Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,981 comments
Been really missing the Tiburon/Tuscani from the Xbox 360 days, and I absolutely loved how it had its own unique badge, as if it were a car from another brand. Also fell in love with it because of NFS Underground.

Other than the Hyundai N Vision 74, I seriously hope they bring the iMax N (a.k.a. the "drift bus"). It will seriously fit the theme of the game. And that's why a Korean Automotive update needs to happen.

View attachment 1306122
I'd rather see my friend's car
IMG_1423.JPG

If it's any consolation bud I only did it on the third attempt for similar reasons.
My team must've been hungover from last night as only five drivers showed up and of those one drove like a granny and another noped out a quarter of the way through. I soon followed suit and picked another team who could at least finish the race.

Kudos to the EventLab creator who managed to replicate or at least approximate Yokohama Docks this week. I'd just come off a nostalgic session of GRiD Legends and this course was a pleasant surprise. He even refers to "Forza legends" in the description. The lighting made it look more like RR4's Out Of Blue though.

Last edited:
If it means anything the Genesis G70 was found in the files which I believe is an offshoot to Hyundai. I too would like to see a Korean automotive update since theres about a dozen solid cars from both kia and hyundai they can add both new and old and it would fit within the games style.

The Trial this week was kind of a disaster. I start next to last. The player in second position immediately veers to the side on race start, blocking a couple of cars and causing everyone to bounce off each other like cop cars in a 70s car chase movie while the a.i. does their best to leave us behind. Me and another player (the best driver in the race) fought our way to third and fourth place and I guess he missed a checkpoint because he was suddenly gone. I fought my way up to second place. We lost the first race on points with three players DNF.

Second race starts, my 4wd setup gets me a good enough launch to avoid the logjam with one player ahead of me. He promptly decides to powerslide sloppily around every corner, blocking the entire track until he hits a wall hard enough that I can squeeze past him. The opportunity presents itself so I smack a couple npcs into the wall to help out the players behind me. I take the last corner in a better position than best driver, and make my way to first place just before the finish line. The remaining two last-placers from the first race are still last place. Nevertheless, we win!

Third race starts, a circuit, ugh. Not a fan of rally/offroad circuits in this game. I get the jump again and about thirty seconds later, one of the last-placers drops out, leaving four of us. Mr powerslide is somewhere in the middle of the pack behind me holding back the best driver until they can pass him. I work my way up to first, and the best driver catches up by the middle of the second lap. My car isn't set up to take some of the longer curves on this track, and I overestimate its abilities, a flick of the e-brake keeps me from hitting the wall head on and spinning toward the wrong direction. Best driver passes me and I play catch up for the remainder of the race. I got very close to passing them a couple times, but just couldn't pull it off. Oh well, we won! Mr powerslide gets 4th or 5th place, and the remaining last placer got last place.

My best showing so far since I started playing the trial, second place, first, and second again.

Last edited:
I'd love to see a Korean themed month. It's underrpresented in FH5. The Hyundai N line is exciting and cool, plus the Kia Stinger is weirdly absent. Also I forget what they changed their name to but the Proto Motors Spirra would be a welcome return as a slower yet very stylish supercar.

Also the Trial this week seemed fun but I kept getting kicked after the first race so I just got my points elsewhere.

Last edited:
My team must've been hungover from last night as only five drivers showed up and of those one drove like a granny and another noped out a quarter of the way through. I soon followed suit and picked another team who could at least finish the race.

Kudos to the EventLab creator who managed to replicate or at least approximate Yokohama Docks this week. I'd just come off a nostalgic session of GRiD Legends and this course was a pleasant surprise. He even refers to "Forza legends" in the description. The lighting made it look more like RR4's Out Of Blue though.
The layout was pretty accurate, but the docks were lacking props to really give us the full GRiD effect. It was very impressive though.

I finished this week's chores and got my favorite 69 Pontiac GTO.
But I'm disappointed. This car has no shadow.

Since FH4, they've been making this mistake every once in a while, but in FH5 it's definitely happening more often than before. And it is rarely fixed.
(*Additional note: This bug seems to only occur in the thumbnail and garage. When riding the GTO and exiting the map, a shadow was displayed.)

Is it really that hard to notice that cars don't have shadows? And is fixing it more difficult than fixing the spoiler color or adding a roll cage?

Cars without shadows ruin the immersion in the game.
And when that problem occurs in my favorite model, the disappointment is indescribable.
I beg you, PG, please do more QA.

Last edited:
The driver shall be kneeling on the rear seats whilst leaning forward to steer with their buttocks poking out of the rear window. Propulsion shall be provided by the expulsion of noxious gas from the driver.

Users of this method are strongly advised to avoid any traffic congestion as the traffic fumes could be unpleasant.
I believe the official name for this is the "Pong position".
I wonder if it’s possible to build any of the four tracks from Sega Rally on Eventlab Island?
Would take too long. Unless you can get a Time Extension...
I finished this week's chores and got my favorite 69 Pontiac GTO.
But I'm disappointed. This car has no shadow.

