Formula 1 crypto.com (ugh, really?) Miami Grand Prix 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 360 comments
Everything about this gp screams "trying way too hard." Miami is overrated like any other big city out there.

Southeast Florida is the best place to live in America if you like warm water, sunny days and wild nights. 😎

Eat it pasta boys

maxlolava3iljq.png

"We needed something to happen here and then the safety car came out"

Danica giving us the real thoughts of the presenters.

An absolute farce from the very beginning and will continue to be a farce as any website or account that reports on F1 will tell us how amazing, awesome and utterly fantastic the first ever Grand Prix in... wait for it... the United States of America. The America!

Can you believe it?! They actually went there and had a race!

So crypto.com is also a sponsor of Aston Martin? I guess we have them to thank for the name. Reminds me of the .com boom and the awful sponsorships back then.

In many ways, this race represents everything Liberty Media are doing wrong. A flash, new circuit very poorly suited to the current cars with a track surface that keeps breaking up, but it has "character" being a "street" circuit built around a stadium with a fake marina in Miami of all places; a sea of celebrities who couldn't care less about F1 and have nothing of value to add but of course get the kind of access and experience any F1 fan would dream of; endless cheesy gimmicks, always involving sucking up to other sports, in a way that is never reciprocated; and at the end of the day, an actual race that was average at best but got lucky with a late safety car that injected a bit of energy, which was mostly missed by the awful camera work.

Miami... meh. Definitely better than Imola. Also, all the spectacle is another reminder how much I detest Florida.

I fear Ferrari is starting to trend back its usual fading as the season goes along. Not sure what happened with Perez but if that's more RB unreliability, that may be Ferrari's saving grace.

Mercedes, I don't think whatever they brought did much good. They were still the best also-rans just as before.

I have to look at what happened with Mick again but that seemed more like that was on Vettel turning in when Mick already established himself on the inside. Alonso, though, that was just poor judgment.

How did Albon score points again?

Boy, a bad weekend for McLaren.

Miami... meh. Definitely better than Imola. Also, all the spectacle is another reminder how much I detest Florida.

I fear Ferrari is starting to trend back its usual fading as the season goes along. Not sure what happened with Perez but if that's more RB unreliability, that may be Ferrari's saving grace.

Mercedes, I don't think whatever they brought did much good. They were still the best also-rans just as before.

I have to look at what happened with Mick again but that seemed more like that was on Vettel turning in when Mick already established himself on the inside. Alonso, though, that was just poor judgment.

How did Albon score points again?

Boy, a bad weekend for McLaren.

Perez just drove poorly. His mechanical problem only lasted like 2 laps. Couldn't even make up places with fresh softer tires on a restart. Embarrassing.

Also have to add another problem: tires are lasting too long. All the talk about being a two stop and George, for all we know, could've finished the entire race on the hards.

Gonna keep pushing this but all tires should be required to be used in a race.

Also have to add another problem: tires are lasting too long. All the talk about being a two stop and George, for all we know, could've finished the entire race on the hards.

Gonna keep pushing this but all tires should be required to be used in a race.

Awful idea. I would like it if they brought back refueling. The cars could be lighter, smaller, faster and alternate strategies would actually make sense. I want to see overtaking on track not in the pits.

Difficult to stay positive after this race. McLaren collected zero points, and the ailing senior dog I'm looking after lacked the strength and mobility to not #1, 2, and whatever number vomit is. It was all the every numbers!

Difficult to stay positive after this race. McLaren collected zero points, and the ailing senior dog I'm looking after lacked the strength and mobility to not #1, 2, and whatever number vomit is. It was all the every numbers!
Just give up on Mclaren, bro. They have an awful car.

Back