Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MoLiEG
Almost 70 mph... under the rain :D

I love driving in the rain! Specifically in storms. Just the insane water, wind, lightening, and the emptiness. Makes it a little spooky :)
I never speed in the rain though. That's just careless. Then again I don't consider 70 speeding on the highway, as long as your tires are good.

I love driving in the rain! Specifically in storms...

There're times when I thoroughly enjoy driving in the rain as well, but for me it's those instance where the water's beading on the glass just right/wipers are working perfectly and you just feel both relaxed & connected or whatever.. not quite sure how to explain it, but yeah. Then again, there're those days where for any number of reasons, visibility's crap & everybody's driving like an idiot etc. and it just completely sucks! I'm hoping to snag a glass sunroof panel for both my MX-3 & RX-7, as for some reason, they definitely make rainy drives a little more enjoyable to me. I think it's got ties to sitting in my dad's (glass sunroof equipped) '84 Prelude car as a child, while he washed it. :)

As do I.. when you get to those kinds of speeds there's quite a bit of wind resistance etc. to overcome.

You know your MX-3 is geared and powered to 141mph, right?

(Mine's geared to 162, I think, and powered to 165 - it just needs the engine and gearbox to be in it... :lol: )

You know your MX-3 is geared and powered to...

I think I hit an indicated 130mph back in the day, pre-2.5L.. I was afraid of gettin' pinched & let off though. Haven't gone for any records since the swap. If I remember right, (in the real world anyways), US-spec 1.8L's run outta steam @ 134, (give or take of course). Oh, and yea - powertrains definitely help. :D

Ignore the dials. GPS (Sat-nav over here) is better, speed cameras better still (with a slight issue) but nothing beats timing over a known distance.

But not on public roads, of course :D

Ignore the dials...

Can't afford new fangled wizardry like GPS.. I bought an RX-7, live in too rural an area to have speed cameras, and am too dumb to time myself over a known distance. :dopey: Oh, and what're you on about - I only go such speeds on my personal racetrack, you know.. in my back yard. :P

65MPH. Bearing in mind I dont have a car yet lol

I was in my instructors car on an industrial estate and we where practicing the Emergency Stop manouver. I asked if I could see how fast I could get the thing up to before it. I know the guy well IRL so he was happy enough lol. EDIT: This was a diesel Ford Fiesta (model before the current over here)

Fastest in a car overall would be whatever speed they get the 2 seater NASCARs up to around Daytona. 160+ perhaps?

...Fastest in a car overall would be whatever speed they get the 2 seater NASCARs up to around Daytona. 160+ perhaps?

They've been adding limitations to reduce speeds @ Daytona due to breaking the 200mph barrier, again. :boggled: (no idea what the 2-seaters get to) You got to ride passenger & they didn't tell ya/record what speed was hit?

Clocked 120 on the straight of Thunderhill last week. It was from a GPS. My speedometer is off now that I have different wheels.

Set a new personal record the other day on the Autobahn. Perfectly level and straight piece of road on which I could floor it with ease, managed to get 233 km/h on the speedo, which translates to 145 mph. The car is a 15 year old BMW 323i.

masonholmes
I think it's got ties to sitting in my dad's (glass sunroof equipped) '84 Prelude car as a child, while he washed it. :)

Same here! Except I would sit in my dad's 87 trans am and just watch the water roll off the T-tops, hatch, windows, and windshield. It's like a stinking greenhouse!
Coolest part is that 87 TA is mine now. The car I came home from the hospital in as a baby is now mine. I love every minute that I spend behind the wheel of it.

...It's like a stinking greenhouse!
Coolest part is that 87 TA is mine now. The car I came home from the hospital in as a baby is now mine. I love every minute that I spend behind the wheel of it.

Ditto (greenhouse effect ftw) & SCORE!! :cheers:

145 MPH, in my sister's 1979 6.6L Pontiac Trans AM, Black with T-tops of course. Luckily I got it slowed down for the 45 MPH S-curves... And I'm gald I wasn't driving it later that night when I drove my own 1976 Dodge Dart into the ditch, at much less then 145 MPH.

My car tops out at 120. 2011 Mazda 3i, 2.0 5-speed MT, bone-stock. I have done it twice so far. As a passenger, doing 145 mph following a blacked-out Murcielago in my dad's 2002 Maxima. Both cars went really light above 100 or so.

Last edited:
1990 Taurus SHO. Couple mods, nothing major. Did the full 140 and she still had power! Man, I love it when Ford does something right. 21 years old and she's still pretty damn fast.

EDIT: Oh and uh, not on public roads. :D

DEATHSARTHE
1990 Taurus SHO. Couple mods, nothing major. Did the full 140 and she still had power! Man, I love it when Ford does something right. 21 years old and she's still pretty damn fast.

EDIT: Oh and uh, not on public roads. :D

My mom used to have a 93 sho and dang smokey that thing was fast! Raced my trans am with that thing and in a straight line I kid you not at 90mph it was 5 feet behind! To think a family car would be that fast. Another one to look out for is the boneville ssei. That car is dead even with my ta!
And this actually did happen on a private road :D

Last edited:
Hit the limiter (118 mph speedo-indicated) in a 2011 Dodge Avenger V6.

Went about 95 in mom's Mini once. :dopey:
Felt the same as 80, since we were removed

Last edited by a moderator:
80 removed in a 2006 Ferrari F430 red with tan interior
90+ in a Black and Orange 1969 Camaro RS SS removed

I've done a little over 240 km/h (just under 150 mph) in my s600 a few years back. Haven't done it since though (for obvious reasons) :lol:

80 removed in a 2006 Ferrari F430 red with tan interior

Uhmm, please tell me there was a reason you capped it @ 80, like you were test-driving it & the salesman was in the passenger seat, or there literally were no straights? I don't mean to say, go crazy fast on public roads, but it was a Ferrari & a rather new one @ that! Heck, 90+ in an old muscle car is more dangerous than anything close in an F430. :P

I wasn't driving, and it wasn't my car, because I don't own a car, but we went 110 in my friends 01 BMW M5.
EDIT: 95-97 in my dads 02 Nissan maxima with HKS exhaust, Tein Suspension, and Liquid Metal Racing rims. removed. SCARY!

Fastest I've ever driven in my own car would be 60MPH. Foot to the floor, my Subie could barely hit 60. Sadly enough it was really struggling on the highway, people absolutely hated me. :( In New England, no matter how fast you're going, someone's always going to pass you. So yes, I haven't really gone that fast. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back