Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,907 comments
9f6f5862-6913-4ae3-b019-a8ad7fac1632.jpeg

Come into my loving embrace.

What a beautiful beast.

Last edited:
VXR
Bemoaning the addition of McLarens as being akin to Gran Turismo padding with dupes is hardly PG's fault - that is McLaren's business model.
I'm not blaming PG/Turn 10 since that's what most players seem to want. All I'm saying is that I'm not interested in the new McLaren 650 Spider when it's barely any different from the regular 650 Coupe that we already have in the game. Same thing goes to the Hurcan Evo, Ferrari FXX K Evo, Nismo GTR and so on.

Admittedly, comparing them to Polyphony with their Skyline obsession is ridiculous but that's how i feel about modern McLaren's in general.

Last edited:
How was the Volkswagen Caddy popular in Mexico? Is it the Type 14 Caddy?
The current Caddy is sold in Mexico as a commercial van only. A car that resembles the original Caddy Type 14 is the Brazilian-designed Saveiro, which is also a pickup. As for your question, I can't recall the original Caddy being made/sold in Mexico. The VW Bus (called Combi) was the dominant commercial van here for decades.

vw-saveiromy2022-stage.jpg

Last edited:
The current Caddy is sold in Mexico as a commercial van only. A car that resembles the original Caddy Type 14 is the Brazilian-designed Saveiro, which is also a pickup. As for your question, I can't recall the original Caddy being made/sold in Mexico. The VW Bus (called Combi) was the dominant commercial van here for decades.

View attachment 1128714
I see... I really hope that we'll get the Volkswagen Combi T2 as well.

Last edited:
"Octal" is base8 math - like binary is base2.

Now, for... really super tedious reasons, octal numbers can represent characters. Octal 103, which is Decimal 67, which is also Binary 1000011 and Hexdecimal 43 is a capital C. In fact if you press the Alt key on your keyboard, type the decimal 67 and let go of the Alt key, you'll get... a capital C.

You'll be unsurprised to learn that octal 104 is a capital D, and so on.

Octal? Who uses octal anymore? Might as well have used EBCDIC instead of ASCII while they were at it.

Every time I see about the topic of variants, I think that Forza since the Xbox One era has not been able to properly utilize OEM packages and engine swaps.

Yes, of course those variants perform differently, and it's fair to say that it's not just a different body kit and stickers.
However, I feel that in recent years Forza has increased the percentage of these variants being added as updates or DLC content.

I am more of a style player who wants more unique and entirely new models than variants of existing models.
So I hope they will be more willing to take advantage of OEM packages.
Not only would this potentially reduce the ratio of variants in the car list, but it would also give older models something new and fun to look forward to on a regular basis.
I remember well that several cars in FH4 were getting new body kits with updates, and it was an opportunity to spotlight older models that had been buried.

I'm not blaming PG/Turn 10 since that's what most players seem to want. All I'm saying is that I'm not interested in the new McLaren 650 Spider when it's barely any different from the regular 650 Coupe that we already have in the game. Same thing goes to the Hurcan Evo, Ferrari FXX K Evo, Nismo GTR and so on.

Admittedly, comparing them to Polyphony with their Skyline obsession is ridiculous but that's how i feel about modern McLaren's in general.

Oh, I just wanted to take a backhanded dig at McLaren's business practice, so didn't quote you directly 👍

Every time I see about the topic of variants, I think that Forza since the Xbox One era has not been able to properly utilize OEM packages and engine swaps.

Yes, of course those variants perform differently, and it's fair to say that it's not just a different body kit and stickers.
However, I feel that in recent years Forza has increased the percentage of these variants being added as updates or DLC content.

I am more of a style player who wants more unique and entirely new models than variants of existing models.
So I hope they will be more willing to take advantage of OEM packages.
Not only would this potentially reduce the ratio of variants in the car list, but it would also give older models something new and fun to look forward to on a regular basis.
I remember well that several cars in FH4 were getting new body kits with updates, and it was an opportunity to spotlight older models that had been buried.

So much to agree with here. Being able to make the car look like another in the range broadens the variety for very little effort. My only gripe is, the existing ones don't remove the original badges. As an example, it's kinda odd seeing RS5 badges with S-Line bumpers.

VXR
Oh, I just wanted to take a backhanded dig at McLaren's business practice, so didn't quote you directly 👍
Ooooh, my bad. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Forgive me for my lack of sense of humor.

=====
But yeah, it would really great if more cars had OEM parts like with the Ford Transit and Toyota Celica.

