Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,905 comments
Another month without a single word about DLC1….

Are they deliberately ignoring those questions or is there really not a single player in chat asking for it?

I was supposed to be looking forward to 4Runner and SVO.
But my heart has been stolen by the Mini Cooper FE.
An EV conversion of a classic ICE car. This car will definitely be one of the fun cars to drive.
And I'm glad to see that this car is built to the specs of an A800 AWD, as many of the FH5 FE's had performance issues in stock form, and improving them inevitably forced them to upgrade one or more classes up.
This car, however, will be able to be used in the most appropriate class in stock form.

It's a shame that expansion wasn't mentioned in this livestream, but other than that I'm generally satisfied.

Another month without a single word about DLC1….

Are they deliberately ignoring those questions or is there really not a single player in chat asking for it?
I've been watching the twitch chat a bit, and they've been asking a lot of questions about expansion.
PG was just ignoring it. Well, let's hope that next month is the month it will be released.

Can I be a rude egg for a moment?

Removing cheaters from the leaderboard and implementing some kind of anti-cheat isn't an easy fix — fine, fair enough. Then why is it that you wasted resources and time removing perks from the mastery trees? If someone says "because of the economy", one, I'm going to nuke the internet. Two, what 🤬 economy?

Sorry. :lol:

Can I be a rude egg for a moment?

Removing cheaters from the leaderboard and implementing some kind of anti-cheat isn't an easy fix — fine, fair enough. Then why is it that you wasted resources and time removing perks from the mastery trees? If someone says "because of the economy", one, I'm going to nuke the internet. Two, what 🤬 economy?

Sorry. :lol:
There are two possible reasons.

1. They hope we will become scalpers.
2. They are playing with developer tools that allow them to change anything they want. In other words, they do not know the actual in-game economy.
3. They were forced to follow MS's orders to "increase playtime to keep Gamepass subscribers."

Last edited:
After the stream I do believe in that leak. So the Toronado and the 620R are likely car pass exclusive too.
And the Ferrari brings me some hope they are going to lift the ban on race cars one day.
The arena looks fun too. And I appreciate the effort to at least have a theme for the Playlist. I like it. Just leave the Trial alone :)
However. The most important thing for me is definitely the photo fix. Thank you very much!

The final line of the official blog:

That’s it from Horizon Mexico for Series 5! Stay tuned for Series 6 details later this month in what we’re calling The Horizon Customs Update. Until then, we’ll see you all at the PR Stunt Carnival! Adios.

Maybe a car customization update, we'll have to wait and see

The final line of the official blog:

That’s it from Horizon Mexico for Series 5! Stay tuned for Series 6 details later this month in what we’re calling The Horizon Customs Update. Until then, we’ll see you all at the PR Stunt Carnival! Adios.

Maybe a car customization update, we'll have to wait and see
Are they bringing in more Rods & Customs cars? I hope so.

Guys, I'm a bit confused as to what new cars are included in series 5 and how and when they will be distributed. Could someone let me know the make and model of the cars in the car pass and dates of availability and the same for the Playlist cars, please?

I understand the Ford Mustang SVO will be the first car pass car to arrive this Thursday...?

Thanks in advance 👍

Guys, I'm a bit confused as to what new cars are included in series 5 and how and when they will be distributed. Could someone let me know the make and model of the cars in the car pass and dates of availability and the same for the Playlist cars, please?

I understand the Ford Mustang SVO will be the first car pass car to arrive this Thursday...?

Thanks in advance 👍
I just put them all in the update article:

I didn't specifically flag the dates, but I did say what Seasons the PL cars are and the CP cars are in chronological order.

Are they bringing in more Rods & Customs cars? I hope so.
If it's new and returning Carrera Panamericana appropriate rides I'm a billion percent here for it.

dde4lpb-bdd6540e-e49d-4fe6-93fb-233c3738f053.jpg

car_238_59489_5b7a67eaef76c.jpg

4694.jpg

174099049479120843141306815908402104145607n-1637778042666@2x.jpg

Thanks Famine.

Not a bad collection of cars. Particularly looking forward to the new Nismo GT-R, M400 and SVO, although I'm generally not that much into American cars. I'm guessing the SVO is a bit of a cult classic?

