Formula 1 in GT6

• Thread starter TheRaikko
  • 357 comments
Thought it was the Mp4-20 from 2005.
It is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, the FGT is closest to the R24, with a few obvious changes, like the nose.
Fernando_Alonso_2004_Canada.jpg

Aren't those the orange McLarens from 2009? I heard they McLaren Mercedes might go back to that scheme..

Orange is McLaren's historic colour. Of course the sponsorship has changed the colours over the years, Red/White for Marlboro>Silver/Black Mercedes>Silver/Red for Vodafone and Mercedes.
However McLaren have been using Orange for their test cars in recent years during the pre season. I heard that they might go back to Red and White in 2015, partly for nostalgic reasons and partly because they are Honda's racing colours.

Orange is McLaren's historic colour. Of course the sponsorship has changed the colours over the years, Red/White for Marlboro>Silver/Black Mercedes>Silver/Red for Vodafone and Mercedes.
However McLaren have been using Orange for their test cars in recent years during the pre season. I heard that they might go back to Red and White in 2015, partly for nostalgic reasons and partly because they are Honda's racing colours.
I thought honda was black and white as saucer was in 2011?

I thought honda was black and white as saucer was in 2011?

Don't know what you mean by 'saucer', I presume its a typo? But the Honda colours seem to be a combination of White with Red and Black stripes and depending on the vehicle they have varying amounts of red and black!

It looks more like an RB6 to me, look at the rear end, that big oval part on the RB6 where the air is supposed to go out it match exactly Formula Reiza shape. And the side wings where the RB6 feature the "Rauch" logo and Formula Reiza "Mobil1" logo, looks exactly the same. And those characteristic "horns" over the nose used to direct air flow, Formula Reiza have exactly the same. STR5 horns are slightly different, more smooth, STR5 don't have the big oval part on rear end side wings are slightly differnt.

Another thing I noticed the photo you posted cars were always different, but the model is the same. Mirrors were placed on the side, than because of regulation placed near the driver. Also slightly different front wing on RB6 near the "TOTAL" logo. That's why is impossible to consider only one configuration of the car, since the same car change during the season.

I agree with that, not sure why it took you so long to say so. Obviously it has the be based on one static version of the car since of the top of my head the car changes in China, Bahrain (Turkey before it was taken off), Canada, Italy, Singapore. And with as many changes RBR make it's obviously more. Also the STR5 has the same engine cover as the RBR with a big ducting in the back for air flow, the RBR (as explained) had a smaller one during different times of the year than the "fictional rendition"

Ok, back to the original point. As you can see is not the first time someone in sim racing industry use real car shapes with fictional names to bypass copyright issues. Another example is Porsche. About a year ago their lawers publicy asked Enduracers Mod Group to not release their Porsche Cup mod. We all know how annoying Porsche can be but this didn't stop Enduracers, some months ago they did it, removed Porsche logo, changed name and released it. Yes, the shape is exactly the same.

Yeah and I proved you can do that already, the example I gave you before all this crap was GTA. Rockstar are the biggest group to circumvent such things to have realistic looking real world cars, without the license. Problem is PD most likely don't want to bring in cars that they can't fully model correctly only to have people like me and other shoot flak at them. I rather them not pull bs and add cars that aren't modeled correctly. Also I believe some many years ago it was PD making the claim they had to remove them and the Porsche, but you seem to think PD are cheating us by not using the loop hole.

Like PD or not they have a foot hole in the automotive world with these games and going around companies to put forth cars that theoretically they shouldn't have will hurt them. IF PD had lied and said that the GT3 F1 cars weren't actually the cars they claimed to be, things might have been different.

Don't know what you mean by 'saucer', I presume its a typo? But the Honda colours seem to be a combination of White with Red and Black stripes and depending on the vehicle they have varying amounts of red and black!
Sorry, was in a rush... Definitely meant Sauber. However, they are mostly now a flat Grey

Thanks to Amar for the find, Sony have confirmed the first Team Lotus car to feature in GT6:

1985 Lotus type 97T - Senna’s First GP Win

Team Lotus manufactured four type 97T chassis for the 1985 season. Classic Team Lotus retains chassis number 2 in the private Works collection

Ayrton Senna raced this actual car to victory in the 1985 Portuguese GP at Estoril. He drove a brilliant race in atrociously wet conditions to score his first Grand Prix win. For Team Lotus it was the first Grand Prix victory since the death of its founder, Colin Chapman, in 1982.

