Votes: 254 27.6%
  • 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my current 2011 Volkswagen Gti I went 110 on one occasion. In my pervious 2008 gti, I went approximately 135 a few different times. I must say going fast is fun but I rarely do it anymore because I lost my license once already and it really is not fun. My 2008 Gli I ha in between the two Gti's I don't think I ever went over 95, granted the engine was fried.

So...

We were right?

Cruising down the autobahn, we hit 170 a few times overtaking "slow" cars. Err, KMH. So that's a new record for now, I think.

*sighs and deletes more posts*

What is it about this thread that causes so many AUP blindspots despite repeated reminders?

Acute Failure of Common Sense? Happens to me sometimes. Which is why I always recheck my posts!

The more you know!

My girlfriend has been faster in the SVTF than me. She bragged about hitting 100 in it, but later copped to only doing 95.

I haven't been over 80 in it.

Wait what lol? Sorry its been a while.

When you made your last looking-for-a-car thread we basically said "Why? You'll just blow off anything and everything we suggest and buy something completely different to any of the suggestions". You'd done it the last time.

So, we were right. You did exactly that. Just gonna note that.

My currant 08 Acura TSX 125mph
My last car, a 99 camaro ss 155mph only cause the limiter wouldn't let it go more but she still had plenty left

115 in a miata that my dad sold to a friend who worked with a mazda raceteam (:drool:)

125 in my dad's old subaru wrx (also sold :ouch:)

Both of them are awesome cars, sad that he sold them T_T;

65 in my Cr-Z! :sly:

130 when I was in Germany. I drove a BMW 525d '04.

...65 in my Cr-Z! :sly:

What do ya think of the CR-Z? I soo wish they had a non-hybrid version that I could pick up down the road someday, used, as new cars are a total ripoff & hybrid batteries have a crap lifecycle. (plus I'm just not hybrid-friendly :P) Having just seen them, basically in GT5, I saw one IRL for the first time a few weeks ago & was surprised that they actually look Ok. Not a huge fan of the rearend/fender to tail-light area or whatever, but otherwise..

@masonholmes: It's a nice car for me personally-it's not a killer sportscar by any means, but if i'm not running late to school (almost never) i can take a canyon instead of freeway, which is loads of fun even though i drive it rather slow ^^ I personally find it to have a good balance of playfulness and the ability to be a good commute car.

Relatively cheap+good fun w/o being anywhere close to dangerous speeds is nice for a college student; don't know about those "adult" weirdos though :P

Darkblaze
yeah, its so easy for me to believe that most of you have driven at 140+ mph -_-

A quite a few of us on here Race irl. Sooo yeah. Plus, not pointing fingers here, but some people aren't really that smart with their driving habits.
Although I do agree with you a little.

...Although I do agree with you a little.

As do I.. when you get to those kinds of speeds there's quite a bit of wind resistance etc. to overcome. Thanks to jacked up gauges I'm not sure how fast I've had the RX-7 so far, but I know it get's there @ a decent rate. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back