Formula 1 Rolex Belgian Grand Prix 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 170 comments
Max hasn't won a race in a while now and he's finished 5th for 3rd time now this season all while still extending his championship lead as expected which is why I think he will still be champion this year....the constructors is definitely not guaranteed for them with McLaren closing them down more. Honestly to see the red bull domination end to this extent....I'm quite pleased with the state of affairs right now. Maybe this set of regulations need to go on for 2 more years so we can see more of those close battles and not really knowing who is going to win it.

Perez simply can't fall into a deeper pit even if he tried; he's now 8th in the championship, with Alonso being some 100 points back. :lol:

Checo: I qualified 2nd, stayed in the points, & scored fastest lap. So, I'm staying, yes?

Marko: You went from 2nd to 8th behind all the other top cars....

What race did you watch? Did you accidentally have the 2023 race on replay or something? That was a tense exciting race the whole way through. You don't need passes (of which there were a good few) or crashes to make a good race.
My guys not being in the mix as much as I'd have liked made it kinda dull. Lots of DRS trains, though I'm glad Kemmel isn't easy pickings.

Apparently Russell could be under investigation because his car might be underweight.

Last edited:
Checo: I qualified 2nd, stayed in the points, & scored fastest lap. So, I'm staying, yes?

Marko: You went from 2nd to 8th behind all the other top cars....
I was just kidding, honestly.
perez.webp

Falling back in a race where overtaking in the top 10 was all but impossible is also a skill.

Edit.

And that's the win for Lewis. Back to back wins and you're leaving for a team going backwards again.

Last edited:
Falling back in a race where overtaking in the top 10 was all but impossible is also a skill.

Edit.

And that's the win for Lewis. Back to back wins and you're leaving for a team going backwards again.
Nothing confirmed yet. Though it is likely. Wonder if every car will get weighed now, nk safety car, no VSC for fuel saving, no in lap to collect rubber. I'd be surprised if George is the only underweight car.

Nothing confirmed yet. Though it is likely. Wonder if every car will get weighed now, nk safety car, no VSC for fuel saving, no in lap to collect rubber. I'd be surprised if George is the only underweight car.
I've seen it reported every car made weight & have been released. The latest FIA report is a request to Mercedes to come see them.

So F1 race fuel has a density (at whatever the track temperature is) of ~535g/litre?!

Regular pump fuel is ~750g/litre...

Team LH doing what they do best saying that the only reason George could keep Lewis behind him was because he was underweight…

Edit.

its not that hes leaving as much as merc didnt really want him anymore.

Are drivers required to go into pit lane backwards after the flag at Spa or can they take an extra lap? Might have helped Russell pick up rubber on his tires.

Well, that's a massive blow for Russell. Could have gone on the summer break on a high but now it will be a bitter disappointment. He drove really well and truly earned himself that win. Both him and Lewis is a 10-10 in my book for that race. I didn't think they'd be in the running at all and was looking forward to see how McLaren fares against Max and Red Bull whom I thought was just going to make relatively quick work of the field at this race but that was not the case at all. Other than Piastry really showing something, I don't feel like Red bull were that competitive and Norris once again failing to capitalize.

That aside, I have to say Piastri is quickly becoming one of the top drivers to watch for me. I think he'll for sure outclass and outshine Lando in the future.

Are drivers required to go into pit lane backwards after the flag at Spa or can they take an extra lap? Might have helped Russell pick up rubber on his tires.
I think they established that a while ago because the lap at Spa is too long.

That's a really bad break for George. At most tracks, he might've been okay because of going off track and picking up enough rubber bits to add extra weight.
Well, that's a massive blow for Russell. Could have gone on the summer break on a high but now it will be a bitter disappointment. He drove really well and truly earned himself that win. Both him and Lewis is a 10-10 in my book for that race. I didn't think they'd be in the running at all and was looking forward to see how McLaren fares against Max and Red Bull whom I thought was just going to make relatively quick work of the field at this race but that was not the case at all. Other than Piastry really showing something, I don't feel like Red bull were that competitive and Norris once again failing to capitalize.

That aside, I have to say Piastri is quickly becoming one of the top drivers to watch for me. I think he'll for sure outclass and outshine Lando in the future.

I think they established that a while ago because the lap at Spa is too long.
Looked to me that dirty air was a serious issue and tire wear was too low. As such, drivers like Max/Lando who were deeper in the field couldn't really climb up. On the other hand, that likely kept Charles near the front much longer than expected.

Looked to me that dirty air was a serious issue and tire wear was too low. As such, drivers like Max/Lando who were deeper in the field couldn't really climb up. On the other hand, that likely kept Charles near the front much longer than expected.
I'm not discounting that but looking at the overall pace of the top 8 drivers, if I'm not mistaken only Lewis, Russell, Piastri, Norris and Sainz have managed to make an overtake on someone else on track based on pace and not because of pit stops/undercuts -
Lewis > Charles
Russell > Perez
Piastri > Perez and Charles
Norris > Perez
Sainz > Perez
I'm not including the one for Max on Perez because clearly Perez just let him passed. I'm also not including Lewis on Perez because that was at the start of the race
Going off that alone, I say the Mercs and Mclarens were definitely the faster cars and the Red bulls did not have the pace.....especially in the hand of Perez.

I'm not discounting that but looking at the overall pace of the top 8 drivers, if I'm not mistaken only Lewis, Russell, Piastri, Norris and Sainz have managed to make an overtake on someone else on track based on pace and not because of pit stops/undercuts -
Lewis > Charles
Russell > Perez
Piastri > Perez and Charles
Norris > Perez
Sainz > Perez
I'm not including the one for Max on Perez because clearly Perez just let him passed. I'm also not including Lewis on Perez because that was at the start of the race
Going off that alone, I say the Mercs and Mclarens were definitely the faster cars and the Red bulls did not have the pace.....especially in the hand of Perez.
You realize most of those overtakes were on Perez which... well, I'll be easy and not beat a man while he's down. Also, Hamilton was roughly just under a second faster than George and he couldn't even mount a challenge. Max's advantage over everyone else seemed to be in that range which probably would've been enough in any other year. Max did mention post-race their tire deg wasn't good enough to try what George did, so there could be merit in saying that RB's pace would've kept them within reach even without the grid penalties. RB certainly aren't the dominant force they have been, which may not matter much for the driver's championship but the constructors...

Personally, I'd like for Perez to stay because that would make the rest of the season a lot more interesting.

Back