Formula 1 Pirelli United States Grand Prix 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 91 comments
Absolutely, Max well deserves a penalty for forcing another driver off the track.

'You drove hard for that,' says Horner. Yep, that hard he didn't know where the track was....

So that's going to be two illegitimate WDC's for Max now after today? Even the most hard core Max cannot deny the clear bias that the stewards have for Max now. I have no desire to watch anymore races this season now after such a disgusting display of stewarding.

MSZ
Like 2021, the championship chase is scripted for TV ratings and Netflix. WWE style.
But then they wouldn't have let the leader increase the gap, would they? Keeping their most important man and team happy is more important.

Bottas is now 23rd in the standings, ooof.
And Colapinto has overtaken Ocon already.

I hope he can get that second Sauber seat next year. May not be a great car, but it would be good to keep driving in F1 until a better seat becomes available

Last edited:
Did we get a replay of what happened with Lewis?
There was one in the beginning. He lost it I believe somewhere in or after the S section. It seemed a bit odd. Toto just now said it was the car.
George got one against Valtteri even though George stayed on track. Doesn't look consistent.
I think the difference is who was doing the passing. I figured Lando would get a penalty for that. Overtaking off the track will usually get a penalty.

The Driving Standards Guidelines provide that when overtaking on the inside the driver must not force the other car off the track and must leave a fair and acceptable width for the car being overtaken. That did not occur on this occasion.
... say the stewards when giving a five-second penalty.

To Pierre Gasly.

And to George Russell.

And to Yuki Tsunoda.

Last edited:
Stoked Liam got points on his first race back !! Wasn't expecting that starting from back of the grid... Really was just hoping he had a solid clean race... Almost proved in just one race that Ricciardo was given too many chances (I'm a bit biased though).

Colapinto showing that Albon isn't actually doing that great ... And that Sargeant was given about a year long than he should've got.

And Max, well what can you say ? I hope one day he actually leaves some racing room for a good fair fight !! It's no wonder penalties are handed out for overtaking outside track limits, that's where Max forces everyone to race !!
(McLaren should've made a better call to make Lando give the place back, it was obvious they were going to get penalised regardless of whether or not Max pushed him out)

McLaren need to keep an eye on Ferrari catching them in the Constructors. They lost 27 points to the Scuderia this weekend, reducing the gap between them to 48.

When Max wins the title this year, he's likely to become only the third driver since the start of the Constructors Championship to win the Drivers title in a car that finished outside the top 2 of the Constructors, the other two being Rosberg in 1982's 4th placed Williams and Piquet in 1983's 3rd placed Brabham. Honourable mention to Alonso for coming within 5 points of the 2012 title in the 3rd placed Ferrari.

They really didn't. George noted the car took a step backwards, & the Sprint proved that he was over taken quite easily and there was a moment it looked like Lewis might have closed up on him. Their car was barely top 5 capable this weekend.
It doesn't matter if their car took a 'step backwards', and the sprint race has nothing to do with a 1 lap pole shootout. Both Mercedes drivers were screwed over this weekend in different areas and times. Their team needs to return to the winning mentality, not this current 'experimental' set up crap during Q3. I've lost count the number of times Hamilton was ahead every practice and qualifying, only for Q3 to be half a second behind due to changes to the car.

Back