Forza Horizon 4 - Colour Creation Database (CONSTANT WORK IN PROGRESS) *READ FIRST POST*

• Thread starter Mitcho2001
  • 4,353 comments

McLaren Cerberus Pearl: Which Version Should be Added to the Spreadsheet?

• JaCor653: Base - 0.72 L, 0.71 L, 0.97 R/Highlight - 0.11 L, 1.00 R, 0.96 R (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Mitcho2001: Base - 0.63 R, 0.65 L, 0.98 R/Highlight - 0.08 R, 1.00 R, 0.99 L (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Back with another request. Desert Sunset. Used on the 2002 Hummer H1 10th Anniversary Edition. PPG code is 58315. Again, thank you all for the hard work. It has to take a lot of time and patience to do this, and it's much appreciated.

Back with another request. Desert Sunset. Used on the 2002 Hummer H1 10th Anniversary Edition. PPG code is 58315. Again, thank you all for the hard work. It has to take a lot of time and patience to do this, and it's much appreciated.
I think I have reference pictures for that so I’ll see what I can do :)

Also, I’d like to say that the goal here is to make every single car manufacturer color in existence, so eventually every color will be done. While some may not be done already or on the chart, just know that they are coming either by me or @JaCor653 or @Mitcho2001 :) If a color hasn’t been requested it doesn’t mean it isn’t coming because there are colors that I haven’t personally gotten around to doing yet but they are on their way.

I honestly wonder what colors people are using from the chart because you can only have 500 designs in the game, which I do hope they change eventually (along with the amount of cars we can have in the garage), so a lot of these colors aren’t even being used or could possibly never be used, but they’re here just in case :)

I think I have reference pictures for that so I’ll see what I can do :)

Also, I’d like to say that the goal here is to make every single car manufacturer color in existence, so eventually every color will be done. While some may not be done already or on the chart, just know that they are coming either by me or @JaCor653 or @Mitcho2001 :) If a color hasn’t been requested it doesn’t mean it isn’t coming because there are colors that I haven’t personally gotten around to doing yet but they are on their way.

I honestly wonder what colors people are using from the chart because you can only have 500 designs in the game, which I do hope they change eventually (along with the amount of cars we can have in the garage), so a lot of these colors aren’t even being used or could possibly never be used, but they’re here just in case :)

I appreciate it. Also, as to using the colors, I can't speak to everyone, but I will sometimes use 2 or 3 different colors on a vehicle, for stripes and such. I just with they let us use all the color options for vinyls, not just 1.

@JaCor653

They look great! Thank you so much for doing this, I work at a BMW dealership and love the G29 Z4, but was disappointed in the color options on FH4. :cheers:

I'm glad you like those colors.

Can Someone Make Rosso Rubino (Lancia Please)

I'll do this one today. I've been wanting to get some Lancia colors in the spreadsheet. I also have reference pictures for the four KTM colors, so those will be coming in the near future as well.

Also, @MadaraxUchiha, there are almost 117,000 color entries in the PaintRef database. I know some arent actual car paint colors, and there are a lot of repeats, but still. That is a lot of colors. How will you possibly go about recreating all of them, even with my and @Mitcho2001's help? How will you know when you are done, if you even get to that point?

Last edited:
I'm glad you like those colors.

I'll do this one today. I've been wanting to get some Lancia colors in the spreadsheet. I also have reference pictures for the four KTM colors, so those will be coming in the near future as well.

Also, @MadaraxUchiha, there are almost 117,000 color entries in the PaintRef database. I know some arent actual car paint colors, and there are a lot of repeats, but still. That is a lot of colors. How will you possibly go about recreating all of them, even with my and @Mitcho2001's help? How will you know when you are done, if you even get to that point?
It’s not impossible, and for some manufacturers on the chart we almost have all of the colors done, or near enough to being done. We’ve done quite a bit of the main paint jobs, and for the most part a lot of paint jobs stay the same for a few years before changing to a slightly different colored variation, or being discontinued. It can be done, sure it might take a while, but eventually it’ll be done :)

Can Someone Make Rosso Rubino (Lancia Please)

Now it has been done.

