Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,907 comments
I'm on PC (Steam) and I've never had one register under any circumstances. I wonder if allowing them to be photographed is a platform-specific bug?
It was a bug on all platforms I believe. I had 580/580 before Populuxe mentioned it, since traffic/story cars didn't register. Traffic and story cars are also missing the Promo icon, so you don't know which car is still missing unless you look at the Promo car list.

I was stuck trying to get all the traffic cars, too. Alejandra’s truck and Fernando’s ‘63 Vocho, the Boneshaker Monster Truck, all of them. I had tried to photograph them a few times for the Promo, but they never registered. Now they do. I’m assuming it’s another of the many bug fixes they’ve applied to the game.

I'm on PC (Steam) and I've never had one register under any circumstances. I wonder if allowing them to be photographed is a platform-specific bug?
Same here, Steam user and never got the Traffic cars to register for Promo at all. I must have snapped the Taxi Vocho about 50 times over the 5-6 months since launch.

Also I saw this earlier and I had a giggle.

277578330_10159897030783162_8422715922418528625_n.jpg

I'm glad I made hay and got all the cars and apparel while the Wheelspins were generous.

Last edited:
I was stuck trying to get all the traffic cars, too. Alejandra’s truck and Fernando’s ‘63 Vocho, the Boneshaker Monster Truck, all of them. I had tried to photograph them a few times for the Promo, but they never registered. Now they do. I’m assuming it’s another of the many bug fixes they’ve applied to the game.
Your advice to switch over to Solo worked like a charm! I read your earlier reply and decided to photograph a few of the "Traffic" Gallants on the road juuuust to make sure it wasn't working.

Then I switched over to Solo and a bunch of cars now registered!

Any tips to finding specific traffic cars?

I'm still missing the X5, Wrangler, base Beetle (not the Story one, done that) and Beetle taxi.

Any tips to finding specific traffic cars?

I'm still missing the X5, Wrangler, base Beetle (not the Story one, done that) and Beetle taxi.
Not really, they tend to spawn randomly, and some spawn less than others for some reason.

ROFLMAO, on PC it's downloading 105GB. :lol: Good thing I'm on a fast and unmetered sub.
The same goes for me.
But my friend seems to have received the 11GB update. (Both are PC)
Why is this happening?

Note that in the OG Xbox One version, the size of the update was 7.82 GB.

I haven’t been able to join Horizon Life for about twelve hours now. So I made the most of it and tried to finish out Horizon Promo, including all the traffic cars. I’m now at 601/580. The only car I can’t photograph is the AMG One FE which, as far as I can tell, don’t yet exist.
I cannot get any of the traffic cars, Lucho cars or Monster Truck to register on Promo for love or money. The game is even saying I'm missing a few regular cars from the AutoShow even though I know I've captured them. Bloody game gggrrrrrr.

Went through the drift story pretty quickly, and I have to say the Mach-E is not actually terrible at proper grip stuff once you tune the suspension a bit. It's no Mosler or Elise GT1, it feels heavy and doesn't have that much grip when you consider the amount of wings and winglets it has, but it'll take corners. Completely useless in RWD mode, though. :lol:

View attachment 1131490
Here’s something that slipped under the radar in the new update, 4 speed Drift transmission upgrade. :drool:

I suspect it’s gonna break the PI meta as it can take the Raesr Tachyon Speed’s PI from S2 983 down to A 757!! :eek:
Nicely spotted! I wonder if it could potentially be useful as a drag racing transmission as well. Time to investigate!

The drift transmission will probably be loved more by hot rodders than by drifters.
And even some meta tuners.

I'm not like of meta tuning, but this part, which lowers the PI significantly, makes me want to use it for a variety of builds.
Especially for RWD cars with high stock PI like the Forza Edition, which could be used in a lower class while still being AWD.
I will give it a quick try later myself.

Nicely spotted! I wonder if it could potentially be useful as a drag racing transmission as well. Time to investigate!
Can’t take full credit for it as it was posted by someone else in one of the discords i’m in.

