Formula 1 crypto.com (ugh, really?) Miami Grand Prix 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 360 comments
When Perez (briefly) got past Sainz, it sounded suspiciously like canned audience noise added to the live F1 footage.

I know they use it for replays, but fake live audience noise is something the sport could live without.

Still, it did wake me up a bit.

Last edited:
When Perez (briefly) got past Sainz, it sounded suspiciously like canned audience noise added to the live F1 footage.

I know they use it for replays, but fake live audience noise is something the sport could live without.

Not sure if it's fake. I think they just turn up the audience-facing microphones

They did it for live footage at Bahrain too.

Stewards for a while kept saying Magnussen was under investigation for Schumacher hitting Vettel.

This has been some of the worst coverage I've experienced. The cameras are missing every yellow flag and collision but they're hot on showing random celebrities looking bored out of their skull, and then Crofty doesn't appear to be paying the slightest bit of attention and keeps mattering on with Ted.

Yeah I know he's the wrong color but at the same time somebody should be in Brundle's ear to tell him who these people are.
The programme director normally does, don't they? At least, they used to before.

Looks like someone forgot to poke the hole out of the 'A' in the big green MIAMI sign in Parc Ferme...

Fail Tom Hiddleston GIF

They should be ignored all together. There are enough people walking on the grid who actually have something useful to say.
The gridwalk was a great novelty when it first started. You'd hear more from team bosses like Alain Prost or Eddie Jordan, gain a little insight into what Häkkinen or Schumacher were thinking or even hear from a retired driver like Gerhard Berger or Derek Warwick. It was actually relevant and contributed to the race. Formula One people being interviewed about Formula One at a Formula One race.

Brundle is still great, of course, but he's 'instructed' whom to interview. Time to scrap it. These absolute nobodies don't contribute zero, they're actually a negative. I don't know what the directors and management who pursue this style of broadcasting got for this bright idea but it should have been 3-5 years.

Back