FIA GT1 Season 3 | Sunday Racing | Final Race: 27th May

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 1,118 comments

What do you want for next season?

• Total voters
Next car is SLS AMG!

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione lol

:D

Well, next car released will be German. After that, the Italian car will be released, and finally, the American car.

DaxCobra
:D

Well, next car released will be German. After that, the Italian car will be released, and finally, the American car.

IT's AFTER 5 O'CLOCK!!

TELL US ALREADY!!!

About to test the new car in a couple of minutes, so if you want to join and get a glimpse of the new car you can.

Sports Softs AND Racing Hards will be used this series.

You will have to use both compounds in a single race, like in F1.

You can start on whatever compound you want, but you have to use the other compound during the race, UNLESS IT RAINS and you use Rain Tyres.

Qualifying will be done on Sports Softs.

Also, a practise lobby is open if anyone wants to have a peak of the new car.

Sports Softs AND Racing Hards will be used this series.

You will have to use both compounds in a single race, like in F1.

You can start on whatever compound you want, but you have to use the other compound during the race, UNLESS IT RAINS and you use Rain Tyres.

Qualifying will be done on Sports Softs.

Is that final?
I really hate this setup in series, it make racing more about strategy then actual racing.
If I wanted strategy I would play chess.
I think you should put this to a vote. My vote is a 3000% NO.

Maybe we should put it to a vote.

Actually scratch that. The reason I wanted to do that was because we are using Racing Inters and Rain tyres in rainy conditions...

I'd prefer one compound, with two you get two groups of racers battling, one on RH one on SS and the racing isn't as close.

You could gain so much just by being the only fast driver to use SS tyres to start with, or vice versa, and spend you're whole race in clean air. 👎

Vantage V12
Ferrari 599
Mercedes SLS AMG

:sly:

Beat Dax to it :D

DaxCobra
Vanquish V12?

Also, 599 isn't confirmed.

Made mistake cause got confused by Vanquish clue thing..

And PLEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEE let the Viper in :D

It sounds orgasmic :drool:

Anyone else want the viper? :(

Dax, if you need help leveling the cars, I can pitch in.

One thing I noticed this season, or last season, was that you didn't quite keep the cars all in line. That may not have been possible because of the weight being so different.

The Corvette is a horrible car stock, but when you tune it, and tune it again, and keep tuning it, you can eventually get it to keep up with the others, if they're not fully tuned. If all the cars were fully tuned, the Corvette wouldn't have a hope last season.

This season, you're going to have to be much more careful with the cars, because some cars have different transmissions (six speed, seven speed). The seven speed, when set up correctly, can be significantly faster and can gain more than an extra second.

I would suggest tuning all cars to what's close to an optimal tune (again, transmission), then leveling them with horsepower.

Last edited:
You accidentally hit post before you were done carracer?

Dax, if you need help leveling the cars, I can pitch in.

One thing I noticed this season, or last season, was that you didn't quite keep the cars all in line. That may not have been possible because of the weight being so different.

The Corvette is a horrible car stock, but when you tune it, and tune it again, and keep tuning it, you can eventually get it to keep up with the others, if they're not fully tuned. If all the cars were fully tuned, the Corvette wouldn't have a hope last season.

This season, you're going to have to be much more careful with the cars, because some cars have different transmissions (six speed, seven speed). The seven speed, when set up correctly, can be significantly faster and can gain more than an extra second.

I would suggest tuning all cars to what's close to an optimal tune (again, transmission), then leveling them with horsepower.

Also, some cars

This season the cars have the same layout, FR, so it should be a lot closer.

The SLS AMG officially joins the line up!!!

With 444BHP and a whopping 64.8KG of torque matched by it's amazing stability, it's certainly going to be a contender for the title.

wsok20.jpg

Back