Votes: 254 27.6%
  • 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did 130ish in a Nissan GTR yesterday. Not mine though, so I know it doesn't count. I couldn't believe how fast that thing is. Blew away the previous fastest car I have driven, a Ferrari 360 Modena.

I should add that this was a track day and was at Prestwold Hall, so a short track (1.8 miles), hence why I couldn't go faster.

I did a legal 287km/h yesterday in a friends m3 tuned by g-power.

But i stay in the same category.

Need to test my top speed with my S3 now that's it's tuned a bit more. Should get a bit more than his former max of 255km/h (now should go up to 260-265km/h)

Top speed records for all the cars I've been in:
187kmh (speed cut) in my 1994 Mazda Familia (Protege to you Americans I think)
187kmh (speed cut) in my mums (:lol:) 2003 Subaru Legacy B4 non turbo
210kmh in my dads Holden Captiva Series 7
220kmh in my mates parents friends 2002 BMW 525d

The 187 in the Legacy was removed. I was 🤬 myself so bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
And certainly don't post here about it:

This reminds me of a guy who was doing well over 150 MPH on the freeway in a supercharged Corvette. He put the video of himself on YouTube, someone turned it into the cops, and he got arrested for reckless driving. :lol:

But that's beside the point.

masonholmes
In that case I wouldn't suggest breaking the speed limit for awhile, haha.

Well I can definitely handle it since I've been racing since I was 5 but from that I've learned it's worth it to save the speed for the track, when the prize is well worth it because doing it on the road definitely isn't worth the car nor your life. The only downside to it all is teaching myself that when someone stops short, to not instantly analyze my surroundings and go around the person rather then just slamming on the brakes and getting rear ended as my teacher seems to believe is the best way to take care of the situation even though I'm a far better driver than her.

This reminds me of a guy who was doing well over 150 MPH on the freeway in a supercharged Corvette. He put the video of himself on YouTube, someone turned it into the cops, and he got arrested for reckless driving. :lol:

But that's beside the point.

Cops in the Netherlands can't do anything with the video. The guy didn't get a single ticket, they only talked to him after the video became hot and then let him go.

Someone thinks very highly of themselves! Even if you have been racing like you say you have since 5, driving on the road is a different thing all together and the roads could do without smug attitudes like that. You can't handle it, as public roads aren't designed for it, nor are the hazards contained within.

Punknoodle
Someone thinks very highly of themselves! Even if you have been racing like you say you have since 5, driving on the road is a different thing all together and the roads could do without smug attitudes like that. You can't handle it, as public roads aren't designed for it, nor are the hazards contained within.

I was expecting someone to say that, but I am fully aware of your point. I'm not saying I have better knowledge about regular driving because she's obviously the teacher and I'm the student. What I seemed to have incorrectly worded is that my ability to react to a situation quickly and safely is much better than hers. My example was when the person infront of us slammed on the brakes and just stopped dead in the road. In the time it took her to brake, I was already and the person because I had been checking all of my mirrors constantly which is already a second nature thing to me and I even do it when I'm a passenger. She asked me why I went around instead of stopping and I simply looked at her and said, "I had been checking the mirrors constantly, and someone was tailgating us. For the sake of your car and the passengers inside, I knew for a fact I could safely avoid being rear-ended by the driver behind us". That driver behind us was a girl who had to be in her early 20s driving a brand new M3 and she clearly shouldn't of passed any of her driving courses considering the way she was driving. I by no means think highly of myself because I still attend driving schools and spend time like you wouldn't believe making sure I have the fastest time around the track, so my commitment to driving goes far beyond the normal teenager just looking to blast sum Jay-z wit hiz boizz. Also, my statemt about being able to handle the speed simply applied to me handling the car, not the other drivers around me. I've seen far too many deaths from kids in their built up EVOs, VWs, and Subaru's to even think about doing such a thing on the street. The extent of my thoughts on reckless driving only goes as far as 'exhibition of speed' by launching the car, which I wouldn't do because I value the cash in my pocket, my transmission, and my rear axle.

Last edited:
The fastest I ever gone was 185kmh, around 115mph, in my Renault Clio diesel

It was a little bit scary, to be honest

172mph with my dad when I was 10 in his old 996 Turbo S. I miss those days so much...

Yeah....There's a guy with some spirit. :sly: I hate younger kids that drive fast because they do it in the wrong places, and do it to intimidate people rather than for the idea of going fast. Minimum driving age should be 21, imo. A 16 year old is basically a 12 year old with the added cockiness that goes along with the "rights of passage" in society.

I've only driven cheap 4 Cy cars but I fall into the 120-140 range. Sort of like Johnny Herbert racing Kaz in a Volkswagen Golf at the Nurburgring 24 hr. I do hate wreckless drivers though, I'm actually for Obama's idea of putting GPS tracking in all vehicles, and capping speeds at the speed limit.

I once had a friend that went 165 mph on the back of a Sport bike (hanging on for dear life) at age 10. Very negligent on the part of his older friend. Borderline child abuse. :sly: Manslaughter with a gust of wind...

I also believe the max driving age should be 65, and one should have to re-take their drivers test every 4 years (one test for every presidential term, obviously on diff dates). The driver's tests in the USA also do not cover actual driving, they only test parking, stopping & turning. Part of driving is actually being able to point the car straight down the road without buzzing every pedestrian & cyclist along the way. One would be surprised how many CANNOT DO THIS if their life depended on it. These people dont belong on the roads. Minimum IQ for driving a car should be set at 75. This is very reasonable. More than 70% of the population can easily score above this number.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the new engine I got it to 7000 RPMs in 5th which was around 130+. It wanted to keep going but I felt bad about revving it more for that long so I backed off. It probably would've been fine though.

Last edited:
Im 17 (4 month to lisence here)and yes I admit when my mum isn't in the car with me I drive fast to get there fast not to Intimidate people.If there is Trrafic i abide by the rules and C'mon 21 driving age ,yeah i bet when you were young you would have agreed . Oh and max speed was a 120 kph which isn't bad considering the car in question is a super fast Nissan(datsun) sunny :lol:

A lot of those are good ideas but you & Obama are being a little harsh. :P I'm down with raising the legal driving age a tad & making people over a certain age re-take (more realistic) tests every few years though. (everybody should have to retake it, but more often for the elderly) Those two would definitely help clean up the roadways! ..but if they ever cap my speed @ the speed limit I'll move to a different country, haha. Heck, we don't even have traffic-cams out here yet. 👍👍

In my current 2011 Volkswagen Gti I went 110 on one occasion. In my pervious 2008 gti, I went approximately 135 a few different times. I must say going fast is fun but I rarely do it anymore because I lost my license once already and it really is not fun. My 2008 Gli I ha in between the two Gti's I don't think I ever went over 95, granted the engine was fried.

Regarding the GPS in cars thing and capping speeds at the limit...it is one of the most ridiculous ideas that have come out of a president's mind and is a complete violation people's privacy. Just goes to show you how the general public is, often times, willing to throw their rights away in the name of "safety." :rolleyes:

Anyways, everyone speeds. Even cops.

My 1993 Jeep Wrangler: 101mph.

Fastest in any car: 275mph.

Modified top fuel dragster, seated 2, my dad won 2 rides in it - he went first and the driver got it to ~267mph and my run the driver got it to 275mph. That was the most amazing 4 seconds of my life. 👍

Obviously not something I'll ever get to drive myself but it's more than most people have done.

That's a pretty cool job, I must say.

On topic, the fastest I've ever driven in a car is 5 miles an hour over Interstate limits, so 80 or 85 I suppose. Pretty weak, but I don't want tickets and cops are everywhere around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back