Last edited:
Other than the dailies, I just have one event on the weekly playlist to do. It’s deny three flags in team Flag Rush. I never seem to get teams in Horizon Open. It’s always solo. If I try it through the seasonal Playground Games at the airport, Flag Rush is always the last of the three games. I always end up with teams that lose the first two games. In other words I’ve tried like seven times in team games so far and have yet to play a single round of Flag Rush.

Last edited:
Other than the dailies, I just have one event on the weekly playlist to do. It’s deny three flags in team Flag Rush. I never seem to get teams in Horizon Open. It’s always solo. If I try it through the seasonal Playground Games at the airport, Flag Rush is always the last of the three games. I always end up with teams that lose the first two games. In other words I’ve tried like seven times in team games so far and have yet to play s single round of Flag Rush.
Not sure if Seasonal work anymore. Someone on the official said he had to do Open since it didn't work for him anymore. But I did the Open and I always had team games after/before a single round.

Other than the dailies, I just have one event on the weekly playlist to do. It’s deny three flags in team Flag Rush. I never seem to get teams in Horizon Open. It’s always solo. If I try it through the seasonal Playground Games at the airport, Flag Rush is always the last of the three games. I always end up with teams that lose the first two games. In other words I’ve tried like seven times in team games so far and have yet to play s single round of Flag Rush.

Even if you'd successfully complete Flag Rush as a third game denying three flags there's no guarantee that this will count!

This has happened to me yesterday, I'm going to try again tomorrow as today I was lucky (?) to be constantly in the teams that won first two games so had no chance to play Flag Rush 🙄

Not sure if Seasonal work anymore. Someone on the official said he had to do Open since it didn't work for him anymore. But I did the Open and I always had team games after/before a single round.

That would explain why it didn't counted for me... 🤔

Had to move to the country and now my internet is potato levels of slow. It makes the Trial a real pain now but I've been managing it.

Sadly I can confirm you are correct. I tried the seasonal games one more time. I ended up on the short side of a 4 cars vs 6 cars event. Not surprisingly we lost Infected. But against all odds we won King. I finally got a chance at Flag Rush. Despite our numerical disadvantage we won 12-6. I even got the “You Shall Not Pass” accolade for denying five flags in a single game of Flag Rush. Unfortunately the Horizon Open tile in the Weekly Playlist stubbornly refuses to turn golden.

You can get the required type of PG games by actually selecting the challenge itself on the festival playlist screen and it will queue you into Solo or team depending on what the challenge is.

You can get the required type of PG games by actually selecting the challenge itself on the festival playlist screen and it will queue you into Solo or team depending on what the challenge is.
36152504-73A5-48B0-A8C3-532717FCC965.jpeg

Last edited:
Is it just me or that the stock positive displacement superchargers sound louder than their sport/race counterparts? Same could apply for centrifugal superchargers.

I haven’t been able to join Horizon Life for about twelve hours now. So I made the most of it and tried to finish out Horizon Promo, including all the traffic cars. I’m now at 601/580. The only car I can’t photograph is the AMG One FE which, as far as I can tell, don’t yet exist.

Just wondering... since like a month or even more my GTP club tag is missing in game, also it does look like Clubs feature is inactive in my game but when I check through Xbox interface I'm a member of GTP club. Any idea how to fix this?

Just wondering... since like a month or even more my GTP club tag is missing in game, also it does look like Clubs feature is inactive in my game but when I check through Xbox interface I'm a member of GTP club. Any idea how to fix this?
GTP club is open for everyone. I suggest to quit and just join in again. Or maybe you already tried that?

I haven’t been able to join Horizon Life for about twelve hours now. So I made the most of it and tried to finish out Horizon Promo, including all the traffic cars. I’m now at 601/580. The only car I can’t photograph is the AMG One FE which, as far as I can tell, don’t yet exist.
Is there a trick to capturing the traffic cars?

Is there a trick to capturing the traffic cars?
None that I’m aware of. I just stay in Forza Solo so they are constantly spawning. I also tried Super 7. There are challenges titled Traffic Photo. Just drive and snap picks of the traffic cars. I had trouble getting the Bora and Golf 3 GTi to spawn but I also needed to photograph the cars specific to the Lucha de Carreteras story. When I redid that, the last two VW traffic cars spawned.

On a related note, the designs on the roofs of the rally cars from the Lucha story are amazing. El Campeón, Forzudo, and Toro Loco, respectively.
B06F7E54-7992-40DE-A3D5-B5337157B615.jpeg

4A09C96D-28E4-40C9-ACF3-6BE1D2F1BF27.jpeg

2FAAA77C-99E8-4B91-8CAC-33360731DB26.jpeg

Last edited:
Back