Formula 1 Qatar Airways Austrian Grand Prix 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 154 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The second race of the European Triple-Header is a Sprint weekend, as the current Championship leaders Red Bull head to the circuit they rebuilt and have run strong at in recent years. The hilly layout with only 10 "official" corners has been a real gem in the last decade, as three consecutive DRS zones have produced some incredibly racing at one of the easiest tracks to overtake on. Red Bull's stint at the top is looking increasingly threatened at the moment by McLaren, as Ferrari and now Mercedes too are all much closer to Verstappen at least. Can any of them topple Max, or will he keep winning in both the races this weekend? We will find out at the AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX!
1719303992531.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
4.318 km

Race Distance
306.452 km

Lap Record
1:05.619 Carlos Sainz (2020)​

Ric out in sprint qualy Q1. Just get Lawson in the seat.
Logie Bear makes it through, Albon doesn't!

Last edited:
Oh yeah. Sprint qualifying. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet... was confused for a second. Almost as confusing as seeing Sergio and Logan making it into Q2. 😅

edit: Wow, the stands are packed. Nice to see.

Last edited:
Sheesh, all that dawdling. I know it's 'only' for a sprint race, but jeez. Gogogo!

edit: Looked like no lap for Charles?

Last edited:
I want to say that Perez prep lap was not good considering they were all rushing at the end but yeah, he's been consistently at least half a second slower than Max so far this weekend.
Red Bull must really be scratching their heads with that one and it will look even worse if at the end of the season they get beat to the WCC title.

Oh yeah. Sprint qualifying. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet... was confused for a second. Almost as confusing as seeing Sergio and Logan making it into Q2. 😅

edit: Wow, the stands are packed. Nice to see.
Sprint effect. Stands like that will have more GP wanting sprints.

Like Brundle says, they're better than practice sessions.

I had higher hopes for this sprint and based on how this played out, this race might not be as exciting as I am hoping for 😕....everyone just held position.

I had higher hopes for this sprint and based on how this played out, this race might not be as exciting as I am hoping for 😕....everyone just held position.
I always feel like they're all afraid to damage the car. But yeah, besides the battle for P2 there wasn't much happening.

Whoops, I missed all the sprint stuff. I was focused on the right side of the table on the f1 site. Oh well.

Sprint race highlights:

Last edited:
The Sprint was proven to be a **** race format once again. No one wants to risk their car for a small amount of points when qualifying is just a few hours afterwards.

Last edited:
Wow, Max up by 0.4, and Charles playing tractor. Stoked for both McLarens.

Aaand right before I hit 'Post reply', Oscar gets his lap deleted. 😤

Latest Posts

Back