While Ayrton said his best lap was at Donington in 1993, he considered his fantastic drive in this Lotus 97T/2 to be his best ever race performance, especially as it was without traction control.

Senna drove more than 6,000 miles in chassis 2 during the season. He used it in qualifying to secure pole position in Portugal, San Marino and the USA. He raced it in Brazil, Portugal, San Marino, Monaco, Canada and the USA.

The carbon fibre chassis is very light and very stiff. The car weighs only 540 kg and the 1,500 cc turbo charged Renault engine produces more than 1,000 horsepower. The resultant power to weight ratio is about 20 times that of a normal production road car. (Not a Lotus, of course!).

With the enthusiastic and generous support of Renault Sport, Classic Team Lotus completed returning 97T/2 to running condition in 2003. Since then it is demonstrated occasionally at events such as the Goodwood Festival of Speed - driven by Bruno Senna - and the Renault World Series, driven by Martin Donnelly.

Classic Team Lotus Team Manager, Chris Dinnage, was a number one mechanic for Ayrton and was on 97T/2 at Estoril on that famous day in 1985.

I agree with that, not sure why it took you so long to say so. Obviously it has the be based on one static version of the car since of the top of my head the car changes in China, Bahrain (Turkey before it was taken off), Canada, Italy, Singapore. And with as many changes RBR make it's obviously more. Also the STR5 has the same engine cover as the RBR with a big ducting in the back for air flow, the RBR (as explained) had a smaller one during different times of the year than the "fictional rendition"

Yeah and I proved you can do that already, the example I gave you before all this crap was GTA. Rockstar are the biggest group to circumvent such things to have realistic looking real world cars, without the license. Problem is PD most likely don't want to bring in cars that they can't fully model correctly only to have people like me and other shoot flak at them. I rather them not pull bs and add cars that aren't modeled correctly. Also I believe some many years ago it was PD making the claim they had to remove them and the Porsche, but you seem to think PD are cheating us by not using the loop hole.

Like PD or not they have a foot hole in the automotive world with these games and going around companies to put forth cars that theoretically they shouldn't have will hurt them. IF PD had lied and said that the GT3 F1 cars weren't actually the cars they claimed to be, things might have been different.
We are going way too far now Imho. I'm not sure those GT3 F1 cars could have such an impact in nowdays relationships.

After making clear fictional cars featuring 99,9% bodyshape of real cars are not rare at all in sim racing, I would like to bring back discussion on "more formula cars" regardless if they are fictional or not. Because? Because I like car list to be balanced, the more different experiences the better.

GT6 need at least on race model (no matter if fictional or not) of all the major motorsport disciplines around the world. Look at pCars car list, that's what they did. Not my favourite brands but their carlist makes a LOT of sense. They have at least 1 model for each discipline.

No need for F1 cars in GT6, if you want to play F1, buy F1 2013 from Codemasters then :P

It seems your somewhat joking which is fine obviously, but GT should be doing more to have F1 in the game along with other top tier motorsports like they use to strive for. The idea that they're all about driving now and trying not to do so much racing even though they maintained WRC, Nascar and started putting more work toward Pikes peak cars not seen since GT2 tell us otherwise.

We are going way too far now Imho. I'm not sure those GT3 F1 cars could have such an impact in nowdays relationships.

After making clear fictional cars featuring 99,9% bodyshape of real cars are not rare at all in sim racing, I would like to bring back discussion on "more formula cars" regardless if they are fictional or not. Because? Because I like car list to be balanced, the more different experiences the better.

And no one is disagreeing and not asking for a balanced car list, you seem to be getting far off track. I only commented because you seem to be saying from the get go that PD are lying to us about having F1 cars. Problem is they aren't lying and we know how old school PD are about obtaining cars and perfecting them, so the idea that they are going to take more or a grid full of F1 cars, then circumvent teams that own them and then change a bit here and there just to have them wont happen.