Since FH4, they've been making this mistake every once in a while, but in FH5 it's definitely happening more often than before. And it is rarely fixed.
(*Additional note: This bug seems to only occur in the thumbnail and garage. When riding the GTO and exiting the map, a shadow was displayed.)

Is it really that hard to notice that cars don't have shadows? And is fixing it more difficult than fixing the spoiler color or adding a roll cage?

And when that problem occurs in my favorite model, the disappointment is indescribable.
My shadow's the only one that walks beside me.
Ah-ah ah-ah

They've done regressions of existing car models like this, since FM5 at the very least. Some cars have gotten subtle changes which were unwarranted and unneeded. A more recent example is the '88 Monte Carlo SS in FM23 which lost the majority of the rocker panels around the car. Or the FPV GT-F which has a color-keyed front bumper lip. Both of which are found in that game's bugfest thread I created.

Off the top of my head I've seen several cars having unauthorized logos on vehicles, such as the 2013 Renault Clio RS's steering wheel which has the Jaguar's RS typeface in its place and broken interior labels. And legacy ones, like the AE86 not having the proper front bumper's details, which GT got right, iirc.

EDIT: Here's an illustration on what I was referring to about "unauthorized logos" below, and bolded.
1701304078045.png

And here's FM6's version of the same car's interior. Notice any difference?
1701304205915.png

Last edited:
Sorry to post this in here and not in creations but could somebody please be so kind as to give this track of mine a search to see if it exists online please. I can't get the game to give me a share code no matter what I do. Thank you in advance.

1000006632.png

Please excuse the topic of Forza Customs.
I, like many other Forza fans, think this game is just a lazy mobile game that borrows the Forza name.
But...as soon as I saw this crazy Peel, I couldn't help but think how cool it would be if they added such a monster truck version Peel to the game as a Peel Trident Forza Edition.

Well...I don't need a ricer rear wing, and horns like Mad Max, and crazy exhaust like bosozoku...

But seriously, FH5 customization would be even more awesome if PG could work with the developers of Forza Custom and add new body kits and rims from this game to FH5.

スクリーンショット (14470).png

スクリーンショット (14471).png

Edit: I saw some custom videos of other cars on Youtube.
Some of them were terrible. Some of them looked as if they were custom cars made by a 5 year old kid playing GTAO and using his knowledge and sensibilities.

But apart from that there were some really cool ones.
How great would it be if custom rims, body kits, lifted suspensions and other custom parts similar to this game were available in FH5?

スクリーンショット (14480).png

スクリーンショット (14483).png

Last edited:
Wild theory time, but I can't help thinking these wilder options will make an appearance in the sixth game. The customisation is one aspect that I feel PG will want to improve on, and perhaps these new assets can get polished up and brought over.
Actually, I was thinking the same thing.
This is because many of the customizations seen in Forza Customs are features requested by players in Horizon/Motorsport.

• Addition of Forza widebody kits to more cars
  • Front and rear rims with different designs, offsets, and colors
  • More aftermarket off-road rims
  • Off-road style conversion of non-off-road vehicles
  • Slammed Pickup/SUV
  • Convert pop-up headlight cars to non-pop-up headlights
  • Interior customization

These are all features that many players have been asking for for years. Could this be a coincidence? i don't think so.
Of course, there aren't many things in common between mobile games and console games, but I think some of the large amount of customization parts they created will be added in FH6, or updates to FH5 and FM8.

These are all features that many players have been asking for for years. Could this be a coincidence? i don't think so.
Of course, there aren't many things in common between mobile games and console games, but I think some of the large amount of customization parts they created will be added in FH6, or updates to FH5 and FM8.
The bolded part is what I think they're doing. The models used in Horizon Customs are still very much the models from Motorsport and Horizon in most instances, as are some of the upgrades (the Peel Trident you posted for example; that rollcage is unmistakably the one from the main series). It's safe to assume the new stuff is probably being made to match the same quality to potentially be used at a later date.

No backstage passes bud. They're doing a buy a token system to get cars you want. The tokens will be for auto show cars only though.
Tokens for cars from the auto show is the opposite of backstage, though. All FH4 backstage cars were originally from the seasonal playlist and never available in the auto show, weren't they?

Tokens for cars from the auto show is the opposite of backstage, though. All FH4 backstage cars were originally from the seasonal playlist and never available in the auto show, weren't they?
Which is what I've said bud.

I've got the Rossion Q1 back, and having not played FH4 throughout most of the lifespan, I'm more than pleased to see two returnees. Even more special is the Continental, having been returning from FM4.

Unfortunately the majority of my time during this week will be allocated with the arrival of the Sunflower State's release on ATS. I'll still try to get the JFK Conti as soon as possible, but given how good SCS has been making map expansions, my time has been limited on Forza.

So I mentioned before that I try to complete playlists when I have a bit of time which depends on work, well I work in a supermarket. So you can imagine what that is going to be like for the next month.

Back