Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 15:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 16:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 17:00 PST

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
Last nigth I tested the MP4-12C is so powerfull, the turbo gives it an incredible acceleration.

I think it was a little over powered (about 600 hp and 1115 kg) it was a nice feeling.

Probably I'll race one of those next season

DiegoC1980

Take it down to 500hp - 1,300kg. This will be a little closer to what we'll actually run, may actually turn out to 1,325-1,350kg to keep it competitive.

Homologation Protocol

All testing should be done online to ensure physics remain the same.

Pick a track you know and that has a good variety of sections.

In your current season 1 car (tuned as you have it) run a 5 lap race and save replay.

Watch the replay and record your best section times. (This takes out any inconsistency on the driver's part, we're looking for the best performance for the car).

In the same car, put all settings to default (suspension, LSD, etc.) Run another 5 lap race, save replay, record best section times.

Now we have 2 sets of data for your car.

Pick another car from the season 1 list and rinse and repeat above. This will give you some good information and times to shoot for in the new cars.

The section times for your 2 season 1 cars should be pretty close when comparing default to default settings. These times are what you are aiming for. Now, pick a car from the list below and using the same procedure try to get the new car running inside 2/10's of the others times.

Dodge Viper
525HP - 1,315kg - Mediums​
Ferrari 458
500HP - 1,350kg - Mediums (may run hards)​
Jaguar XKR
549HP - 1,360kg - Mediums​
Lotus Evora
471HP - 1,200kg - Mediums​
McLaren MP4
500HP - 1,300kg - Mediums​
Mercedes SLS
500HP - 1,300kg - Mediums​

All cars should have full aero and all parts to reach to the HP max's while trying to use the power limiter as little as possible.

Count on at least dropping a 1/2 second with a good tune. Some of the cars default settings actually felt pretty good, while others (the Jag) need some fine adjustments to cut the times.

So, that's the procedure I will be using in a nutshell. For anyone that gives it a try, let me know what you come up with.

I run the mp4 12c in Jav's GTP FIA GT2 series, and although it's got the same hp as some other cars in the series, but its top end is by far and away the best in the series. 7 gears, turbo and a slippy body ftw! Suffers in cornering though....

@ Tier 2: You should put those cars up for borrowing...

Also, Lexus? Nissan?

Can't use borrowed cars online so the physics may be slightly different.

Ah, the LFA and GT-R, busted. I'm playing with these two now, the LFA desperately needs more downforce. :)

Lexus LFA
525HP - 1,300kg​
Nissan GT-R
500HP - 1,365kg​

I have the viper up for sharing BUT you can't test shared cars online. The physics model it different online and offline. I'm testing cars right now in my lounge.

Is the GTR a Spec V?

Also are season 1 cars staying for the next season too?

Last edited:
Have you thought of adding the Maserati for fun?

I'm testing the LFA right now and I was drifting half of Tokyo on Mediums... Best lap is 1:42.968 so far.

Last edited:
I have the viper up for sharing BUT you can't test shared cars online. The physics model it different online and offline. I'm testing cars right now in my lounge.

Is the GTR a Spec V?

Also are season 1 cars staying for the next season too?

Correct, Spec V.

Yes, we'll keep the season 1 cars available in season 2. There are a few that I'll revise to keep competitive, the Aston for instance could use a little more power. Still on the fence for the Z4 and Mustang. Stormy has done pretty well with the Mustang, but I just don't think it has what it takes for race wins in it's current configuration.

Tier 2 Racing
Correct, Spec V.

Yes, we'll keep the season 1 cars available in season 2. There are a few that I'll revise to keep competitive, the Aston for instance could use a little more power. Still on the fence for the Z4 and Mustang. Stormy has done pretty well with the Mustang, but I just don't think it has what it takes for race wins in it's current configuration.

Ok also are we still enforcing the 205 max speed on the transmission?

What about torque? Just use the system of 'leave turbos until you absolutely need it?' or something like that?

yoman297
What about torque? Just use the system of 'leave turbos until you absolutely need it?' or something like that?

Use as little Power Limiter as possible rule applies.
Like the LFA I'm testing it's all stock except for the Tansmission Clutch Flywheel LSD Suspension and tires.
I'm getting consistent 1:43's and high 1:42's at Tokyo R246.

