offer you a refund instead of replacing the wheel if its not an option for that customer to do internal parts replacement. This is the third time I've had to deal with Fanatec on warranty issues in my 3 years as a customer and I can tell you the GT2 will be my final product from them. I also like how they asked me to take down my video from YouTube, well its like this, make a quality product and your customers won't have to post Fanatec Fails on YouTube to affect your global sales and get your attention when something goes wrong...

Believe me Dave, I want nothing more than a replacement wheel but the current trend at Fanatec is to push the customer into replacing parts themselves and to the point they just offer you a refund instead of replacing the wheel if its not an option for that customer to do internal parts replacement. This is the third time I've had to deal with Fanatec on warranty issues in my 3 years as a customer and I can tell you the GT2 will be my final product from them. I also like how they asked me to take down my video from YouTube, well its like this, make a quality product and your customers won't have to post Fanatec Fails on YouTube to affect your global sales and get your attention when something goes wrong...

i find it to be arrogant that they expect us to bow down to them.
you have a right to have a new wheel if yours is defective.
do not accept no for an answer.
i too had experienced problems with them in the past and ended up repairing there problems only for the better.
as far as engineering department it is in china - they do not even have a service part replacement system - if they send you a part it has been from a canibalised wheel .
they pay someone in arizona to do the repairs and remove parts from other defective products to send out to customers.
it is a pathetic way of doing business

I wonder if filing a complaint on the BBB against Endor USA, LLC would do anything to like a fire under their arse. I've already been to the site and Endor are listed on there. Thoughts?

They SHOULD offer you to send it in for repair(Arizona) free of charge. This is what I did with mine when the Sensor went, and it has worked great since! I gave it to a friend in Florida once I got my CSW, and he says it sill works like a charm. It has been +-14 months since the repair, and it works great.

They SHOULD offer you to send it in for repair(Arizona) free of charge. This is what I did with mine when the Sensor went, and it has worked great since! I gave it to a friend in Florida once I got my CSW, and he says it sill works like a charm. It has been +-14 months since the repair, and it works great.

Fingers crossed AGP5000, I could handle that, lets hope they can escalate it to the point that its an option. I'll keep you guys up to date. Always interesting to get a response from Fanatec and see what they expect their Customers to do next...

I forgot to mention that I am also having a reoccurring problem with the brake pedal sticking. I finally found a remedy online, haven't tried it as of yet but just wanted to post it for later reference for everyone:

http://www.saltywet.net/2011/02/24/fanatec-clubsport-pedal-brake-problems/

Last edited:
Fingers crossed AGP5000, I could handle that, lets hope they can escalate it to the point that its an option. I'll keep you guys up to date. Always interesting to get a response from Fanatec and see what they expect their Customers to do next...

I forgot to mention that I am also having a reoccurring problem with the brake pedal sticking. I finally found a remedy online, haven't tried it as of yet but just wanted to post it for later reference for everyone:

http://www.saltywet.net/2011/02/24/fanatec-clubsport-pedal-brake-problems/

i have a bit of advice for you concerning your brake pedal.
if you find that when cleaning the inside bore of the pedal pushrod block there is a black gooy substance it is caused by a chemical reaction from the brass inner sleeve and dry bicycle lube.
clean it out completely and wash the P.U.Foam insert then before reassembling use a moly based engine oil treatment to lubricate the internal parts and foam insert.
this will stop the foam from drying out and expanding and will not need to be relubed for possibly a few years. and there will no longer be any goo forming on the internal parts.
NEVER USE DRY LUBE. !!!

i have a bit of advice for you concerning your brake pedal.
if you find that when cleaning the inside bore of the pedal pushrod block there is a black gooy substance it is caused by a chemical reaction from the brass inner sleeve and dry bicycle lube.
clean it out completely and wash the P.U.Foam insert then before reassembling use a moly based engine oil treatment to lubricate the internal parts and foam insert.
this will stop the foam from drying out and expanding and will not need to be relubed for possibly a few years. and there will no longer be any goo forming on the internal parts.
NEVER USE DRY LUBE. !!!

Thanks Dave, appreciate it! :)

Dave, did you see the part about the little foam piece for the brake enclosure, do you recommend me trying to cut away the end edges similar to what the guy did in the pics?

it would not hurt to do so but is not necessary.
one of the problems is from using the drylube causes the foam to swell and harden over time. washing the foam and letting it dry completely then applying a small amount of the lube i mentioned earlier will help to soften the foam back to it`s original properties.
once the block and internal components are properly lubed it will no longer stick and you will find that it works better than ever. !!

richieiem2282

We usually offer the spareparts because it is the fastest way to help you. In case your wheel is under warranty you always have the choice to let us repair it or do it by yourself and save time. I don't now if our team did not offer you the option to get it repaired. If they did not then it was a mistake. Otherwise, please send us the wheel and we fix it. Of course we also pay for the freight cost.

richieiem2282

We usually offer the spareparts because it is the fastest way to help you. In case your wheel is under warranty you always have the choice to let us repair it or do it by yourself and save time. I don't now if our team did not offer you the option to get it repaired. If they did not then it was a mistake. Otherwise, please send us the wheel and we fix it. Of course we also pay for the freight cost.

Thomas,

this "mistake" happens quite often, from what I've heard and experienced myself. They don't offer this option unrequested. Maybe you can check that and go over the CS-guidelines again?

Mahnegold

Back