Obviously PD think adding such things as the X cars is there way of giving us a version of F1 not seen before or ever to be. We already know why T10 got their car and I too want F1 cars but to say PD isn't doing anything or to make the claims you made on the subject is wrong.

GT6 need at least on race model (no matter if fictional or not) of all the major motorsport disciplines around the world. Look at pCars car list, that's what they did. Not my favourite brands but their carlist makes a LOT of sense. They have at least 1 model for each discipline.

I've played (no longer though)the alpha of pCars, I've talked about it and know well enough, the problem with your PCars example is that the game was is in testing phase and the cars that they don't have a license for are going to disappear as SMS have said (R18 for example). They worked hard to license deals made with many big manufactures, so obviously they too aren't about doing it with out a deal of some kind.

Last edited:
And no one is disagreeing and not asking for a balanced car list, you seem to be getting far off track. I only commented because you seem to be saying from the get go that PD are lying to us about having F1 cars. Problem is they aren't lying and we know how old school PD are about obtaining cars and perfecting them, so the idea that they are going to take more or a grid full of F1 cars, then circumvent teams that own them and then change a bit here and there just to have them wont happen.

Obviously PD think adding such things as the X cars is there way of giving us a version of F1 not seen before or ever to be. We already know why T10 got their car and I too want F1 cars but to say PD isn't doing anything or to make the claims you made on the subject is wrong.
No what I said in earlier posts is: It's possible to bypass copyright issues using real life car shape and change the name of the car. It has been proved to be possible.

Now, PD not wanting to go that route is a different matter.
I've played (no longer though)the alpha of pCars, I've talked about it and know well enough, the problem with your PCars example is that the game was is in testing phase and the cars that they don't have a license for are going to disappear as SMS have said (R18 for example). They worked hard to license deals made with many big manufactures, so obviously they too aren't about doing it with out a deal of some kind.
Correct, but they are removing Audi cars because they were trying to arrange a deal since the beginning. Audi obviously do know the Asano is 100% based on Audi R18.

Highly unlikely we will ever see anything near to a full F1 grid within a GT game, so that leaves us with the situation of having a few F1 cars from different era's with vastly different performance.

Racing competitively would mean selecting from just a couple of the fastest cars as all the other older cars would be far too slow to compete.

Much better to get an affordable licence to a spec open wheel series that means modelling one car then adding a full grid of liveries. A full grid of GP2, GP3, or Renault 3.5 makes much more sense.

Highly unlikely we will ever see anything near to a full F1 grid within a GT game, so that leaves us with the situation of having a few F1 cars from different era's with vastly different performance.

Racing competitively would mean selecting from just a couple of the fastest cars as all the other older cars would be far too slow to compete.

Much better to get an affordable licence to a spec open wheel series that means modelling one car then adding a full grid of liveries. A full grid of GP2, GP3, or Renault 3.5 makes much more sense.
Right but you can also use one model and go for one make races + a full grid of liveries like they did with Formula GT.

Look at this
http://www.virtualr.net/brabham-masters-series-2010-released
Looks pretty neat to me.

One make races are great with formula cars.

No what I said in earlier posts is: It's possible to bypass copyright issues using real life car shape and change the name of the car. It has been proved to be possible.

Actually you talked about how the FGT should be removed to if the F1 cars from Gt3 were a license issue, which I proved wasn't true, that was my issue. I should have to go back and quote it.

Now, PD not wanting to go that route is a different matter.
Correct, but they are removing Audi cars because they were trying to arrange a deal since the beginning. Audi obviously do know the Asano is 100% based on Audi R18.

Yes but the game isn't being sold to the mass public and since the deal wasn't made it doesn't change the fact that the cars aren't going to be in the final product. Thus there isn't an issue. The people running these cars are in testing and a contract between SMS. Also they not too long ago put in their own fictional LMP1 car that will most likely replace the R18. And since pcars isn't that highly known about outside the sim racing community that may play into it for Audi not acting.

Back