Ps I see you online join my room so we can test together.

I would've loved to help you out with the homologation but I just got a DFGT wheel and I suck with it. Will be finishing this season with DS3. Hopefully by the start of next season I'll be up to snuff with the wheel. Right now I'm slow as hell with it. Can't even catch the tail when it steps out in 145hp Miata, how sad is that? Tried my GT3 RUF HaHa. I think I'm gonna have to totally retune all the cars in my garage to work with the wheel. Used too trail braking a lot with DS3 but I just can't seem to catch the tail on anything with the wheel. I hope I get better with it as it really is more fun but if I'm not competitive with it online I will be dissapointed.:indiff:

Sorry guys, it looks like I'm going to miss the finale. Gotta go out of town for a few days.

I would've loved to help you out with the homologation but I just got a DFGT wheel and I suck with it. Will be finishing this season with DS3. Hopefully by the start of next season I'll be up to snuff with the wheel. Right now I'm slow as hell with it. Can't even catch the tail when it steps out in 145hp Miata, how sad is that? Tried my GT3 RUF HaHa. I think I'm gonna have to totally retune all the cars in my garage to work with the wheel. Used too trail braking a lot with DS3 but I just can't seem to catch the tail on anything with the wheel. I hope I get better with it as it really is more fun but if I'm not competitive with it online I will be dissapointed.:indiff:

Stick at it. Its a steep learning curve.
Make sure your comfortable, good back support and the wheel on a solid base. I left foot brake so you can feather the brake whilst accelerating :)

Once you master the wheel you'll think twice about going back to the DS3 👍

Last edited:
Yes but also you need to feel the car with your hands and feel the force-feedback. Once you feel the tiniest hint of understeer or tail sliding, start counter-steering. Everyone goes thru the same feeling at first I got my butt kicked my first time trying to drive a GTR on the ring. I felt like it was going to be too much to dive higher powered cars. Just stick with it learn to drift slower/smaller cars early. The drifting will help insanely with catching under/oversteer issues driving faster cars. Also it's a hell of a lot of fun to try every once in awhile.

Last edited:
So quiet anyone find any cars too fast for season 2? my LFA is doing a little better at tokyo with 1:41.993, still doesn't beat my 430. Also the viper on Mediums is at 1:42.438 right now at tokyo.

So quiet anyone find any cars too fast for season 2? my LFA is doing a little better at tokyo with 1:41.993, still doesn't beat my 430. Also the viper on Mediums is at 1:42.438 right now at tokyo.

Been doing initial tests at Tokyo myself. Viper is a little off the pace at
525HP/1,315. Going to bump the power a little and drop it to 1,300kg, see how it does.

The sleeper - go get yourself a Lotus Evora. Running 473HP/1,150kg on mediums, it'll go 1-1.5 seconds faster than the rest. :crazy:

Currently testing in my lobby if anyone is around.

EDIT: Shamefull plug for anyone wanting a little endurance race Sunday.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=210171

I'll give it a shot I really want to dial in this LFA first. Also I'm going to try testing a Nurb GP/f and Fuji speedway. Fuji is to test high speed. Nurb to test slower corners. I might test at autumn ring mini to further testing handling and low speed corners. When I open a room I'll post the number here.

Hey guys, sorry for the late change Saturday, tried to take care of work from home but things got a little sideways and had to go.

So, we still have a season finale to run! Saturday, June 25, 3:30PST. We'll battle it out for the final spots on the championship podium and the manufacturers championship.

Hi Tier 5:30 am start (my time)
Maybe i just watch the race online :)

Trying again to update the darn thing...
Getting into lounge,still waiting...
Jammed.:grumpy:

Last edited:
Sorry to keep you guy's waiting.How long will y'all be there?
Ok thats the third bloody time,I ****ing give up.
Hope the setup for the new car's going well,do let us know your findings.

Last edited:
Had it cleared before but will give it one last shot.Just grabbed a bowl of cereal and I don't eat the stuff unless Im real frustrated.:P
Ah well at least if it dosent work I can catch a V8 supercar race online.:)
It's stalled again.There's no way it's gonna work like this,gonna shut it off for the next few days,check it and get a ethernet cable.:ouch:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back