I'm very pleased with the cars coming up. Happy to see the Noble's, X-Bow GT4 is cool, Corse Clienti 488 should be fun, Mini Cooper S FE is a nice bonus. If anything I am slightly disappointed that there appears to be no rumoured Mini JCW GP but overall I can't complain.

In the FH5 Steam Post it had a bit of reading on the Mustang SVO. It appears that one of the main aims was despite the rising price of oil in the shadow of the 70's oil crisis and the classic Muscle Car falling out of favour they had to make a car for the times. It had a fuel flow dial you could adjust (thanks to the Bosch Fuel Injection) that could lower power and Fuel use or crank it up and get the full 200bhp. :)

Wish I something like that installed in My Ford Focus nowadays, £1.50+Litre :yuck:

Last edited:
In the FH5 Steam Post it had a bit of reading on the Mustang SVO. It appears that one of the main aims was despite the rising price of oil in the shadow of the 70's oil crisis and the classic Muscle Car falling out of favour they had to make a car for the times. It had a fuel flow dial you could adjust (thanks to the Bosch Fuel Injection) that could lower power and Fuel use or crank it up and get the full 200bhp. :)

Wish I something like that installed in My Ford Focus nowadays, £1.50+Litre :yuck:
I would assume it does that automatically when you're not giving it full throttle.

Really the SVO was mainly intended as a premium, Euro-style alternative to the V8 powered Mustang GT (and priced accordingly). Unfortunately, the GT outsold it by a massive margin thanks to its lower price, though you could also get the SVO's powertrain in the Thunderbird Turbo Coupe and the Merkur XR4Ti, which was the Americanized Sierra XR4i.

Last edited:
I would assume it does that automatically when you're not giving it full throttle.

Really the SVO was mainly intended as a premium, Euro-style alternative to the V8 powered Mustang GT (and priced accordingly). Unfortunately, the GT outsold it by a massive margin thanks to its lower price, though you could also get the SVO's powertrain in the Thunderbird Turbo Coupe and the Merkur XR4Ti, which was the Americanized Sierra XR4i.
"Ford’s SVO engineers opted for a turbocharged 2.3-liter inline four capable of 175hp for the car’s initial 1984 outing and allowed drivers to adjust performance through a handy “fuel grade” switch – with lower fuel consumption possible through a Bosch Fuel Injection System"

They way describe it sounds like it's a manual Switch. Although the engine management and Fuel Injection system doing it on the fly makes more sense I have to admit.😄

Funnily enough I watched a documentary about the Merkur brand on youtube recently, I had no idea they sold Sierra's in the states. Once I had finished the documentary it was clear to me why I hadn't known about it given how much of a disaster it was😃

Last edited:
KTM X Bow, yes, I just need to recreate my FH4 off road tune for it. It was my go to car for all FH4 off road challenges. That and the Forza Mini make me a happy chappy.
I might even have a go at series completion this time as well. It's my last achievement I need in game.

Happy to see more everyday cars, especially the new Toyota Tundra and 4Runner! I think the facelift Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro in Forza Horizon 5 is the first new Toyota in any racing game, as Gran Turismo doesn't have it.

This week?

I was already ecstatic for the SVO, it being available this week would just be icing on the cake for me.
I don't know. Once the update arrives, we shall see.

Anyway, not only I want the Mustang SVO and the Tundra, I really WANT that Noble M400!

AHHHHH, the Mustang SVO is coming to Forza! Now I have another random thing to look forward to later this week other than GT7.

In which, is also going to make this week go by slow for me...

They way describe it sounds like it's a manual Switch.
...because it was.
8036985-1986-ford-mustang-std.jpg

It also likely didn't change anything related to the actual fuel delivery/consumption, since the switch is for using either "regular" (low octane) or "premium" (high octane) fuel. It's pretty much just a button that tells the computer what the boost level and timing should be since forced induction/high compression engines need higher octane to prevent detonation. Switches like this were rare for their time (you'll notice most turbo cars from the 80s absolutely require premium), but by the 90s most OEMs had this feature baked into their ECUs so that they adjusted automatically.

Back