Rosso Rubino (Lancia)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.96R, 1.00R, 0.35L
- Flake Color: 0.97L, 0.91R, 0.69L

073f7917-6e86-4815-b46b-2dcc3c989d46.jpg

You guys do an absolutely amazing job with all your colors so I was wondering if you can recreate the genesis Havana red? I drive this exact car with the same color irl, and i kind of wish they would add this car to the game.
2019-genesis-g70_100662314.jpg
2019-genesis-g70_100647914.jpg
2019-genesis-g70_100662313.jpg

You guys do an absolutely amazing job with all your colors so I was wondering if you can recreate the genesis Havana red? I drive this exact car with the same color irl, and i kind of wish they would add this car to the game.View attachment 904304 View attachment 904307 View attachment 904308
Sadly, I highly doubt they’re going to add that to the game, just like the gorgeous 2020 Audi RS6 Avant, but I’d love to do that color :)

I’m still waiting for them to bring back the Hyundai Genesis Coupe and the previous gen Hyundai Veloster, and I have no idea why they took them out of the game in the first place :(

Last edited:
Sadly, I highly doubt they’re going to add that to the game, just like the gorgeous 2020 Audi RS6 Avant, but I’d love to do that color :)

I’m still waiting for them to bring back the Hyundai Genesis Coupe and the previous gen Hyundai Veloster, and I have no idea why they took them out of the game in the first place :(
Yeah, I have no idea why they take any gorgeous cars out of the game. I'd also like them to add more antique 50s American cars like the 59 dodge custom royal, 59 Pontiac, 56 desoto, and the 59 ford.

Yeah, I have no idea why they take any gorgeous cars out of the game. I'd also like them to add more antique 50s American cars like the 59 dodge custom royal, 59 Pontiac, 56 desoto, and the 59 ford.
I’ve often wondered why the classic Ford Thunderbird or Ford Fairlane aren’t in the game, either, but they add whatever they feel like adding :boggled: I wish they’d add more Classic cars, too, and more 80s, 90s, and 2000s cars. More 20s, 30s and 40s cars would also be really awesome since they’re severely underrepresented in the game :(

I’ve often wondered why the classic Ford Thunderbird or Ford Fairlane aren’t in the game, either, but they add whatever they feel like adding :boggled: I wish they’d add more Classic cars, too, and more 80s, 90s, and 2000s cars. More 20s, 30s and 40s cars would also be really awesome since they’re severely underrepresented in the game :(
That's why I like this game over gts is because they atleast didnt completely ignore the classics.

You guys do an absolutely amazing job with all your colors so I was wondering if you can recreate the genesis Havana red? I drive this exact car with the same color irl, and i kind of wish they would add this car to the game.View attachment 904304 View attachment 904307 View attachment 904308

Havana Red (Genesis)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.00L, 0.94L, 0.47R
- Flake Color: 0.00L, 0.95L, 0.85R

4be956fa-23b7-44e6-bb3f-4e7e0a7b0c98.jpg

@MadaraxUchiha, I know you kind of expressed interest in doing this color, and I know you already have reference images for it, but I figured since I was already in request mode I would just go ahead and do it. I hope you don't mind.

Desert Sunset (Hummer)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.07L, 0.73R, 0.84L
- Flake Color: 0.07R, 0.67R, 0.91L

2002 Hummer H1 10th Anniversary Edition

f03ed029-4647-4ca4-ac16-735d420dc005.jpg

Last edited:
Havana Red (Genesis)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.00L, 0.94L, 0.47R
- Flake Color: 0.00L, 0.95L, 0.85R

View attachment 904490

@MadaraxUchiha, I know you kind of expressed interest in doing this color, and I know you already have reference images for it, but I figured since I was already in request mode I would just go ahead and do it. I hope you don't mind.

Desert Sunset (Hummer)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.07L, 0.73R, 0.84L
- Flake Color: 0.07R, 0.67R, 0.91L

View attachment 904489
I actually do mind because I expressed wanting to do both of those colors, and you did it before I even got the chance to do either one of them, so because of that I believe I’ll do two colors from your list of colors that you wanted to do. Which brings me back to my original issue: This has been my whole problem with that from the get go. It should be whoever gets the color done first, not ‘Oh, I want to do this color so no one else can do it’ right? I just want to be able to get colors done and added to the chart. I honestly don’t like waiting around and if I can finish a color before everyone else does and it’s accurate and it gets added to the chart, then that is what matters. What matters is getting these colors done and added to the chart, regardless of who does them.

I actually do mind because I expressed wanting to do both of those colors, and you did it before I even got the chance to do either one of them, so because of that I believe I’ll do two colors from your list of colors that you wanted to do. Which brings me back to my original issue: This has been my whole problem with that from the get go. It should be whoever gets the color done first, not ‘Oh, I want to do this color so no one else can do it’ right? I just want to be able to get colors done and added to the chart. I honestly don’t like waiting around and if I can finish a color before everyone else does and it’s accurate and it gets added to the chart, then that is what matters. What matters is getting these colors done and added to the chart, regardless of who does them.
Well since it isnt an actual vehicle in the game, you could make your version of the color which I'd like to also see.

