Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,905 comments
I haven't seen the M400 since the PGR days.

...And now I'm sad. Thanks, PG. :grumpy:
When I mentioned it was in TDU, I made a note to not mention it was also last seen in PGR to spare the sadness. But, no, you just had to bring it up.
Sad Happy Tears GIF by Bounce

Last edited:
There is almost no new news in today's Forza Monthly.
They announced that sign language has been added to the cutscenes, and that's all the update information they had for FH5 in this live stream.
Looks like we'll have to wait another half hour or so to see what they have in store for us.

View attachment 1118486

What? Festival float race!?
The 6th update would be called "Horizon Customs Update" (More bodykits/wheels/Tuner Update?). The cars mentioned by ALumia_Italia on Twitter are a near exact match, although some of the release dates of these cars are inaccurate. Here's what I've learnt within their Update 5 stream:
  • The 2003 Honda S2000 and 1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata's convertible roofs will be fixed in the future.
  • The time progression in Photo Mode will be fixed.
  • Horizon Open Filtering would be a new feature in the next update.
  • The devs are aware of the cheaters on the rivals/PR Stunt leaderboards and they're committed to fixing it.
  • More Eventlab rules will come soon.
  • All of the bugged daily Forzathon challenges in Series 1 and 2 would be automatically completed.
  • There will be a special event type, called Seasonal Special, where you race in the Horizon Parade Floats.
  • Series 1 and 2 props will be available in Eventlab.

You can achieve 20 points easily by doing:
  • Weekly Forzathon Challenge (5)
  • 4 PR Stunts (8; No need to do the mind-breaking trailblazers) or 3 PR Stunts and 1 seasonal championship (11 points)
  • Monthly Rivals (4)
  • Treasure Hunts (3)

Last edited:
Funnily enough I watched a documentary about the Merkur brand on youtube recently, I had no idea they sold Sierra's in the states. Once I had finished the documentary it was clear to me why I hadn't known about it given how much of a disaster it was😃

The one good outcome of it was that the early Group A Sierra touring cars could be homologated as Merkurs, allowing them to run a turbocharged engine. Once the RS Cosworth came along that took over, but initially they were all technically XR4Tis.

Linking it back to the SVO again, that also donated its tougher 5-speed to the RWD Cosworths, which along with the twin-cam head were two of the major drivetrain improvements over the XR4Ti.

Any of the leaked cars match the rod & customs or tuner designation that could be a part of Season 6?

VXR
Any of the leaked cars match the rod & customs or tuner designation that could be a part of Season 6?
I don't have an exact list, so some cars may have been omitted, but here's a list of models that have been leaked so far that I think will be included these theme.

[Rod & Custom]
  • 1957 Ford Thunderbird
  • 1962 Lincoln Continental
  • 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado
[Tuner]
  • 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt SS
  • 1996 Dodge Stealth Turbo
  • 2003 Ford Focus SVT
  • 1995 Honda CR-X Del Sol SiR
  • 1999 Honda Civic Coupe Si
  • 1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R

I don't have an exact list, so some cars may have been omitted, but here's a list of models that have been leaked so far that I think will be included these theme.

[Rod & Custom]
  • 1957 Ford Thunderbird
  • 1962 Lincoln Continental
  • 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado
[Tuner]
  • 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt SS
  • 1996 Dodge Stealth Turbo
  • 2003 Ford Focus SVT
  • 1995 Honda CR-X Del Sol SiR
  • 1999 Honda Civic Coupe Si
  • 1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R
Don't forget that there are some more "odd" custom rods in the list, possibly the Lincoln Mark VII LSC and VIII LSC.

Don't forget that there are some more "odd" custom rods in the list, possibly the Lincoln Mark VII LSC and VIII LSC.
I think those are a little too new for Rod&Custom.
They probably belong in the Retro Saloon or Retro Muscle category.
Models like the Hoonigan Dually Hot Rod would probably belong in the Rod&Custom category....

I was very curious about this, what were the internal codenames for the expansions for previous horizon titles??

Also this might just be wishful thinking, but since series 6 is called Horizon Customs update, could it relate to the expansion internally titled "nightlights/nightfall". It could be customs and tuner related with neons and some sort of focus on night/street racing?

I was very curious about this, what were the internal codenames for the expansions for previous horizon titles??

Also this might just be wishful thinking, but since series 6 is called Horizon Customs update, could it relate to the expansion internally titled "nightlights/nightfall". It could be customs and tuner related with neons and some sort of focus on night/street racing?