However I am taking credit for this quirk I’m noticing with it. :P

It appears that any car with a factory 4 speed gearbox doesn’t have the option for the drift transmission at all.

Best example is with the Classic Mini and the FE version.

The FE version has a 2 speed gearbox, you can get the driftbox for it.

The normal Mini has a 4 speed gearbox stock and you can’t buy the driftbox for it.

So it appears that if your car doesn’t have a 4 speed gearbox in stock form, you can buy the drift transmission.

I just tried a quick drag race in my 850hp CTS-V, only difference between runs was switching from race gearbox to drift gearbox, and there's about a tenth of a second gained. I figured there'd be a bigger difference, especially with the Caddy's 8 speed box, but it's pretty negligible.

Some of other vehicles that have the 4 speed too. One vehicle that doesn't have it that I have run into so far is the 1960 corvette but that has a 3 speed stock. I wonder if the Nissan 350Z rally car (might gotten model wrong) Fe has the 4 speed gear box

Attachments

• unknown-205.png
    unknown-205.png
    168.8 KB · Views: 16
  • unknown-221.png
    unknown-221.png
    228.6 KB · Views: 17
  • unknown-99.png
    unknown-99.png
    297.9 KB · Views: 17
  • unknown-160.png
    unknown-160.png
    265.6 KB · Views: 18
As I could have predicted from many posts in this thread, it seems that the drift transmission is still the transmission that will save some EVs.

Needless to say I was pleased to see this.

Forza Horizon 5 (101).png

Some of other vehicles that have the 4 speed too. One vehicle that doesn't have it that I have run into so far is the 1960 corvette but that has a 3 speed stock. I wonder if the Nissan 350Z rally car (might gotten model wrong) Fe has the 4 speed gear box
Drift gearboxes are available for the 350ZFE. However, with this gearbox, the PI exceeds 800, which is not very practical.
And unfortunately, the combination of AWD conversion + drift gearbox did not change the PI.
It seems that it is not possible to use this car with Class A AWD build.

PS: I tried it on several cars.
Perhaps the basic requirements to be able to install a drift gearbox are
  • EV
  • CVT
  • Normal gearbox cars with 4 or more speed gearboxes
  • Drivetrain swap (not yet determined)

However, there are some exceptions like 350Z FE.
And sorry to inform some players, but there are not many cars with this gearbox that have a much more reduced PI.
The only ones I could confirm were RAESER and I-Pace. All other cars, including EV and CVT cars, either "no change in PI", "increase in PI", or "slight decrease in PI".
Therefore, it would probably be difficult to exploit this gearbox-induced PI nerf and create a meta-build.

Last edited:
As I could have predicted from many posts in this thread, it seems that the drift transmission is still the transmission that will save some EVs.

Needless to say I was pleased to see this.

View attachment 1131504

Drift gearboxes are available for the 350ZFE. However, with this gearbox, the PI exceeds 800, which is not very practical.
And unfortunately, the combination of AWD conversion + drift gearbox did not change the PI.
It seems that it is not possible to use this car with Class A AWD build.

PS: I tried it on several cars.
Perhaps the basic requirements to be able to install a drift gearbox are
  • EV
  • CVT
  • Normal gearbox cars with 4 or more speed gearboxes
  • Drivetrain swap (not yet determined)

However, there are some exceptions like 350Z FE.
And sorry to inform some players, but there are not many cars with this gearbox that have a much more reduced PI.
The only ones I could confirm were RAESER and I-Pace. All other cars, including EV and CVT cars, either "no change in PI", "increase in PI", or "slight decrease in PI".
Therefore, it would probably be difficult to exploit this gearbox-induced PI nerf and create a meta-build.
It's great though to see this come to game. And in ways it was a nice suprise instead of it been revealed straight up that's been added to game as we find out which vehicles do have it, which don't and means Def going to be a lot more experimental work again for a lot of cars

Back