When did you explicitly say you would do Havana Red? Also, if your whole mentality was "it doesn't matter who does the colors, as long as they're done well," then why are you now going against that? I admit, you said you had reference images for Desert Sunset, and you would "see what you could do." Because of this, I should not have done this color. However, you never explicitly said anything about wanting or planning on doing Havana Red. You just said you wanted more Hyundais, and that started a short conversation about cars people want in the game. Also, how are you going to "do two colors from my list that I wanted to do" when you have no access to my list and don't know which colors I plan on doing? I understand why you want to be this way, but in my opinion, you're just making a bad situation worse. I admit I have been greedy in the past about making sure I get to do the colors that I want to do, but that was then. Since then, there have been a few times when you did colors I wanted to do, and you did them well. I did not say anything because the replicas were of good quality, and that is what is important. You are right. It does not matter who does a color, as long as the color is done well. I was already playing FH4 today, and I had a little time on my hands, so I figured I would knock out those two requested colors. Also, as I mentioned previously, I was already in request-fulfilling mode, so that made me want to do those two colors. I am sorry if I, to use my expression from the past, stole the opportunity to do those colors from you, but I hosestly believe you are responding the wrong way. @Phantom58 likes my Havana Red, and I believe I made a good Desert Sunset. I know you would have done those colors well too, but for reasons I have previously stated, I did them. I am sorry I made you have to deal with this.

EDIT: Reading your post more thoroughly, I realize you are contradicting yourself. In the same post, you plan to "get back at me" by doing colors from my list (which is completely unlike you), and then later in the post, you seem to forget that and go back into your usual mindset of "it doesn't matter who does the color, as long as it is done well." Then, later, you almost seem to go against yourself and take may side, saying you like to get a color posted as soon as possible instead of wait around to do it. That is exactly what I did. The only difference is that you already said you wanted to do one of the colors, but I stole that opportunity from you.

Last edited:
When did you explicitly say you would do Havana Red? Also, if your whole mentality was "it doesn't matter who does the colors, as long as they're done well," then why are you now going against that? I admit, you said you had reference images for Desert Sunset, and you would "see what you could do." Because of this, I should not have done this color. However, you never explicitly said anything about wanting or planning on doing Havana Red. You just said you wanted more Hyundais, and that started a short conversation about cars people want in the game. Also, how are you going to "do two colors from my list that I wanted to do" when you have no access to my list and don't know which colors I plan on doing? I understand why you want to be this way, but in my opinion, you're just making a bad situation worse. I admit I have been greedy in the past about making sure I get to do the colors that I want to do, but that was then. Since then, there have been a few times when you did colors I wanted to do, and you did them well. I did not say anything because the replicas were of good quality, and that is what is important. You are right. It does not matter who does a color, as long as the color is done well. I was already playing FH4 today, and I had a little time on my hands, so I figured I would knock out those two requested colors. Also, as I mentioned previously, I was already in request-fulfilling mode, so that made me want to do those two colors. I am sorry if I, to use my expression from the past, stole the opportunity to do those colors from you, but I hosestly believe you are responding the wrong way. @Phantom58 likes my Havana Red, and I believe I made a good Desert Sunset. I know you would have done those colors well too, but for reasons I have previously stated, I did them. I am sorry I made you have to deal with this.

EDIT: Reading your post more thoroughly, I realize you are contradicting yourself. In the same post, you plan to "get back at me" by doing colors from my list (which is completely unlike you), and then later in the post, you seem to forget that and go back into your usual mindset of "it doesn't matter who does the color, as long as it is done well." Then, later, you almost seem to go against yourself and take may side, saying you like to get a color posted as soon as possible instead of wait around to do it. That is exactly what I did. The only difference is that you already said you wanted to do one of the colors, but I stole that opportunity from you.
That’s where you’re wrong because I actually did say that I would love to do Havana Red, and to quote myself ‘Sadly, I highly doubt they’re going to add that to the game, just like the gorgeous 2020 Audi RS6 Avant, but I’d love to do that color :)‘ which is exactly what I said to @Phantom58 implying that I was going to do Havana Red, but now the opportunity has passed since you’ve done both of them, thereby rendering my chance to do them null and void.

