Formula 1 crypto.com (ugh, really?) Miami Grand Prix 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 360 comments
Hch20Dm.jpeg

This is another guy that has no business being a team leader. Can't control his drivers and gets easily angry and frustrated.

Basically bashing his employer. Strange move when his job is literally a cakewalk.
He's gridwalked for 3 different channels. The trouble with the current grid walks is the insistence the producers seem to have for him interviewing people who don't care. The grid walk was best and Martin was at his best when it was actually about talking to the drivers.

but this event really wasn't that bad of a race. Sorry if Hamilton isn't up at the top and the Ferrari isn't winning every race. And I'm hardly a Verstappen fan. There was passing outside of the DRS zones and that's a decent indicator of a good track in the last 10 years.
I think if they have a couple of extra support races putting down a lot more rubber on the track the racing will already improve. Add a few meters to the DRS zones to make them actually work, the cars already can get close to each other. And we saw 3 wide racing. Get rid of the silly fake beach and marina, put in big stands with seats normal people can afford.

It needs some tuning here and there, but as a new track it has potential.

I think if they have a couple of extra support races putting down a lot more rubber on the track the racing will already improve. Add a few meters to the DRS zones to make them actually work, the cars already can get close to each other. And we saw 3 wide racing. Get rid of the silly fake beach and marina, put in big stands with seats normal people can afford.

It needs some tuning here and there, but as a new track it has potential.
Or have Florida Man LeMons races before hand.

The Brundle/Mahomes moment is the main media talking point here today. Went viral in America via Barstool.

Yes, but with the fattest tyres possible.
This is Florida you are talking about. You could probably get a bro-dozer race if you really wanted to put down rubber. The problem is they may not be able to navigate a few laps.

Are you seriously trying to say Haas is being well run? Look where they are running.
Depends. Do you feel Williams and Aston Martin need to fire their team leaders and everyone on the team?

Depends. Do you feel Williams and Aston Martin need to fire their team leaders and everyone on the team?

They are obviously in a rebuilding period. Haas has only gone backward. Latifi needs to go though ASAP.

Last edited:
They are obviously in a rebuilding period. Haas has only gone backward. Latifi needs to go though ASAP.
And Haas is taking advantage early in the season while everyone is trying to assess how their cars are performing. When they fielded a full rookie lineup it was a horrible look so at least they have tried to correct that egregious error.

Haas rolled out their 2021 car and then didn't develop it at all, THE ENTIRE YEAR. They put all of their resources into developing the 2022 car. That decision was ridiculed last year but turns out it was the right one. Now they have a decent car with a good driver in Magnusen and Mick will score points soon. Haas has more points than Williams and Aston Martin COMBINED so far and Aston Martin's budget is a hell of a lot bigger than Haas's budget. That's not going backwards my friend.

Last edited:
Well TBH I'm with @Magog on the Haas management thing (and Latifi)... I think Steiner hasn't been the best leader ! I'm surprised Gene has let him continue for this long. I know they have hit the ground running this year, but just so many questionable decisions throughout their entire time in F1... For me about the only thing they have got right recently is bringing back Magnussen !

And if I were part of Williams management I would be questioning Latifi too, he's been miles away from Albon !
(and dare I say it, but I would almost say the same for Mick too, he really should be closer to Kevin ? But I guess we could almost treat Mick as a rookie because he was driving such a dog last year, but if the same gap remains by the end of the year... I don't know, I don't want to say it but I would be questioning him too)

Last edited:
Well TBH I'm with @Magog on the Haas management thing (and Latifi)... I think Steiner hasn't been the best leader ! I'm surprised Gene has let him continue for this long. I know they have hit the ground running this year, but just so many questionable decisions throughout their entire time in F1... For me about the only thing they have got right recently is bringing back Magnussen !

And if I were part of Williams management I would be questioning Latifi too, he's been miles away from Albon !
(and dare I say it, but I would almost say the same for Mick too, he really should be closer to Kevin ? But I guess we could almost treat Mick as a rookie because he was driving such a dog last year, but if the same gap remains by the end of the year... I don't know, I don't want to say it but I would be questioning him too)

I think if Albon was given more of a chance at Red Bull he would have several wins under his belt by now. He's a helluva racer. Magnusson I think is probably at least on par with Kimi at the top of his form and he had tons of experience under his belt.

Last edited:
So what's the consensus for this track? Are they ditching COTA for Vegas next year? or is Miami just a one off?

I keep seeing Vegas floating around as a track next year.

So what's the consensus for this track? Are they ditching COTA for Vegas next year? or is Miami just a one off?

I keep seeing Vegas floating around as a track next year.
COTA's sticking around for 4 more years. This was apparently given a 10 year deal. I don't know if they've shared how long Vegas will be on the schedule.
Formula One has a new five-year contract with Circuit of the Americas to keep the U.S. Grand Prix at the Texas track through 2026, the racing series' governing body announced Friday.
The contract also keeps at least two F1 races in the U.S. through 2026. The Miami Grand Prix will start a 10-year race contract in May. Montreal in June and Mexico City in October round out the series’ four races in North America.

Which, now that we're discussing it, I've seen a couple stories about how the Miami event might have fallen short of expectations for some. Apparently, mainly for the elite, a lot of the hospitality was not up to par & reports that some sponsors may not return next year. In addition, it was shared that the hospitality was handled locally rather than by FOM & some shared that service workers were being denied tips which could have very well resulted in poor hospitality.

Last edited:
I think if Albon was given more of a chance at Red Bull he would have several wins under his belt by now.
That would require Red Bull to...well, basically not be Red Bull, because it would require them to give less favoritism to Verstappen.

Albon himself basically admitted this weekend that he didn't fully appreciate his situation at Red Bull, and was not anywhere good enough to be a contender. The year out of the sport, and his time with Williams so far has allowed him to further improve himself as both a person and a driver.

That would require Red Bull to...well, basically not be Red Bull, because it would require them to give less favoritism to Verstappen.

Albon himself basically admitted this weekend that he didn't fully appreciate his situation at Red Bull, and was not anywhere good enough to be a contender. The year out of the sport, and his time with Williams so far has allowed him to further improve himself as both a person and a driver.

He could have done the same improvement at Red Bull.

He could have done the same improvement at Red Bull.
Considering how insanely results-driven Red Bull is (which was established during the Vettel/Webber era), that was never going to happen.

Last edited:
They will never win another championship unless they get rid of Ricciardo (possibly the most overrated driver in the history of F1), Norris stops making absolutely bone headed mistakes like the one he did in this race running into the side of another car when there was a massive amount of room for him to pass, they get rid of Zak Brown who is a weak an ineffective leader, and they are basically bought out by Audi. They have been an also ran since Mercades realized they could do better without them.
facepalm.gif

It's almost as if driving for a midfield team with a terrible team mate and getting good results makes you look like a better driver than driving for a top team with the best driver on the grid and getting abysmal results.

Verstappen got 10/17 podiums in 2020, while Albon only got two. But Albon totally would've regularly beaten Verstappen, Hamilton and Bottas in 2021. You can tell he would by the way he's currently destroying Latifi (the second best Canadian driver on the grid!!).

Last edited:
Back