FIA clarifies Gran Turismo relationship and future

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 35 comments
The FIA aren’t interested in what cars are used. It’s a drivers series.

The FIA aren’t the commercial owners of the WEC. That’s the ACO.

ACC is based on SRO racing. Which isn’t FIA sanctioned..

Motorsport Games (the publisher/dev) are the ones with the WEC license. Along with BTCC, Indycar & NASCAR. But very little of note has been seen outside of a press release.
I know all these truisms. The FIA is a non-profit private entity. But this is mere formality. To believe this is to reason by metonymous thought, making the theoretical part the perfect representation of reality. Profit interests are built in. And it is obvious that the FIA has commercial interests in the development of the WEC and in the popularization of all modalities, including e-sport. Even FIA officials work together with other sports, under commercial interests. The FIA is a political entity in search of power/control, influence peddling and money. This is the real world, not the world of papers and wikipedias.

PS.: A word of advice: don't succumb to cognitive biases, for example, reasoning in absolute terms, including appealing to the straw man fallacy.

Have a good night, champ.

Last edited:
I know all these truisms. The FIA is a non-profit private entity. But this is mere formality. To believe this is to reason by metonymous thought, making the theoretical part the perfect representation of reality. Profit interests are built in. And it is obvious that the FIA has commercial interests in the development of the WEC and in the popularization of all modalities, including e-sport. Even FIA officials work together with other sports, under commercial interests. The FIA is a political entity in search of power/control, influence peddling and money. This is the real world, not the world of papers and wikipedias.

PS.: A word of advice: don't succumb to cognitive biases, for example, reasoning in absolute terms, including appealing to the straw man fallacy.

Have a good night, champ.
In the real world there was an anti-trust case against the FIA which demanded they gave up all their commercial rights other than F1.

They have technical working groups for regulations. And need to ratify calendars for FIA series. The commercial interests of the WEC are determined solely by the ACO.

In a previous capacity SRO also ran official FIA series. But stepped back from that as they wanted greater autonomy and lower costs.

Do you use this as your argument for PD to cater to your interests alone?
No. Why?

I argue that PD needs to complete single player before worrying about/spending time on vanity projects like FIA-endorsed online stuff.

I’m sure a lot of people who bought GT7 based on what PD was selling it as pre-launch think the same way. The online crowd might not like it, but it is how it is.

Last edited:
No. Why?

I argue that PD needs to complete single player before worrying about/spending time on vanity projects like FIA-endorsed online stuff.

I’m sure a lot of people who bought GT7 based on what PD was selling it as pre-launch think the same way. The online crowd might not like it, but it is how it is.
I know that I certainly bought this game after buying into Yamauchi's lies. I was told it was a return to the roots and the most complete GT yada yada yada.

I expected the return of the GT league, and with the lies that Yamauchi was spinning prior to release I was led to believe it would be on par with GT4's career.

Look how that turned out. We got a ridiculous 'career' in the form of talking heads in a cafe that forced you along the most linear career mode in a Gran Turismo game. This game is a farce, and I will never buy another PD product.

We got a ridiculous 'career' in the form of talking heads in a cafe that forced you along the most linear career mode in a Gran Turismo game. This game is a farce, and I will never buy another PD product.

The heads don't even talk.... They just boble while we endure tacky sms style messages that take 50 button presses to ignore.

These irrelevant characters and their horrible implementation should be a huge embarrassment for the game developer....
Could you imagine at the job interview... "yes I was the guy who programmed Sarah in GT7".
.... "ok. We'll get back to you"

Edit: Hey, we're off topic. And I blame you @John_Marsten!!

Last edited:
Probably the best news since GT7 launch - that the FIA will not get involved until online is fixed

Now PD have to worry about their own image rather than their paying customers. And of course that is the first hint of acknowledgement that there is a problem. Promising!

Back