If you look at the PC game files of FH4. Fortune Island is called either "Savage" or "Savage Island" refering to the weather. Lego expansion is simply called "Red". Meanwhile the base game is called "Sunrise". If you watched last night stream, one of the dev calling FH4 as "Project Sunrise" before correcting him self.

I regret lurking the official FH5 forums, if I wanted something that toxic I should have just snacked on rat poison.
As RageRacer recommended, it's best to ignore those people and avoid that forum in general. It will always be toxic. :sly:

Anyways, I'm super DUPER happy to finally see the Noble M400 make it's way to Forza! :D I remember driving it's counterpart in a racing game called Total Immersion Racing. Ahhh, the memories. I also agree we should get more everyday vehicles in Horizon. They make the experience all the more better, and fun. ;)

New car names in the data for this update:
FOR_MustangMachE1400_21
MCL_620R_21
MCL_765LT_21
NIS_64_370ZSafari_20
POR_911GT3_21
Barn find files also added for 1910 Fiat S76 "Beast of Turin" and 1967 Hurst Shifters Baja Boot. A barnfind texture was added to the "CommunityGiftEvents" texture zip, so chances are one or both of these will work just like secret santa.
Thanks for the digging! These are really solid. Before I Googled I thought this was the normal Mustang Mach E (Playground, please add that later on), but this one should be massive fun :) Then, the 2 McLaren are great additions although I can see some criticism to the 620R as we already have the 570S and 600LT, but personally I like it when manufacturers are represented like this.

The 992 GT3 will be highly welcome and that Nissan looks like fun.

That Fiat... If they want Fiat to return with a bang, a 28.5 litre engine should do the trick

fiat-s76-beast-of-turin.jpg

We're getting more barn finds eh? If that is indeed true, I've actually found one of the barn finds that's not on the map. So maybe, just MAYBE, that Fiat could very well be saved for that? I wonder. Btw, I saw that car in action from Goodwood, and it sounds MEAN! :D

Also, I KNEW Forza would get the all new Porsche 911 GT3! :D But also the new Ford Mustang Mach E and Mclaren 765LT? No FREAKIN WAY! :eek: The rest, CAN NOT WAIT TO GET THEM!!

New Clothing:
Relaxed Fit Tee (Blue | Yellow | Red)
Tee (Blue | Yellow | Red)
Tucked In Tee (Blue | Yellow | Red)
Relaxed Fit Tee (Gradient | Patterned | Leopard | Bird | Yellow Snake | White Snake | Red Snake)
Gradient Tee
Bird Print Tee
Leaf Tee (Natural | Blue)
Danger Sign Tee (White | Black)
Drift Zone Tee (White | Black)
Horizon Rush Tee ( pink | White)
Speed Trap Tee ( gradient | Black)
Speed Zone Tee ( gradient | Black)
White Trailblazer Tee
White Trailblazer Finish Tee
Red Car Tee
Green Car Tee
Green Piñata Head
Orange Piñata Head
Orange Pattern Mittens
Zigzag Mittens
Brown Patterned Mittens
Snow Mittens
Green Piñata Outfit
Orange Piñata Outfit

New Car Horns:
Welcome Spring
Minecraft Theme
Confetti Cannon
Carnival Parade

New Forza LINK Phrases:
Green Light
It is the way
Red light
Tanks for the memories

New Evolving World Accolades:
Airfield Speed Zone Novice | Expert | Master
Camino Del Cielo Novice | Expert | Master
Desierto Viviente Novice | Expert | Master
Floor is Lava
Force of Distraction
Get the Drift
Horizon Style
Live the Danger
Party Blazer
Right Up My Alley
Series 5 Collector
Speed All Night Long
Spin Master
Stuntman
Trebol Novice | Expert | Master

Last edited:
I skimmed over this one too quick and thought it was actually the existing GTO - from the new sign language clips:
pgc2175_barnfind_1986_Ferrari_288_GTO_Evoluzione_89_11_ASL.bk2
Are we getting 3 new barn finds in the base game or maybe the expansion is closer that we think and this is tied to it. I guess we won't know for sure until an announcement is made.

Either way, it was also at Goodwood so maybe that's not too far off.

Last edited:
Are we getting 3 new barn finds in the base game or maybe the expansion is closer that we think and this is tied to it. I guess we won't know for sure until an announcement is made.

Either way, it was also at Goodwood so maybe that's not too far off.
The latest update added a "barn find" graphic inside the CommunityGiftEvents.zip UI file. Secret Santa was a community gift event, so make of that what you will.

288 GTO Evoluzione O_O
The only videogame who have this car it's the good ol' PGR4 (and if i count not licensed games Art of Rally too)

Back