I’m honestly pissed off because I clearly said I was going to do both colors, and you’ve gotten on my case before for doing colors that you wanted to do, and now I’m not even going to attempt to do those two colors because you’ve already done them. And before I made a color and you got all mad at me and didn’t even want to add it to the chart because you wanted your version in there, even though I finished the color first and it was accurate. So yeah, I’m pretty annoyed. I’m just going to start looking at the list of color names on PaintRef for manufacturers and do the ones missing from the chart because honestly I don’t give a rats ass at this point, I just want to get the colors done as accurately as possible and added to the chart. That is and has always been it.

I see that now. I am sorry about that. I still don't know how you are going to do two of my colors when you have no way of finding out which colors I plan to do.

I see that now. I am sorry about that. I still don't know how you are going to do two of my colors when you have no way of finding out which colors I plan to do.
You probably didn’t get to read the rest of what I wrote so here it is:

I’m honestly pissed off because I clearly said I was going to do both colors, and you’ve gotten on my case before for doing colors that you wanted to do, and now I’m not even going to attempt to do those two colors because you’ve already done them. And before I made a color and you got all mad at me and didn’t even want to add it to the chart because you wanted your version in there, even though I finished the color first and it was accurate. So yeah, I’m pretty annoyed. I’m just going to start looking at the list of color names on PaintRef for manufacturers and do the ones missing from the chart because honestly I don’t give a rats ass at this point, I just want to get the colors done as accurately as possible and added to the chart. That is and has always been it. I should honestly stop giving any ****s and just do what I want to do.

That’s where you’re wrong because I actually did say that I would love to do Havana Red, and to quote myself ‘Sadly, I highly doubt they’re going to add that to the game, just like the gorgeous 2020 Audi RS6 Avant, but I’d love to do that color :)‘ which is exactly what I said to @Phantom58 implying that I was going to do Havana Red, but now the opportunity has passed since you’ve done both of them, thereby rendering my chance to do them null and void.

I’m honestly pissed off because I clearly said I was going to do both colors, and you’ve gotten on my case before for doing colors that you wanted to do, and now I’m not even going to attempt to do those two colors because you’ve already done them. And before I made a color and you got all mad at me and didn’t even want to add it to the chart because you wanted your version in there, even though I finished the color first and it was accurate. So yeah, I’m pretty annoyed. I’m just going to start looking at the list of color names on PaintRef for manufacturers and do the ones missing from the chart because honestly I don’t give a rats ass at this point, I just want to get the colors done as accurately as possible and added to the chart. That is and has always been it.

If your talking about the Volcano Yellow issue, I have something to say.

I said, and I quote:
Whatever. I hadn't added it to the spreadsheet yet, but I'm keeping my version in my spreadsheet.

I said that I hadn't added any version of Volcano Yellow to the spreadsheet, and, to use a word I've never used that is (or was) a common expression from today's younger society, I was kind of butthurt that you did the color and made it better. I had no right to be, but I was not going to add my version to THE spreadsheet. Like I had said, we strive for accuracy around here, and my version simply wasn't accurate. That was obvious. Because of this, I knew from the moment you brought it to my attention and posted a better version that it did not belong on the spreadsheet. I said I would still add it to MY spreadsheet. Not THE spreadsheet, but MY PERSONAL spreadsheet. Which no one besides myself has access to. I admit my tone wasn't appropriate, but in my opinion, you misread a simple and straightforward message and got mad about what you thought you read, instead of what was actually there. All I did wrong was post a bad color and then use a bad tone in my response.

Hey guys, the work here is just absolutely fantastic, it’s helped my collection look immensely nicer, I can’t put to words how much value it adds to the gameplay and I’d like to make a request as well.

Ferrari - Grigio metallizzato (grey metallic for those who don’t speak French)

Attachments

• 13D671C4-5FB0-4694-AAE2-1D2DEB8EFA8C.jpeg
    13D671C4-5FB0-4694-AAE2-1D2DEB8EFA8C.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 4F429BE5-7076-4F4F-A305-66783B8C6A30.jpeg
    4F429BE5-7076-4F4F-A305-66783B8C6A30.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 16
Hey guys, the work here is just absolutely fantastic, it’s helped my collection look immensely nicer, I can’t put to words how much value it adds to the gameplay and I’d like to make a request as well.

That’s Italian, by the way ;)

@MadaraxUchiha, I'll let you take this one.

Here are more colors everyone :) Enjoy :)

Merlin Purple Pearl (Audi)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.64L, 0.38R, 0.16L
- Flake: 0.77L, 0.50R, 0.48L

Audi Merlin Purple Pearl.jpg

Audi Merlin Purple Pearl 2.jpg

Audi Merlin Purple Pearl 3.jpg

Audi Merlin Purple Pearl 4.jpg

Shiraz Red (Audi)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake